[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-03-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Mar 19 07:00:01 GMT 2011

distrib/sets                            libexec/spamlogd
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/hp300/stand
sys/arch/loongson/stand                 sys/arch/sgi/stand
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/stand
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/arch/sparc64/stand
sys/dev/ic                              sys/scsi
usr.bin/netstat                         usr.bin/pkg-config

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > amd64 mtrr interrace went away (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/05 ==

spamlogd

  ~ spamlogd.c

  > actually set and use whiteexp in the new -W option.
  > my goof noticed by Boudewijn Dijkstra.
  > ok beck@ (okan@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  - man4/man4.amd64/mtrr.4                ~ man4/man4.amd64/Makefile

  > old style mtrr interface went away (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/man4.amd64/Makefile              + man4/man4.amd64/mtrr.4

  > oh, it should stay (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/man4.amd64/mtrr.4

  > sigh (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ ipifuncs.c
  ~ machdep.c                             ~ sys_machdep.c
  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Old-style MTRRs were never used on amd64, so remove the remaining traces
  > of them, as well as some other unused proc md_flags bits: MDP_COMPAT and
  > MDP_SYSCALL.
  > ok mikeb@ (guenther@)

arch/amd64/include

  - mtrr.h                                ~ proc.h
  ~ sysarch.h

  > Old-style MTRRs were never used on amd64, so remove the remaining traces
  > of them, as well as some other unused proc md_flags bits: MDP_COMPAT and
  > MDP_SYSCALL.
  > ok mikeb@ (guenther@)

arch/hp300/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > Fix obj directory probing to support cross compiling.
  > "Go for it" deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/loongson/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > Fix obj directory probing to support cross compiling.
  > "Go for it" deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/sgi/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > Fix obj directory probing to support cross compiling.
  > "Go for it" deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ z8530kbd.c

  > Add some delay between a successful keyboard reset sequence and a keyboard
  > layout inquiry, as some PS/2 converters (at least the Starview SV 125) need
  > it to behave correctly.
  > Found the hard way and researched by Mike Malopolski, thanks! (miod@)

arch/sparc/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > Fix obj directory probing to support cross compiling.
  > "Go for it" deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ comkbd_ebus.c                         ~ z8530kbd.c

  > Add some delay between a successful keyboard reset sequence and a keyboard
  > layout inquiry, as some PS/2 converters (at least the Starview SV 125) need
  > it to behave correctly.
  > Found the hard way and researched by Mike Malopolski, thanks! (miod@)

arch/sparc64/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > Fix obj directory probing to support cross compiling.
  > "Go for it" deraadt@ (matthew@)

dev/ic

  ~ rt2661.c                              ~ rt2661var.h

  > Fix firmware loading at startup (and resume); from Tim van der Molen
  > based on discussion with damien; tested by others on the lists (deraadt@)

scsi

  ~ uk.c

  > Add ukdetach() so that detaching an unknown SCSI device doesn't result
  > in a kernel panic.
  > ok krw@ (matthew@)

  ~ st.c

  > Fix stdetach() to call vdevgone() with the right device minor numbers.
  > Some stylistic tweaks after discussions with krw@ and deraadt at .
  > ok krw@; "Lovely" deraadt@ (matthew@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

netstat

  ~ inet.c

  > print icps_bmcastecho as "XX echo requests to broadcast/multicast
  > rejected".
  > from Christiano Haesbert with a small tweak to wording (sthen@)

pkg-config

  ~ pkg-config

  > minor related tweaks:
  > - use //=  instead of if (!defined)
  > - don't special-case code for pkg-config itself, prime cache with
  > versioning
  > info.
  > - more accurate regexps for parsing arguments
  > - don't use join() when we mean map()
  > leads to:
  > - fix bug in argument splitting, zap ", " used as argument separation.
  > okay jasper@, tested by landry@ (espie@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > fix a small buglet when PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR was set, it only handled the
  > first occurence
  > of -I/-L correctly but didn't prepend the sysroot to later occurences, now
  > it does.
  > no functional change when PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR wasn't set. (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > - add basic validation for .pc files, at least Name, Description and
  > Version have to be
  > set. this is what fd.o pkg-config requires at least. (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > add a 'pc_path' variable to the pkg-config.pc cache entry.
  > this variable will return the paths where pkg-config searches for .pc
  > files, when queried. (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > format the message when a module doesn't validate more like fd.o
  > pkg-config, which will
  > also be printed when PKG_CONFIG_DEBUG_SPEW isn't set. (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > - assert copyright
  > ok ckuethe@ (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > - when a newer version of an installed package is requested, print the URL
  > where to find a newer version, if possible. matches fd.o pkg-config.
  > (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config.1