[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-09-26

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Sep 27 07:00:01 BST 2011

share/man                               share/zoneinfo
sys/arch/vax/if                         usr.bin/mandoc
usr.bin/newsyslog                       usr.sbin/bgpctl

== share ============================================================= 01/04 ==

  ~ man7/mdoc.7

  > Replace the .Fl examples by others exhibiting the same features,
  > but avoiding use of .Nm, because letting .Nm call other macros
  > is unusual style, and we don't want unusual style in examples.
  > Issue brought up by kristaps at . (schwarze@)

  ~ man7/man.7

  > note that section macro end literal mode;
  > from kristaps@ (schwarze@)

  ~ man7/man.7                            ~ man7/mdoc.7
  ~ man7/roff.7

  > Reorganize part of the content:
  > 1) Move the LANGUAGE SYNTAX from mdoc(7) and man(7) to roff(7),
  > it's common to both and it's actually roff syntax.
  > 2) Move the MACRO SYNTAX down to the bottom, such that the less
  > technical parts MANUAL STRUCTURE and MACRO OVERVIEW get to the top.
  > Getting everything to again fit together after the reshuffling
  > required various adjustments; also adjust and improve
  > the DESCRIPTIONS while there.
  > feedback and "go ahead"  jmc@ kristaps@ (schwarze@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/asia                         ~ datfiles/europe
  ~ datfiles/northamerica                 ~ datfiles/zone.tab

  > Update to tzdata2011k from elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

arch/vax/if

  ~ sgec.c                                ~ sgecreg.h

  > Notify ifmedia layer of loss of link on SGEC interfaces (which only gets
  > detected upon failure to transmit if it is indeed lost), so that `ifconfig
  > ze0'
  > reports the correct state of the link instead of always pretending it is
  > up. (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 03/04 ==

mandoc

  ~ mandoc.1

  > retain alphabetical order for the -Toutput list, and use a width
  > specifier that makes it look nicer;
  > ok schwarze kristaps (jmc@)

newsyslog

  ~ newsyslog.8

  > use, as far as possible, the same notation for date strings as other
  > manual pages; whilst here, a little clean up for clarity
  > ok millert (jmc@)

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.8