[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-09-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Sep 4 07:00:01 BST 2011

bin/csh                                 bin/ksh
bin/pax                                 bin/stty
etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md
games/mille                             gnu/usr.bin/binutils
lib/libc                                lib/libm
lib/libocurses                          libexec/getty
sbin/iked                               sbin/ipsecctl
sbin/route                              sbin/sysctl
share/man                               share/termtypes
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/sparc/conf
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/vax/conf                       sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/arch/vax/vsa
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             usr.bin/netstat
usr.bin/oldrdist                        usr.bin/rdist
usr.bin/tr                              usr.sbin/popa3d
usr.sbin/procmap                        usr.sbin/rbootd

== bin =============================================================== 01/11 ==

csh

  ~ csh.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

ksh

  ~ ksh.1                                 ~ sh.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

pax

  ~ cpio.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

stty

  ~ stty.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/11 ==

etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  > regen (miod@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md

  > Add audio devices. (miod@)

== games ============================================================= 03/11 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/games

mille

  ~ mille.6

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/11 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/amd64obsd-tdep.c

  > Fix backtrace across signals on amd64
  > ok kettenis@ (guenther@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/11 ==

  ~ compat-43/sigvec.3                    ~ gen/signal.3
  ~ gen/sysctl.3                          ~ stdio/printf.3
  ~ stdio/stdio.3                         ~ stdio/wprintf.3
  ~ stdlib/strtol.3                       ~ sys/execve.2
  ~ sys/getsockopt.2                      ~ sys/ktrace.2
  ~ sys/sigaction.2

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

  ~ stdio/stdio.3                         ~ stdlib/strtol.3

  > some minor tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ compat-43/sigvec.3                    ~ sys/sigaction.2

  > knock out some useless Pp; (jmc@)

libm

  ~ man/infnan.3

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

libocurses

  ~ ocurses.3

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/11 ==

getty

  ~ gettytab.5

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

  ~ gettytab.5

  > knock out some useless Pp; (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

iked

  ~ iked.conf.5

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsec.conf.5

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

route

  ~ route.8

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.8

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > document new stuff (espie@)

  ~ man4/safte.4

  > zap trailing whitespace; (jmc@)

  ~ man8/man8.vax/MAKEDEV.8

  > regen (miod@)

  ~ man4/man4.vax/Makefile                ~ man4/man4.vax/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.vax/vsbus.4                 + man4/man4.vax/vsaudio.4

  > Manpage for vsaudio(4/vax). (miod@)

  ~ man4/man4.vax/vsaudio.4               ~ man4/man4.vax/vsbus.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man9/vnsubr.9                         ~ man8/man8.luna88k/boot_luna88k.8
  ~ man5/disktab.5                        ~ man5/login.conf.5
  ~ man5/printcap.5                       ~ man7/operator.7
  ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/vsbic.4             ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/le.4
  ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/vs.4                ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgthree.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/fga.4                 ~ man4/man4.sparc/mgx.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/rfx.4                 ~ man4/man4.sparc/tcx.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/tvtwo.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc/vigra.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/zx.4                  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/mgx.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/rfx.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc64/tvtwo.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/uperf.4             ~ man4/man4.sparc64/vigra.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/zx.4                ~ man4/man4.sparc64/ifb.4
  ~ man4/man4.hp300/hyper.4               ~ man4/man4.vax/rx.4
  ~ man4/man4.hppa/intro.4                ~ man4/man4.hppa/io.4
  ~ man4/man4.hppa/pdc.4                  ~ man4/man4.mvme88k/vsbic.4
  ~ man4/man4.mvme88k/le.4                ~ man4/man4.mvme88k/vs.4
  ~ man4/man4.sgi/intro.4                 ~ man4/man4.alpha/tga.4
  ~ man4/ath.4                            ~ man4/icmp.4
  ~ man4/icmp6.4                          ~ man4/ifmedia.4
  ~ man4/ne.4                             ~ man4/rtw.4
  ~ man4/umsm.4                           ~ man4/speaker.4
  ~ man4/sti.4                            ~ man4/ueagle.4
  ~ man4/ulpt.4                           ~ man4/malo.4
  ~ man4/acx.4                            ~ man4/pgt.4
  ~ man4/uath.4                           ~ man4/adv.4
  ~ man4/bwi.4                            ~ man4/athn.4
  ~ man4/itherm.4                         ~ man4/ahd.4
  ~ man4/aps.4

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/vs.4

  > no vme(4) for this platform; (jmc@)

termtypes

  ~ termcap.5

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

  ~ locore.S

  > Add a general warning about gdb matching against sigcode instructions
  > (guenther@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ files.sparc

  > Switch the sparc audioamd(4) code to the MI driver; tested on SPARCclassic
  > with and without option AUDIO_C_HANDLER. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  - amd7930.c                             - amd7930var.h
  + audioamd.c                            + audioamdvar.h

  > Switch the sparc audioamd(4) code to the MI driver; tested on SPARCclassic
  > with and without option AUDIO_C_HANDLER. (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ amd7930intr.s                         ~ genassym.cf

  > Switch the sparc audioamd(4) code to the MI driver; tested on SPARCclassic
  > with and without option AUDIO_C_HANDLER. (miod@)

arch/vax/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.vax

  > Driver for the audio chip found on VAXstation 4000. Tested on VLC, /60 and
  > /90. (miod@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ intr.h

  > Driver for the audio chip found on VAXstation 4000. Tested on VLC, /60 and
  > /90. (miod@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ conf.c

  > Driver for the audio chip found on VAXstation 4000. Tested on VLC, /60 and
  > /90. (miod@)

arch/vax/vsa

  + vsaudio.c

  > Driver for the audio chip found on VAXstation 4000. Tested on VLC, /60 and
  > /90. (miod@)

conf

  ~ files

  > MI driver for AMD79C30 audio chip; from NetBSD (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ am7930reg.h                           + am7930.c
  + am7930var.h

  > MI driver for AMD79C30 audio chip; from NetBSD (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_alc.c

  > Disable PHY hibernation. The PHY will go into sleep state when it
  > detects no established link and it will re-establish link when the
  > cable is plugged in.  Previously it failed to re-establish link
  > when the cable was plugged in such that it required turning the
  > interface down and then up to make it work. This was caused by
  > incorrectly programmed hibernation parameters. Further details
  > regarding PHY setup are necessary to be able to re-enable this
  > feature.
  > Tested by Matteo Filippetto and Gabriel Linder
  > From FreeBSD via Brad (kevlo@)

  ~ if_ale.c

  > Help prevent watchdog timeouts.
  > Tested by roberth <robert at openbsd dot pap dot st> and Johan Torin.
  > From Brad (kevlo@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

netstat

  ~ netstat.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

oldrdist

  ~ oldrdist.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

rdist

  ~ rdist.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

tr

  ~ tr.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

popa3d

  ~ popa3d.8

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

procmap

  ~ procmap.1

  > make -column lists pretty again;
  > specifically, rewrite them to permit some markup in the column headers,
  > and use "Ta" instead of literal tabs; mandoc does not currently match groff
  > 100%, but a mandoc fix may be some time off, and we've gone enough releases
  > with poorly formatting column lists.
  > in some cases i have rewritten the lists as -tag, where -column made
  > little sense. (jmc@)

rbootd

  ~ rbootd.8