[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-11-16

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Nov 17 07:00:01 GMT 2011

gnu/usr.bin/binutils-2.17               lib/libc
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/arm/include                    sys/arch/beagle/dev
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/m68k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k                  sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k                sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc
sys/arch/sh/include                     sys/arch/sh/sh
sys/arch/solbourne/solbourne            sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/aucat
usr.bin/less                            usr.bin/mandoc
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/smtpd

== gnu =============================================================== 01/06 ==

usr.bin/binutils-2.17

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > Sync to ../binutils/Makefile.bsd-wrapper rev. 1.76:
  > Always install addr2line(1), objcopy(1), and readelf(1) manuals,
  > even on architectures with !ELF_TOOLCHAIN && !USING_NEW_BINUTILS.
  > Such architectures do not yet exist, but both symmetry
  > and fixing potential future issues early  are good ideas.
  > ok jsing@ (schwarze@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ locale/mbstowcs.3

  > Fix mbstowcs return value documentation. New text based on mbsrtowcs page.
  > ok jmc (stsp@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man9/fork1.9

  > do not Xr non-existent man pages; (jmc@)

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ pmap.c                                ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  - userret.h

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ ast.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/beagle/dev

  ~ amptimer.c

  > Better clock rate .7% error is much better than 7% error. (drahn@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

  ~ trap.c

  > oops, need a prototype for ast() (deraadt@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

  ~ trap.c

  > oops, need a prototype for ast() (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

  ~ hibernate_machdep.c

  > Reduce use of globals in hibernate code.
  > discussed with deraadt@ (mlarkin@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/sh/include

  - userret.h

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/sh/sh

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/solbourne/solbourne

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ trap.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ kern_sig.c

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

  ~ subr_hibernate.c

  > Reduce use of globals in hibernate code.
  > discussed with deraadt@ (mlarkin@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  > Improve flag setting ioctl so that bulk updates are requested
  > only when we're going up, not when we set PROMISC or any other
  > flag.  Fixes spontaneous CARP failovers when running tcpdump
  > on pfsync.
  > ok henning, mcbride, camield (mikeb@)

sys

  ~ sched.h

  > Make userret() MI.	On architectures which jammed stuff into it in the
  > past, pull that code out seperately.
  > ok guenther miod (deraadt@)

  ~ hibernate.h

  > Reduce use of globals in hibernate code.
  > discussed with deraadt@ (mlarkin@)

aucat

  ~ aproc.c

  > consider there's no dependency between two aprocs, if
  > one of them is NULL (ratchov@)

  ~ dev.c

  > prefix device-specific messages by the device name, since we
  > support multiple devices (ratchov@)

  ~ dev.c

  > mark the device as closed before closing streams attached to it.
  > otherwise a stream may try to close the device a second time. (ratchov@)

less

  ~ cmdbuf.c

  > Don't create a history file called -... doh. Pointed out by jmc. (nicm@)

mandoc

  ~ apropos.c                             ~ apropos_db.c
  ~ apropos_db.h

  > Support multiple search terms, and logical operations -a and -o
  > to combine them.  The default remains -o; usual precedence applies.
  > No explicit grouping by parentheses yet.
  > from kristaps@ (schwarze@)

  ~ man.c

  > When a .TP block is broken but already contains a head element,
  > do not abort(), but delete the head together with the block itself.
  > Problem found and patch provided by joerg@, thanks! (schwarze@)

  ~ mdoc_validate.c

  > When processing .Sh HEAD, as soon as we know which section this is,
  > fix up the section attributes of the HEAD, it's parent BLOCK, and
  > all its (text) children.  This is required because the section
  > attributes get set when each node is allocated, i.e. before processing
  > the content of the node itself.  Thus, the listed nodes got the section
  > attribute of the preceding section.  No need to fix up the BODY, all
  > is fine there already.
  > Found while implementing TYPE_Sh for mandocdb(8). (schwarze@)

ssh

  ~ sftp.c

  > Don't leak list in complete_cmd_parse if there are no commands found.
  > Discovered when I was ``borrowing'' this code for something else.
  > ok djm@ (oga@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCreate.pm

  > if the portstree gives us a cache directory, use it.
  > in lots of multi-packages scenarios that all depend on the main package,
  > this speeds things *a lot*.
  > case in point: in php 5.2,	make package goes down from 1mn40 to 53s.
  > (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm

  > During pkg_create(1), do not print any warnings or non-fatal errors
  > from groff(1); of course, fatal errors cannot be ignored.
  > If you want to polish manuals, use mandoc(1) -Tlint instead.
  > ok espie@, and millert@ does not object (schwarze@)

smtpd

  ~ filter.c                              ~ filter.h

  > fix obvious variable substitution mistake
  > change code type back to int8_t
  > ok gilles@ (chl@)

  ~ smtpd.c                               ~ smtpd.h

  > Do not unlink an offline message until it has been correctly enqueued.
  > While there, simplify the offline_enqueue() function by doing all the
  > sanity checks in the forked process,  and remove all fatal(): on error,
  > the offline message is left untouched in the directory.  Also, get rid
  > of the path_starts_with() check since all paths to offline messages are
  > now constructed internally.
  > ok gilles@ chl@ (eric@)

  ~ runner.c                              ~ smtpd.h
  ~ util.c