[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-09-17

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Sep 18 07:00:01 BST 2011

Makefile                                distrib/special
lib/libc                                regress/lib
regress/usr.bin                         sbin/ping
share/man                               sys/arch/m68k/fpe
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/fpu                      sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/fpu                    sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/man
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.bin/nc
usr.bin/sed                             usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/httpd                          usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/tcpdump
usr.sbin/traceroute

== Makefile ========================================================== 01/09 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/Makefile

Makefile

  > Document proper cross-tools command to run, specially when working on a
  > new port.
  > Okay miod@ (pirofti@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/09 ==

special

  ~ Makefile                              + ping/Makefile

  > Add SMALL infrastructure to ping.
  > ok mcbride@ sthen@ (haesbaert@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

  ~ arch/sparc64/fpu/fpu_arith.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/09 ==

lib

  ~ libc/fnmatch/Makefile                 ~ libc/fnmatch/fnm_test.c
  ~ libc/fnmatch/fnm_test.in

  > Expand fnmatch() regress with patterns obtained from the tests for APR's
  > new fnmatch implementation. With kind permission from Bill Rowe.
  > Tweak the test code to allow comment lines in the test data file.
  > ok millert@ (stsp@)

usr.bin

  ~ mdoclint/mdoclint.1

  > remove mdoc.samples(7): all info already is in mdoc(7)
  > feedback and ok  jmc@ (schwarze@)

  ~ sed/substitute.sh

  > Also test input files ending without a newline,
  > and catch NUL characters in the sed output.
  > That requires using hexdump(1), which also makes
  > the test suite output more intelligible in case of errors.
  > Of course, many tests still fail, until i commit my patch to sed.
  > (schwarze@)

  ~ pkg-config/Makefile

  > add a test --variable (expansion to multiple values), currently failing.
  > (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config/Makefile                   + pkg-config/pcdir/linebreak.pc

  > add (failing) test for a corner case discovered by aja@: linebreaks inside
  > fields (jasper@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

ping

  ~ ping.8                                ~ ping.c

  > Standarize the ToS option across nc/ping/traceroute so that they'll
  > accept the same values as pf.conf. It accepts decimal, hexadecimal and
  > the dscp/tos keywords. The ping option was ripped of in SMALL.
  > ok mcbride@ sthen@ (haesbaert@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  - man7/mdoc.samples.7                   ~ man7/Makefile
  ~ man7/intro.7                          ~ man9/style.9

  > remove mdoc.samples(7): all info already is in mdoc(7)
  > feedback and ok  jmc@ (schwarze@)

  ~ man4/rsu.4

  > List another suported adapter I could test. (stsp@)

  ~ man7/mdoc.7

  > Add a MACRO OVERVIEW, listing all macros ordered by purpose,
  > each with a one-line discription.  Use this when wondering
  > which macro fits best for your particular use case, and whether
  > there are alternatives.
  > feedback ond ok  jmc@ (schwarze@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/m68k/fpe

  ~ fpu_arith.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ z8530reg.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ z8530reg.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

arch/sparc/fpu

  ~ fpu_arith.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ z8530reg.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

arch/sparc64/fpu

  ~ fpu_arith.h

  > arithemtic -> arithmetic (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ lpt.c

  > Don't bother keeping a {u,}lptioctl function which is a duplicate of
  > enodev().
  > ok jsing@ krw@ deraadt@ (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ pciide.c

  > use default_chip_unmap for sata_chip_map, lets the via controllers detach
  > ok deraadt@ (jsg@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ pcmcia.c

  > Fix a truncated DPRINTF. (miod@)

dev/usb

  ~ ulpt.c

  > Don't bother keeping a {u,}lptioctl function which is a duplicate of
  > enodev().
  > ok jsing@ krw@ deraadt@ (miod@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > Deduplicate IPv4 and IPv6 code that handles fragments that have not
  > been reassembled by normalization.
  > ok henning claudio (bluhm@)

  ~ pf.c

  > move initialisation of pd->nsaddr and pd->ndaddr from pf_test_rule to
  > pf_setup_pdesc. fixes logging of packets passed statefully. ok bluhm
  > (henning@)

  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pfvar.h

  > The pd->ip_sum and pd->proto_sum fields are not needed.  Replace
  > the one occurrence in pf_test_state_icmp() that uses pd2.ip_sum by
  > a local variable.  Remove ip_sum and proto_sum from struct pf_pdesc.
  > ok claudio henning (bluhm@)

sys

  ~ conf.h

  > Don't bother keeping a {u,}lptioctl function which is a duplicate of
  > enodev().
  > ok jsing@ krw@ deraadt@ (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

  ~ man.1

  > remove mdoc.samples(7): all info already is in mdoc(7)
  > feedback and ok  jmc@ (schwarze@)

mandoc

  ~ libmandoc.h                           ~ mandoc.h
  ~ mandocdb.8                            ~ mandocdb.c

  > Change the mandocdb(8) interface to better agree with makewhatis(8);
  > in particular, allow recursing multiple directories and create
  > multiple databases in one call.
  > This commit includes some reorganization, and exposing mandoc_strdup
  > as a utility function in mandoc.h.
  > written by kristaps@ (schwarze@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ main.c
  ~ main.h                                ~ mandoc.1
  + mdoc_man.c

  > Initial, incomplete support for -Tman
  > to convert mdoc(7) documents to the man(7) language.
  > This is work in progress and will be developed in tree.
  > It does already handle the cat(1) manual,
  > but will hardly handle all your fancy manuals yet.
  > go ahead  kristaps@ jmc@ millert@ deraadt@ (schwarze@)

nc

  ~ nc.1                                  ~ netcat.c

  > Standarize the ToS option across nc/ping/traceroute so that they'll
  > accept the same values as pf.conf. It accepts decimal, hexadecimal and
  > the dscp/tos keywords. The ping option was ripped of in SMALL.
  > ok mcbride@ sthen@ (haesbaert@)

sed

  ~ process.c

  > Rewrite the main loop of the "sed s/..." command, to fix multiple
  > issues regarding the replacement of zero-length strings.
  > This commit brings back rev. 1.16, but without the regression that
  > forced the backout:  No NUL bytes will be output now, not even when
  > the input file lacks a trailing newline character and there is a
  > zero-length match at the end.
  > OK otto@ deraadt@;
  > and naddy@ (who originally found the regression) checked that
  > the regression is indeed fixed. (schwarze@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

  ~ bgpd.8                                ~ bgpd.conf.5
  ~ mrt.c                                 ~ mrt.h
  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c
  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_rib.c

  > Implement new mrt table dump format as specified in draft-ietf-grow-mrt.
  > Tested with IP and IPv6 sessions and against the libbgpdump parser.
  > OK henning@ (claudio@)

httpd

  ~ src/ap/ap_fnmatch.c

  > Apply the fnmatch recursion limit fix to the local copy of fnmatch in
  > httpd.
  > ok henning (stsp@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.8

  > improve -s description. the major points are set vs adjust and stay in
  > the forground until we receive a reply or hit the 15 second timeout.
  > with theo, evolved out of sth completely different (henning@)

  ~ ntpd.8

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCreate.pm

  > work-around for default vs. no flavor (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm

  > make pkg_add -nvv work with respect to whatis.db updates;
  > ok espie@ (schwarze@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-icmp6.c

  > access a 32-bit field as u_int32_t, not as u_long; ok bluhm@ (naddy@)

  ~ print-ip6.c

  > update pointer variable after copying misaligned packet; ok claudio@
  > (naddy@)

  ~ print-icmp6.c

  > Make tcpdump -v print the id and seq of icmp6 echo packets.
  > ok claudio naddy (bluhm@)

traceroute

  ~ traceroute.8                          ~ traceroute.c

  > Standarize the ToS option across nc/ping/traceroute so that they'll
  > accept the same values as pf.conf. It accepts decimal, hexadecimal and
  > the dscp/tos keywords. The ping option was ripped of in SMALL.
  > ok mcbride@ sthen@ (haesbaert@)

  ~ traceroute.8