[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-09-19

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Sep 20 07:00:01 BST 2011

distrib/sets                            etc/mtree/4.4BSD.dist
etc/rc.d/ftpd                           etc/rc.d/identd
etc/rc.d/mopd                           etc/rc.d/popa3d
etc/rc.d/rarpd                          etc/rc.d/rc.subr
gnu/lib/libstdc++                       gnu/usr.bin/binutils-2.17
gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         lib/csu
lib/libc                                libexec
libexec/getNAME                         regress/sys
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
share/mk                                sys/arch/hppa/dev
sys/arch/hppa64/dev                     sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64
sys/arch/vax/dec                        sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/vax/stand/boot                 sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/arch/vax/vsa                        sys/compat/linux
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/kern
sys/lib/libkern                         sys/net
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/kdump
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.bin/systat
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/smtpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/11 ==

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.alpha                   ~ lists/base/md.landisk

  > sync (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/11 ==

mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  ~ mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  > remove the /usr/share/man/ps* hierarchy and supporting variables; MANPS
  > disappeared during the source manuals switch.
  > no objections from schwarze@ jmc@ deraadt@ (okan@)

rc.d/ftpd

  ~ rc.d/ftpd

  > Set defaults daemon_flags (same as advertised in rc.conf.local(5) so
  > that we can use these scripts right away with /etc/rc.d/XXX -f without
  > having to manually set _flags.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

rc.d/identd

  ~ rc.d/identd

  > Set defaults daemon_flags (same as advertised in rc.conf.local(5) so
  > that we can use these scripts right away with /etc/rc.d/XXX -f without
  > having to manually set _flags.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

rc.d/mopd

  ~ rc.d/mopd

  > Set defaults daemon_flags (same as advertised in rc.conf.local(5) so
  > that we can use these scripts right away with /etc/rc.d/XXX -f without
  > having to manually set _flags.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

rc.d/popa3d

  ~ rc.d/popa3d

  > Set defaults daemon_flags (same as advertised in rc.conf.local(5) so
  > that we can use these scripts right away with /etc/rc.d/XXX -f without
  > having to manually set _flags.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

rc.d/rarpd

  ~ rc.d/rarpd

  > Set defaults daemon_flags (same as advertised in rc.conf.local(5) so
  > that we can use these scripts right away with /etc/rc.d/XXX -f without
  > having to manually set _flags.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

rc.d/rc.subr

  ~ rc.d/rc.subr

  > Use arugments for rc script instead of environment variables to indicate
  > debug mode.
  > This commit also adds a force mode for the script to allow one to force
  > operations even if daemon_flags is set to NO.
  > In this case the sane default values will be used for each script.
  > e.g.: "/etc/rc.d/foo -f start" will start sshd even if it's disabled
  > ok ajacoutot@ (robert@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/11 ==

lib/libstdc++

  ~ shlib_version

  > - enable thread model posix for gcc 3 which makes dwarf2 exception
  > handling thread safe and enables thread safety for libstdc++
  > - bump libstdc++ major
  > See faq/current.html for instructions on how to correctly build
  > userland for this change.
  > originally from kurt@, ok miod@ (naddy@)

usr.bin/binutils-2.17

  ~ bfd/elf64-hppa.c

  > Don't unconditionally create the dynamic sections since that makes building
  > static binaries impossible. (kettenis@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper                  ~ gcc/config/openbsd.h

  > - enable thread model posix for gcc 3 which makes dwarf2 exception
  > handling thread safe and enables thread safety for libstdc++
  > - bump libstdc++ major
  > See faq/current.html for instructions on how to correctly build
  > userland for this change.
  > originally from kurt@, ok miod@ (naddy@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/11 ==

csu

  ~ hppa64/md_init.h

  > Use long calls like we do on hppa, otherwise the function we want to call
  > might be unreachable. (kettenis@)

libc

  ~ arch/hppa64/SYS.h

  > Clear the upper 32-bits of the system call address we load using ldil,
  > since
  > that instruction does sign extension.  Look at %r1 to determine whether a
  > system call was sucessful, since that is where the kernel puts the
  > information. (kettenis@)

  ~ arch/hppa64/SYS.h

  > Use a long-displacement branch instruction to call __cerror, since the
  > linker doesn't generate stubs yet. (kettenis@)

  ~ arch/hppa64/sys/cerror.S

  > Make this actually work.
  > ok jsing@ (kettenis@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/11 ==

libexec

  ~ Makefile

  > Obsoleted after the makewhatis(8) re-write in 2000.
  > ok espie schwarze deraadt. (okan@)

getNAME

  - Makefile                              - getNAME.8
  - getNAME.c

  > Obsoleted after the makewhatis(8) re-write in 2000.
  > ok espie schwarze deraadt. (okan@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/11 ==

  + net/pf_fragment/Makefile              + net/pf_fragment/ping6_cksum.py
  + net/pf_fragment/ping6_mtu_1300.py     + net/pf_fragment/ping_cksum.py
  + net/pf_fragment/ping_mtu_1300.py      + net/pf_fragment/udp6_cksum.py
  + net/pf_fragment/udp_cksum.py

  > Add a test suite to route ip fragments through a box running pf.
  > You have to setup four machines manually as described in the makefile.
  > The test uses scapy and python to send ping echo request or udp
  > echo packets along the routers.  It analyzes the returned ping echo
  > reply or udp packets or the icmp error packets. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > kill prototypes for long removed functions, Rafael Sadowski <rafael at
  > sizeofvoid.org> (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > DESKTOP_FILES -> MODGNOME_DESKTOP_FILE. (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > Use MODXFCE_DESKTOP_FILE for the xfce4 module case. (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man9/printf.9

  > Sync with reality: remove %r and %z which have been removed quite some time
  > ago, and mention %hh, %j and %t are not supported. (miod@)

  ~ man7/hier.7

  > remove mention of man/cat* pages; ok schwarze@ (okan@)

  ~ man8/rc.d.8

  > document the new rc.d script arguments and remove the reference
  > to the old-style RC_DEBUG environment variable (robert@)

mk

  ~ bsd.own.mk

  > remove the /usr/share/man/ps* hierarchy and supporting variables; MANPS
  > disappeared during the source manuals switch.
  > no objections from schwarze@ jmc@ deraadt@ (okan@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ elroy.c

  > %b format strings take the value before the bitname string, not the other
  > way around. (miod@)

arch/hppa64/dev

  ~ elroy.c

  > %b format strings take the value before the bitname string, not the other
  > way around. (miod@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ trap.c

  > Remove (annoying) debug printf. (kettenis@)

  ~ trap.c

  > Handle an instruction memory protection trap from userland as an ordinary
  > fault. (kettenis@)

  ~ trap.c

  > Disable TRAPDEBUG. (kettenis@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Remove some unnecessary debug code.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

arch/vax/dec

  ~ dzcons.c

  > Try and clean system type constants a bit:
  > - save the second byte of vax_siedata into a new variable, vax_cpustype,
  > and use it instead of (vax_siedata >> 8) & 0xff or other similar
  > constructs.
  > - the VAX_SIE_KAxxx constants are duplicates of the VAX_STYP_xx constants.
  > Standardize on the latter and kill the former.
  > - only keep VAX_VTYP_xx constants for KA46 and KA47, those are the only
  > systems which use these constants and are told apart by a different
  > SIE byte.
  > No functional change intended. (miod@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ cvax.h

  > Fix obvious cut'n'paste error in a comment. (miod@)

  ~ ka650.h                               ~ sid.h

  > Try and clean system type constants a bit:
  > - save the second byte of vax_siedata into a new variable, vax_cpustype,
  > and use it instead of (vax_siedata >> 8) & 0xff or other similar
  > constructs.
  > - the VAX_SIE_KAxxx constants are duplicates of the VAX_STYP_xx constants.
  > Standardize on the latter and kill the former.
  > - only keep VAX_VTYP_xx constants for KA46 and KA47, those are the only
  > systems which use these constants and are told apart by a different
  > SIE byte.
  > No functional change intended. (miod@)

arch/vax/stand/boot

  ~ boot.c                                ~ if_le.c

  > Try and clean system type constants a bit:
  > - save the second byte of vax_siedata into a new variable, vax_cpustype,
  > and use it instead of (vax_siedata >> 8) & 0xff or other similar
  > constructs.
  > - the VAX_SIE_KAxxx constants are duplicates of the VAX_STYP_xx constants.
  > Standardize on the latter and kill the former.
  > - only keep VAX_VTYP_xx constants for KA46 and KA47, those are the only
  > systems which use these constants and are told apart by a different
  > SIE byte.
  > No functional change intended. (miod@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ findcpu.c                             ~ ibus.c
  ~ ka46.c                                ~ ka48.c
  ~ ka53.c                                ~ ka650.c
  ~ ka680.c                               ~ machdep.c

  > Try and clean system type constants a bit:
  > - save the second byte of vax_siedata into a new variable, vax_cpustype,
  > and use it instead of (vax_siedata >> 8) & 0xff or other similar
  > constructs.
  > - the VAX_SIE_KAxxx constants are duplicates of the VAX_STYP_xx constants.
  > Standardize on the latter and kill the former.
  > - only keep VAX_VTYP_xx constants for KA46 and KA47, those are the only
  > systems which use these constants and are told apart by a different
  > SIE byte.
  > No functional change intended. (miod@)

arch/vax/vsa

  ~ hdc9224.c

  > Print 64 bit values with %ll to get a meaningful message at attach time.
  > (miod@)

  ~ lcg.c

  > Try and clean system type constants a bit:
  > - save the second byte of vax_siedata into a new variable, vax_cpustype,
  > and use it instead of (vax_siedata >> 8) & 0xff or other similar
  > constructs.
  > - the VAX_SIE_KAxxx constants are duplicates of the VAX_STYP_xx constants.
  > Standardize on the latter and kill the former.
  > - only keep VAX_VTYP_xx constants for KA46 and KA47, those are the only
  > systems which use these constants and are told apart by a different
  > SIE byte.
  > No functional change intended. (miod@)

compat/linux

  ~ syscalls.master

  > Expand syscall awareness in preparation for pipe2 implementation.
  > (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_syscall.h                       ~ linux_syscallargs.h
  ~ linux_syscalls.c                      ~ linux_sysent.c

  > Regenerate after syscall expansion. (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_socket.c

  > Fix Unix socket handling when the length is too large by trimming.
  > Okay claudio@ (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_ipc.c                           ~ syscalls.master

  > Add pipe2. Okay miod@ (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_syscall.h                       ~ linux_syscallargs.h
  ~ linux_syscalls.c                      ~ linux_sysent.c

  > Regenerate after pipe2. (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_ipc.c

  > Fix comments, they really made sense before splitting them.
  > Noticed by fgs@, thanks! (pirofti@)

  ~ linux_ipc.c

  > Gah, no cookie for me. (pirofti@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c

  > Cleanup sr_ioctl_createraid(). There are three clear cases - (1) corrupt
  > or invalid metadata; (2) a new volume with no existing metadata; and (3)
  > an existing volume with metadata. This removes duplicated code and
  > simplifies the code path.
  > Also ensure that we only process the optional metadata once per volume
  > and not once per chunk. Move the optional metadata handler calls into
  > sr_ioctl_createraid(). (jsing@)

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraidvar.h

  > When installboot is run on a softraid volume, add boot optional metadata
  > to store the DUID of the softraid volume and each of the chunks that it
  > is assembled from. This allows us to correctly identify the root disk.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > If the rootduid matches a softraid chunk of a bootable softraid volume,
  > map the rootduid to the DUID of the softraid volume. This means that
  > regardless of where the kernel is loaded from we always get the softraid
  > volume as the root device, providing we booted from one of its chunks.
  > If we boot from any other disk then the rootduid remains unchanged.
  > With this diff it is now possible to have the root filesystem on softraid,
  > however at this stage the kernel still needs to be loaded from a separate
  > FFS partition.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

dev/ic

  ~ sti.c

  > Missing argument in STIDEBUG printf (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ azalia.c

  > Make sure snooping is enabled on Intel HDA variants.  Fixes audio on my
  > x220.  Suggested before by jakemsr.
  > ok deraadt@, ratchov@ (kettenis@)

kern

  ~ vfs_bio.c                             ~ vfs_biomem.c

  > clean up buffer cache statistics somewhat to
  > remove some now useless statistics, and add some
  > relevant ones regarding kva usage in the cache.
  > make systat io and show bcstats in ddb both show
  > these counters.
  > ok deraadt@ krw@ (beck@)

lib/libkern

  ~ arch/hppa64/bcopy.m4

  > Avoid sign-extension when extracting the low bits of addresses when
  > checking
  > if the addresses are 4-byte aligned.
  > ok jsing@ (kettenis@)

  ~ arch/hppa64/bcopy.S                   ~ arch/hppa64/spcopy.S

  > Regen. (kettenis@)

net

  ~ if_pflog.c                            ~ pf.c
  ~ pf_norm.c                             ~ pf_osfp.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > Consolidate pf function parameters.  Move off and hdrlen into pdesc
  > and change their type from int to u_int32_t.  Do not pass struct
  > tcphdr *th and sa_family_t af, it is in pd anyway.	Do not use af
  > and pd->af intermixed, the latter makes clear where it comes from.
  > Do not calculate the packet length again if pd already has it.  Use
  > pd2.off instead of off2.
  > go go go go don't stop henning@ mpf@ (bluhm@)

sys

  ~ mount.h

  > clean up buffer cache statistics somewhat to
  > remove some now useless statistics, and add some
  > relevant ones regarding kva usage in the cache.
  > make systat io and show bcstats in ddb both show
  > these counters.
  > ok deraadt@ krw@ (beck@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

kdump

  ~ kdump.c                               ~ mksubr

  > teach kdump about "siginfo-style" signal sub-codes, and the (currently)
  > limited subset of information the kernel supplies.
  > ok miod pirofti (deraadt@)

mandoc

  ~ roff.c

  > Breaking the line at a hyphen is only allowed if the hyphen
  > is both preceded and followed by an alphabetic character.
  > This fixes about a dozen places in base. (schwarze@)

  ~ man_term.c                            ~ mdoc_term.c
  ~ term.c                                ~ term.h

  > Remove the terminal frontend flag TERMP_NOLPAD.
  > In columnated contexts (.Bl -column, .Bl -tag, .IP, .TP, .HP etc.), do not
  > pad after writing a column.  Instead, always pad before writing content.
  > In itself, this change avoids:
  > - writing trailing whitespace in some situations
  > - with .fi/.nf in .HP, breaking lines that were already padded
  > It allows several bugfixes included in this patch:
  > - Do not count backspace as a character with positive width.
  > - Set up proper indentation when encountering .fi/.nf in .HP.
  > - Adjust the .HP indentation width to what groff does.
  > - Never unlimit the right margin unless in the final column.
  > This reduces the groff/mandoc-differences in base by nearly 20%,
  > from 89k to 72k lines of diffs.
  > ok kristaps@ (schwarze@)

systat

  ~ iostat.c

  > clean up buffer cache statistics somewhat to
  > remove some now useless statistics, and add some
  > relevant ones regarding kva usage in the cache.
  > make systat io and show bcstats in ddb both show
  > these counters.
  > ok deraadt@ krw@ (beck@)

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ rde.c

  > remove an unused ctl struct and remove some unneeded values from
  > struct ctl_show_rib since bgpctl does not look at them at all. (claudio@)

  ~ mrt.h

  > Make it more clear what are subtypes and some more cleanup of the
  > mrt definitions. (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ smtpd.h