[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-03-13

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Mar 14 07:00:01 GMT 2011

lib/libc                                regress/lib
regress/sys                             sbin/ifconfig
share/locale                            share/man
sys/arch/alpha/stand                    sys/arch/alpha/stand/boot
sys/arch/amd64/stand/installboot        sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa
sys/arch/armish/stand/boot              sys/arch/hp300/stand/cdboot
sys/arch/hp300/stand/common             sys/arch/hp300/stand/include
sys/arch/hp300/stand/libsa              sys/arch/hp300/stand/uboot
sys/arch/hppa/stand/libsa               sys/arch/hppa64/stand/libsa
sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot         sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa
sys/arch/landisk/stand/boot             sys/arch/landisk/stand/xxboot
sys/arch/loongson/stand/boot            sys/arch/macppc/stand
sys/arch/mvme68k/stand/bootst           sys/arch/mvme68k/stand/bootxx
sys/arch/mvme68k/stand/installboot      sys/arch/mvme68k/stand/libsa
sys/arch/mvme68k/stand/netboot          sys/arch/mvme88k/stand/bootst
sys/arch/mvme88k/stand/bootxx           sys/arch/mvme88k/stand/installboot
sys/arch/mvme88k/stand/libsa            sys/arch/mvme88k/stand/tftpboot
sys/arch/mvmeppc/stand/bootxx           sys/arch/mvmeppc/stand/installboot
sys/arch/mvmeppc/stand/libsa            sys/arch/sgi/stand/boot
sys/arch/sgi/xbow                       sys/arch/socppc/stand/boot
sys/arch/sparc/stand/bootxx             sys/arch/sparc/stand/common
sys/arch/sparc/stand/installboot        sys/arch/sparc64/stand/installboot
sys/arch/sparc64/stand/ofwboot          sys/arch/vax/boot/boot
sys/arch/vax/boot/common                sys/arch/vax/boot/xxboot
sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zboot             sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zbsdmod
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/lib/libsa                           sys/net
usr.sbin/arp

== lib =============================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ locale/runetype.h

  > Sync ctype definitions for the UTF-8 locale to FreeBSD, fixing width of
  > various zero-width characters (e.g. diacritical marks). Also fix runetype
  > mask definitions so that mklocale interprets zero width properly.
  > Diff from Alexander Polakov.
  > Character definition changes checked against Unicode 5.2 by me.
  > ok matthew nicm (stsp@)

  ~ gen/unvis.c                           ~ gen/vis.c

  > Fix handling of VIS_ALL: in vis(), actually encode all characters
  > as requested and give a correct estimate when they don't all fit,
  > and in unvis() decode them instead of erroring
  > ok nicm@, deraadt@ (guenther@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/06 ==

lib

  ~ libc/vis/vis_test.c

  > add a regress test for the vis and unvis functions.  after finding one
  > bug, this then found a 2nd bug..
  > worked on with guenther (deraadt@)

sys

  ~ kern/splice/funcs.pl                  + kern/splice/args-relay-read-eof.pl

  > Test that reading from a spliced socket does not return eof if there
  > is still data in the receive socket buffer. (bluhm@)

  ~ kern/splice/args-max-sleep-server.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-null-max-sleep-client-nonblock.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-null-max-sleep-client.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-null-sleep-client.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-oob-max-sleep-server.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-oobinline-max-sleep-server.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-relay-close-in.pl    ~ kern/splice/args-server-abort.pl
  ~ kern/splice/args-server-exit.pl       ~ kern/splice/echo.pl
  ~ kern/splice/relay.pl                  ~ kern/splice/remote.pl

  > Make regression tests more reliable. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

ifconfig

  ~ brconfig.h                            ~ ifconfig.8
  ~ ifconfig.c

  > Add a way to enable/disable Wake On LAN with ifconfig.
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

  ~ ifconfig.8

  > s/can be/are/ in previous; from jmc (stsp@)

  ~ ifconfig.8

  > consistently use "Wake on LAN (WoL)"; i don;t care if anyone wants to
  > change that, but let's keep it consistent;
  > ok stsp (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

locale

  ~ ctype/en_US.UTF-8.src

  > Sync ctype definitions for the UTF-8 locale to FreeBSD, fixing width of
  > various zero-width characters (e.g. diacritical marks). Also fix runetype
  > mask definitions so that mklocale interprets zero width properly.
  > Diff from Alexander Polakov.
  > Character definition changes checked against Unicode 5.2 by me.
  > ok matthew nicm (stsp@)

man

  ~ man8/rc.d.8

  > Some cleanup of the discussion of rc.d variables:
  > A bit more precision, insert the proper section header,
  > and avoid remarks in parentheses.
  > ok ajacoutot@ (schwarze@)

  ~ man4/re.4

  > Wake On LAN support for re(4).
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

  ~ man4/vr.4

  > Wake On LAN support for vr(4).
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

  ~ man4/re.4                             ~ man4/vr.4

  > consistently use "Wake on LAN (WoL)"; i don;t care if anyone wants to
  > change that, but let's keep it consistent;
  > ok stsp (jmc@)

  ~ man4/dc.4

  > don;t discuss WoL while it's unsupported; ok stsp (jmc@)

  ~ man4/re.4                             ~ man4/vr.4

  > move the wol text up a bit, to make it more consistent; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/alpha/stand

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/alpha/stand/boot

  ~ disk.c                                ~ disk.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ biosdev.c                             ~ biosdev.h
  ~ pxe_net.c                             ~ pxe_net.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/armish/stand/boot

  ~ libsa.h                               ~ wd.c
  ~ wdc.c                                 ~ wdvar.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/stand/cdboot

  ~ conf.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/stand/common

  ~ ct.c                                  ~ hd.c
  ~ scsi.c                                ~ sd.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/stand/include

  ~ scsireg.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/stand/libsa

  ~ rawfs.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/stand/uboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ netio.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/stand/libsa

  ~ dev_hppa.h                            ~ libsa.h
  ~ pdc.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/hppa64/stand/libsa

  ~ dev_hppa64.h                          ~ libsa.h
  ~ pdc.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/i386/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ biosdev.c                             ~ biosdev.h
  ~ pxe_net.c                             ~ pxe_net.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/landisk/stand/boot

  ~ devs.c                                ~ libsa.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/landisk/stand/xxboot

  ~ boot1.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/loongson/stand/boot

  ~ dev.c                                 ~ libsa.h
  ~ rd.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/stand

  ~ ofdev.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/stand/bootst

  ~ dev_tape.c                            ~ dev_tape.h
  ~ rawfs.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/stand/bootxx

  ~ bootxx.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/stand/libsa

  ~ bugdev.c                              ~ libsa.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/stand/netboot

  ~ dev_net.c                             ~ dev_net.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/stand/bootst

  ~ dev_tape.c                            ~ dev_tape.h
  ~ rawfs.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/stand/bootxx

  ~ bootxx.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/stand/libsa

  ~ bugdev.c                              ~ libsa.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/stand/tftpboot

  ~ netdev.c                              ~ netdev.h
  ~ tftpfs.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/stand/bootxx

  ~ bootxx.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/stand/libsa

  ~ bugdev.c                              ~ libsa.h
  ~ rawfs.c                               ~ tftpfs.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/stand/boot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ diskio.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/xbow

  ~ xbridge.c                             ~ xbridgereg.h

  > Disable write gathering on devio settings we inherit from ARCS. (miod@)

arch/socppc/stand/boot

  ~ libsa.h                               ~ wd.c
  ~ wdc.c                                 ~ wdvar.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/stand/bootxx

  ~ bootxx.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/stand/common

  ~ promdev.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/stand/ofwboot

  ~ ofdev.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/vax/boot/boot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ ctu.c
  ~ hp.c                                  ~ mfm.c
  ~ ra.c                                  ~ rom.c
  ~ tmscp.c                               ~ vaxstand.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/vax/boot/common

  ~ vaxstand.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/vax/boot/xxboot

  ~ bootxx.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zboot

  ~ unixdev.c                             ~ unixdev.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zbsdmod

  ~ compat_linux.h                        ~ zbsdmod.c

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ re.c                                  ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Wake On LAN support for re(4).
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_re_pci.c

  > Wake On LAN support for re(4).
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

  ~ if_vr.c                               ~ if_vrreg.h

  > Wake On LAN support for vr(4).
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

lib/libsa

  ~ cd9660.c                              ~ stand.h
  ~ ufs.c                                 ~ unixdev.c
  ~ unixdev.h

  > Change daddr_t to daddr32_t.  The bootblocks on our architectures only
  > do 32-bit block spanning.  If later on we get some that can/should do
  > 64-bit, that can be done now using daddr64_t (but of course, we are taking
  > this step to finalize the daddr_t 64-bit conversion).
  > ok miod krw (deraadt@)

net

  ~ if.c                                  ~ if.h

  > Add a way to enable/disable Wake On LAN with ifconfig.
  > ok deraadt (stsp@)

arp

  ~ arp.8