[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-09-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Sep 19 07:00:01 BST 2011

Makefile.cross                          bin/systrace
distrib/sets                            gnu/usr.bin/cc
regress/lib                             regress/usr.bin
share/man                               sys/altq
sys/arch/beagle/dev                     sys/arch/hp300/dev
sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64                  sys/arch/hppa64/include
sys/arch/loongson/dev                   sys/arch/vax/mbus
sys/compat/linux                        sys/dev
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/sbus
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/sys                                 sys/ufs/ext2fs
sys/ufs/ffs                             sys/ufs/ufs
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/smtpd                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== Makefile.cross ==================================================== 01/09 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/Makefile.cross

Makefile.cross

  > ia64 should use gcc4; sort the list of binutils-2.17 platforms while I'm
  > there
  > ok jsing@, miod@ (kettenis@)

== bin =============================================================== 02/09 ==

systrace

  ~ intercept.c                           ~ intercept.h
  ~ intercept-translate.c                 ~ openbsd-syscalls.c
  ~ register.c

  > Add support for *at(2) system calls to systrace(1).
  > ok deraadt@, sthen@, jasper@ (matthew@)

== distrib =========================================================== 03/09 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/09 ==

usr.bin/cc

  ~ libgcc/Makefile

  > Override LIB2ADDEH on ia64.  Probably not quite right, but at least this
  > makes
  > it possible to build a cross compiler, and we don't really care about
  > exception handling until we have a kernel to run C++ code on anyway.
  > (kettenis@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/09 ==

lib

  + libpthread/restart/connect/Makefile
  + libpthread/restart/connect/connect.c

  > test for interrupted connect. (fgsch@)

  ~ libpthread/restart/Makefile           ~ libpthread/restart/Makefile.inc
  ~ libpthread/restart/accept/Makefile    ~ libpthread/restart/connect/Makefile
  ~ libpthread/restart/kevent/Makefile    ~ libpthread/restart/read/Makefile
  ~ libpthread/restart/readv/Makefile
  ~ libpthread/restart/recvfrom/Makefile
  ~ libpthread/restart/recvmsg/Makefile

  > add connect and move include to top Makefile.inc (fgsch@)

usr.bin

  ~ mandoc/char/Makefile                  + mandoc/char/hyphen/Makefile
  + mandoc/char/hyphen/man.in             + mandoc/char/hyphen/man.out_ascii
  + mandoc/char/hyphen/mdoc.in            + mandoc/char/hyphen/mdoc.out_ascii

  > check whether breakable hyphens
  > 1) are formatted correctly (normal, bold or underlined)
  > 2) actually break the line
  > test cases fixed by term.c rev. 1.60 (schwarze@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man7/Makefile                         ~ man7/man.7
  ~ man7/mandoc_char.7                    ~ man7/mdoc.7
  ~ man7/roff.7                           ~ man7/tbl.7
  + man7/eqn.7

  > sync to mandoc 1.11.5:
  > document eqn(7) and many other improvements
  > from kristaps@
  > no objection from deraadt@ against adding an eqn.7 page (schwarze@)

  ~ man7/mdoc.7                           ~ man7/roff.7

  > sync to version 1.11.7 from kristaps@
  > main new feature: support the roff(7) .tr request
  > plus various bugfixes and some refactoring
  > regressions are so minor that it's better to get this in
  > and fix them in the tree (schwarze@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

altq

  ~ altq_hfsc.c                           ~ altq_hfsc.h

  > rename a few functions and structs etc that collide with upcoming stuffz
  > ok miod mpf (henning@)

arch/beagle/dev

  ~ prcm.c

  > Obvious typo in diag message (miod@)

arch/hp300/dev

  ~ mb89352.c

  > Fix exchanged arguments in a "can't happen" printf (miod@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Add missing cache and TLB purges. (kettenis@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Take into account the PIE bits when masking PDEs. (kettenis@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Use an uvm object to keep track of the page table pages, just like we do on
  > hppa to reduce the diffs between the two pmaps.  Also add cache flushing
  > in places where hppa does them. (kettenis@)

  ~ locore.S

  > Disable space-ID hashing like we do on hppa. (kettenis@)

  ~ locore.S

  > A few more fixes to the trap save/restore code. (kettenis@)

  ~ locore.S                              ~ machdep.c

  > Some fixes for the signal handling code. (kettenis@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > Use an uvm object to keep track of the page table pages, just like we do on
  > hppa to reduce the diffs between the two pmaps.  Also add cache flushing
  > in places where hppa does them. (kettenis@)

arch/loongson/dev

  ~ apm.c

  > Update the system clock when we resume.
  > OK miod@ (phessler@)

arch/vax/mbus

  ~ uba_mbus.c

  > Missing error printf argument (miod@)

compat/linux

  ~ files.linux                           ~ linux_emuldata.h
  ~ linux_exec.c                          ~ syscalls.master
  + linux_futex.c                         + linux_futex.h

  > Add futex support for compat/linux.
  > Based on Emmanuel Dreyfus work with additions, tricks and adaptations by
  > me.
  > Lots of help and reviewing by guenther@ and oga at .
  > Okay guenther at . (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_syscall.h                       ~ linux_syscallargs.h
  ~ linux_syscalls.c                      ~ linux_sysent.c

  > Regenerate after the futex commit. (pirofti@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraid_crypto.c
  ~ softraidvar.h

  > Rename the optional metadata handler function and factor out the optional
  > metadata handling code. This will simplify upcoming changes. (jsing@)

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraid_crypto.c
  ~ softraidvar.h

  > Add support for variable length optional metadata in softraid(4). This
  > will allow new optional metadata types to be added without needing to
  > change the softraid metadata version.
  > Note that this commit changes the softraid metadata version, however
  > an upgrade from older metadata is handled automatically. A full backup
  > prior to upgrading is still strongly recommended.
  > With feedback from stsp@ and marco. (jsing@)

  ~ systrace.c                            ~ systrace.h

  > Add support for *at(2) system calls to systrace(1).
  > ok deraadt@, sthen@, jasper@ (matthew@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_san_xilinx.c

  > Fix various format string types to as a minimum match the width of the
  > variables being processed.
  > ok bluhm@ henning@ (miod@)

dev/sbus

  ~ bpp.c

  > Remove extra printf arguments (miod@)

dev/usb

  ~ ohci.c

  > Set pointer to NULL not 0. From Michael Knudsen (several times). (krw@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_wi_usb.c
  ~ ueagle.c                              ~ usb.c
  ~ usbf.c                                ~ uvideo.c

  > usbdivar.h needs struct timeout. But don't get it indirectly via
  > sys/kthread.h,  use sys/timeout.h explicitly. Noted by Michael
  > Knudsen.
  > ok deraadt@ kettenis@ guenther@ (krw@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Make sysctl__string() handle the truncated output case via two
  > copyout()s instead of altering the in-use variable, and to also
  > return the full length via oldlenp in that case as documented.
  > ok jsing@ (problem pointed out by matthew@) (guenther@)

  ~ kern_sysctl.c                         ~ subr_disk.c

  > Do not use the `hh' modifier in printf format strings, as the kernel printf
  > implementation does not support it and handles it as `h'.
  > ok jsing@ (miod@)

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c

  > One more %hh format string. (miod@)

  ~ kern_proc.c

  > %, is not a valid format specifier (miod@)

net

  ~ if_pflog.c                            ~ pf.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > Move the call to pf_test_rule() for fragments that have not been
  > reassembled by normalization from pf_setup_pdesc() to pf_test().
  > This simplifies the paramter list of pf_setup_pdesc() as it can
  > concentrate on its job filling the pf_pdesc struct.
  > ok henning mpf (bluhm@)

  ~ if_vlan.c                             ~ pf_lb.c
  ~ pf_norm.c

  > Fix various format string types to as a minimum match the width of the
  > variables being processed.
  > ok bluhm@ henning@ (miod@)

  ~ if_pflog.c                            ~ pf.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > Move the pdesc initialization code into pf_setup_pdesc().  Unify
  > some IPv4 and IPv6 code.  Make sure that both code paths set the
  > same fields in the same order.
  > ok mpf henning (bluhm@)

netinet

  ~ if_ether.c

  > Fix various format string types to as a minimum match the width of the
  > variables being processed.
  > ok bluhm@ henning@ (miod@)

sys

  ~ proc.h

  > PS_* flags are exposed to userspace via sysctl(KERN_PROC); don't require
  > such programs to #define __need_process just to get them
  > ok deraadt@ (guenther@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_alloc.c

  > Fix more printf format string bugs in sys/ufs.
  > ok miod (bluhm@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_softdep.c

  > Make sure daddr64_t values get printed with %lld.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ ffs_alloc.c                           ~ ffs_softdep.c

  > Fix more printf format string bugs in sys/ufs.
  > ok miod (bluhm@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_bmap.c

  > Make sure daddr64_t values get printed with %lld.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ ufs_lookup.c                          ~ ufs_vnops.c

  > Fix more printf format string bugs in sys/ufs.
  > ok miod (bluhm@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

mandoc

  ~ Makefile                              ~ chars.c
  ~ chars.in                              ~ eqn.c
  ~ html.h                                ~ libman.h
  ~ libmandoc.h                           ~ libmdoc.h
  ~ libroff.h                             ~ man.c
  ~ man_html.c                            ~ man_term.c
  ~ mandoc.1                              ~ mandoc.c
  ~ mandoc.h                              ~ mandocdb.8
  ~ mdoc.c                                ~ mdoc_html.c
  ~ mdoc_term.c                           ~ mdoc_validate.c
  ~ read.c                                ~ roff.c
  ~ tbl.c                                 ~ term.h
  ~ tree.c                                + eqn_html.c
  + eqn_term.c

  > sync to version 1.11.5:
  > adding an implementation of the eqn(7) language
  > by kristaps@
  > So far, only .EQ/.EN blocks are handled, in-line equations are not, and
  > rendering is not yet very pretty, but the parser is fairly complete.
  > (schwarze@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ eqn.c
  ~ libmandoc.h                           ~ man.c
  ~ man_hash.c                            ~ man_html.c
  ~ man_validate.c                        ~ mandoc.c
  ~ mdoc.c                                ~ mdoc_hash.c
  ~ mdoc_html.c                           ~ mdoc_macro.c
  ~ mdoc_validate.c                       ~ out.c
  ~ out.h                                 ~ roff.c
  ~ tbl_html.c                            ~ tbl_layout.c
  ~ tbl_term.c                            ~ term_ps.c

  > sync to version 1.11.7 from kristaps@
  > main new feature: support the roff(7) .tr request
  > plus various bugfixes and some refactoring
  > regressions are so minor that it's better to get this in
  > and fix them in the tree (schwarze@)

  ~ term.c

  > fix a regression introduced in 1.11.7:
  > even a breakable hyphen may be bold or underlined
  > With this fix, 1.11.7 reduces the groff/mandoc differences in
  > base by about 10% (100k -> 90k lines of diffs) with respect to 1.11.5.
  > (schwarze@)

  ~ roff.c

  > Fix another regression introduced in 1.11.7:
  > If a string is defined in terms of itself, the REPARSE_LIMIT in read.c
  > used to break the cycle.  This no longer works since all the work
  > is now done in the function roff_res(), looping indefinitely.
  > Make this loop finite by arbitrarily limiting the number of times one
  > string may be expanded; when that limit is reached, leave the remaining
  > string references unexpanded.
  > This changes behaviour compared to 1.11.5, where the whole line would
  > have been dropped.	The new behaviour is better because it loses less
  > information.  We don't want to imitate groff-1.20.1 behaviour anyway
  > because groff aborts parsing of the whole file. (schwarze@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ mrt.h
  ~ rde.h                                 ~ session.h

  > Reorder the headerfiles a bit. Move the bgpd specific prototypes out of
  > mrt.h. Now mrt.h includes only protocol specific defines. (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ ramqueue.c                            ~ runner.c
  ~ smtpd.h

  > a single ramqueue message may be shared by many ramqueue envelopes to be
  > delivered to many ramqueue hosts, therefore storing the rq_host pointer in
  > the rq_msg envelope is wrong and causes baaaaad behavior.
  > this commit fixes reliability issues in runner process, experienced and
  > reported by many (gilles@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-gtp.c

  > Avoid potential 64-bit unaligned access on strict alignment architectures.
  > Spotted by and ok naddy@ (jsing@)

  ~ print-gtp.c

  > Fix whitespace. (jsing@)

  ~ print-l2tp.c