[odc] Daily src changes for 2012-04-06

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Apr 7 07:00:02 BST 2012

Makefile.cross                          bin/systrace
distrib/sets                            etc/MAKEDEV.common
etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.armish/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.aviion/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.beagle/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.beagle/MAKEDEV.md               etc/etc.hp300/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.hppa/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.landisk/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.loongson/MAKEDEV                etc/etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md               etc/etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.palm/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.palm/MAKEDEV.md                 etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.socppc/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.socppc/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md
etc/rc                                  gnu/usr.bin/binutils
lib/libc                                lib/librthread
sbin                                    sbin/disklabel
sbin/init                               sbin/raidctl
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/armish/conf                    sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/landisk/conf
sys/arch/landisk/landisk                sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/sgi/hpc                        sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/socppc/socppc                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/conf                                sys/dev/raidframe
sys/kern                                sys/sys
usr.sbin/kvm_mkdb                       usr.sbin/rarpd
usr.sbin/traceroute6

== Makefile.cross ==================================================== 01/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/Makefile.cross

Makefile.cross

  > Do not try to cross build nginx, since it does not work. (jsing@)

== bin =============================================================== 02/10 ==

systrace

  ~ intercept-translate.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_5_1
  > MFC systrace intercept_translate() problem resulting in problems with
  > systrace and some *at functions, most noticable building ports using gtar
  > under systrace.
  > Date: 2012/03/02 17:23:08
  > Author: matthew
  > Branch: HEAD
  > Tag: (none)
  > Log:
  > Fix handling of 'offend' (OFFset from the END of the arg list)
  > arguments in systrace(1).  In intercept_translate(), argsize is
  > actually the number of *bytes* taken up by the arguments, not the
  > number of arguments.
  > ok ajacoutot, sthen, dcoppa
  > Members:
  > intercept-translate.c:1.14->1.15 (sthen@)

== distrib =========================================================== 03/10 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.loongson
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.palm
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 04/10 ==

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.aviion/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.aviion/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.beagle/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.beagle/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.beagle/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.beagle/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.loongson/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.loongson/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.palm/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.palm/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.palm/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.palm/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.socppc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.socppc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (jsing@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  > Remove raidframe device nodes. (jsing@)

rc

  ~ rc

  > tedu the raidctl.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

== gnu =============================================================== 05/10 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/amd64bsd-nat.c                    ~ gdb/amd64obsd-nat.c
  ~ gdb/config/i386/obsd64.mh             + gdb/obsd-nat.c
  + gdb/obsd-nat.h

  > Minimal threads debug support; enough to make attach and detach work.
  > Only amd64 for now; more architectures will follow. (kettenis@)

== lib =============================================================== 06/10 ==

  ~ gen/getusershell.c

  > range check st_size before calling calloc()
  > ok millert (deraadt@)

librthread

  ~ __tfork_thread.3

  > Fix typo. (jsing@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/10 ==

sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > tedu the raidctl.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c

  > there is no need to cast an unsigned type with (unsigned).
  > ok jsing (deraadt@)

init

  ~ init.c

  > no need to (unsigned) a small constant (deraadt@)

raidctl

  - Makefile                              - raidctl.8
  - raidctl.c                             - rf_configure.c

  > Put raidctl in the attic. (jsing@)

== share ============================================================= 08/10 ==

  ~ man8/man8.alpha/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.armish/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.aviion/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.hp300/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.hppa/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.hppa64/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.i386/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.landisk/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.loongson/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.luna88k/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.mac68k/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.macppc/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.mvme68k/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.mvme88k/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.palm/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sgi/MAKEDEV.8               ~ man8/man8.socppc/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sparc/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.sparc64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.vax/MAKEDEV.8               ~ man8/man8.zaurus/MAKEDEV.8

  > Regen. (jsing@)

  - man4/raid.4                           ~ man4/Makefile
  ~ man4/options.4                        ~ man9/disk.9
  ~ man9/malloc.9

  > Remove raidframe related references. (jsing@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/10 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/armish/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/landisk/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ arcbios.h

  > Rework IP22 RTC year base computation, again. It turns out that different
  > Indy PROM versions use different year bases - after all, using 1970 instead
  > of the previously used value of 1940 smelled like a bug, and probably was,
  > so this eventually got fixed in later PROM versions.
  > Instead of hardcoding a year base depending upon the system, we will now
  > ask
  > ARCBios for its current year, and compare it to what can be read from the
  > RTC
  > registers to figure out what year base is in use by the PROM. (miod@)

  ~ cache.h                               ~ cpu.h
  ~ pmap.h

  > Make the logic for PMAP_PREFER() and the logic, inside pmap, to do the
  > necessary cache coherency work wrt similar virtual indexes of different
  > physical pages, depending upon two distinct global variables, instead of
  > a shared one. R4000/R4400 VCE requires a 32KB mask for PMAP_PREFER, which
  > is otherwise not necessary for pmap coherency (especially since, on these
  > processors, only L1 uses virtual indexes, and the L1 size is not greater
  > than the page size, as we are using 16KB pages). (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cache_loongson2.S                     ~ cache_r10k.S
  ~ cache_r4k.c                           ~ cache_r5k.S
  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ pmap.c

  > Make the logic for PMAP_PREFER() and the logic, inside pmap, to do the
  > necessary cache coherency work wrt similar virtual indexes of different
  > physical pages, depending upon two distinct global variables, instead of
  > a shared one. R4000/R4400 VCE requires a 32KB mask for PMAP_PREFER, which
  > is otherwise not necessary for pmap coherency (especially since, on these
  > processors, only L1 uses virtual indexes, and the L1 size is not greater
  > than the page size, as we are using 16KB pages). (miod@)

arch/sgi/hpc

  ~ dsclock.c

  > Rework IP22 RTC year base computation, again. It turns out that different
  > Indy PROM versions use different year bases - after all, using 1970 instead
  > of the previously used value of 1940 smelled like a bug, and probably was,
  > so this eventually got fixed in later PROM versions.
  > Instead of hardcoding a year base depending upon the system, we will now
  > ask
  > ARCBios for its current year, and compare it to what can be read from the
  > RTC
  > registers to figure out what year base is in use by the PROM. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ machdep.c

  > Get serial console speed from ARCBios earlier; repairs serial console on
  > Octane
  > and O2 (other systems unaffected). (miod@)

  ~ ip22.h                                ~ ip22_machdep.c

  > Rework IP22 RTC year base computation, again. It turns out that different
  > Indy PROM versions use different year bases - after all, using 1970 instead
  > of the previously used value of 1940 smelled like a bug, and probably was,
  > so this eventually got fixed in later PROM versions.
  > Instead of hardcoding a year base depending upon the system, we will now
  > ask
  > ARCBios for its current year, and compare it to what can be read from the
  > RTC
  > registers to figure out what year base is in use by the PROM. (miod@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ conf.c

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

conf

  ~ files

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

dev/raidframe

  - rf_acctrace.c                         - rf_acctrace.h
  - rf_alloclist.c                        - rf_alloclist.h
  - rf_archs.h                            - rf_aselect.c
  - rf_aselect.h                          - rf_callback.c
  - rf_callback.h                         - rf_chaindecluster.c
  - rf_chaindecluster.h                   - rf_configure.h
  - rf_copyback.c                         - rf_copyback.h
  - rf_cvscan.c                           - rf_cvscan.h
  - rf_dag.h                              - rf_dagdegrd.c
  - rf_dagdegrd.h                         - rf_dagdegwr.c
  - rf_dagdegwr.h                         - rf_dagffrd.c
  - rf_dagffrd.h                          - rf_dagffwr.c
  - rf_dagffwr.h                          - rf_dagflags.h
  - rf_dagfuncs.c                         - rf_dagfuncs.h
  - rf_dagutils.c                         - rf_dagutils.h
  - rf_debugMem.c                         - rf_debugMem.h
  - rf_debugprint.c                       - rf_debugprint.h
  - rf_decluster.c                        - rf_decluster.h
  - rf_declusterPQ.c                      - rf_declusterPQ.h
  - rf_desc.h                             - rf_diskqueue.c
  - rf_diskqueue.h                        - rf_disks.c
  - rf_disks.h                            - rf_driver.c
  - rf_driver.h                           - rf_engine.c
  - rf_engine.h                           - rf_etimer.h
  - rf_evenodd.c                          - rf_evenodd.h
  - rf_evenodd_dagfuncs.c                 - rf_evenodd_dagfuncs.h
  - rf_evenodd_dags.c                     - rf_evenodd_dags.h
  - rf_fifo.c                             - rf_fifo.h
  - rf_freelist.h                         - rf_general.h
  - rf_geniq.c                            - rf_hist.h
  - rf_interdecluster.c                   - rf_interdecluster.h
  - rf_invertq.c                          - rf_invertq.h
  - rf_kintf.h                            - rf_layout.c
  - rf_layout.h                           - rf_map.c
  - rf_map.h                              - rf_mcpair.c
  - rf_mcpair.h                           - rf_memchunk.c
  - rf_memchunk.h                         - rf_nwayxor.c
  - rf_nwayxor.h                          - rf_openbsd.h
  - rf_openbsdkintf.c                     - rf_options.c
  - rf_options.h                          - rf_optnames.h
  - rf_paritylog.c                        - rf_paritylog.h
  - rf_paritylogDiskMgr.c                 - rf_paritylogDiskMgr.h
  - rf_paritylogging.c                    - rf_paritylogging.h
  - rf_parityloggingdags.c                - rf_parityloggingdags.h
  - rf_parityscan.c                       - rf_parityscan.h
  - rf_pq.c                               - rf_pq.h
  - rf_pqdeg.c                            - rf_pqdeg.h
  - rf_pqdegdags.c                        - rf_pqdegdags.h
  - rf_psstatus.c                         - rf_psstatus.h
  - rf_raid.h                             - rf_raid0.c
  - rf_raid0.h                            - rf_raid1.c
  - rf_raid1.h                            - rf_raid4.c
  - rf_raid4.h                            - rf_raid5.c
  - rf_raid5.h                            - rf_raid5_rotatedspare.c
  - rf_raid5_rotatedspare.h               - rf_raidframe.h
  - rf_reconbuffer.c                      - rf_reconbuffer.h
  - rf_reconmap.c                         - rf_reconmap.h
  - rf_reconstruct.c                      - rf_reconstruct.h
  - rf_reconutil.c                        - rf_reconutil.h
  - rf_revent.c                           - rf_revent.h
  - rf_shutdown.c                         - rf_shutdown.h
  - rf_sstf.c                             - rf_sstf.h
  - rf_states.c                           - rf_states.h
  - rf_stripelocks.c                      - rf_stripelocks.h
  - rf_strutils.c                         - rf_threadstuff.c
  - rf_threadstuff.h                      - rf_types.h
  - rf_utils.c                            - rf_utils.h

  > Put raidframe in the attic. (jsing@)

kern

  ~ kern_exit.c

  > ruadd() does the summing of system and user times, so doing so again
  > results in bogus total times, as reported by numerous ports people.
  > ok miod@ (guenther@)

  ~ sys_process.c

  > Implement PT_GET_THREAD_FIRS and PT_GET_THREAD_NEXT.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

sys

  ~ disklabel.h                           ~ malloc.h

  > tedu the raidframe.
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

kvm_mkdb

  ~ nlist.c