[odc] Daily src changes for 2012-04-21

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Apr 22 07:00:01 BST 2012

bin/ps                                  distrib/miniroot
share/man                               sys/arch/loongson/include
sys/arch/loongson/loongson              sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/octeon/include
sys/arch/octeon/octeon                  sys/arch/sgi/include
sys/arch/sgi/localbus                   sys/arch/sgi/sgi
usr.bin/make                            usr.bin/pkill
usr.bin/top                             usr.sbin/smtpd

== bin =============================================================== 01/06 ==

ps

  ~ ps.c

  > Remove a check made superfluous by the KERN_PROC_SHOW_THREADS flag.
  > This lets new binaries work (at least w/o the -H option) with old kernels.
  > ok pirofti@ deraadt@ (guenther@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/06 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub                           ~ upgrade.sh

  > remove the "Do you want to do any manual network configuration?" question.
  > there is barely ever a need to do so these days, I for one don't remember
  > ever using it, and we have a well documented way of escaping to a shell at
  > any point in the install process, which the installer conveniently points
  > out right at the beginning.
  > stumbled upon while reviewing the upcoming 2nd edition of Michael Lucas'
  > "Absolute OpenBSD"
  > ok sthen deraadt halex krw (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man1/gcc-local.1

  > Don't mention gcc 3 anymore. (miod@)

arch/loongson/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

arch/loongson/loongson

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ cache.h

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

  ~ mips_opcode.h

  > Correct a wrong comment. (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cache_loongson2.S                     ~ cache_octeon.c
  ~ cache_r10k.S                          ~ cache_r4k.c
  ~ cache_r5k.S                           ~ db_machdep.c
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ sys_machdep.c

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

arch/octeon/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

arch/octeon/octeon

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ autoconf.h                            ~ cpu.h

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

arch/sgi/localbus

  ~ crimebus.h

  > Remove long dead prototypes. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Rework the signature of the cache handling routines again. It makes more
  > sense
  > to pass both the virtual and physical addresses of the page to clean to
  > SyncDCachePage, which is the only routine using `Index' operations on the
  > data
  > cache, which might be virtually indexed at some levels but physically
  > indexed
  > at others. On the other hand, it does not make any sense to pass a physical
  > address to routines using `Hit' operations (and they were discarding them
  > anyway).
  > In addition to making things cleaner, this fixes sporadic userland
  > misbehaviour
  > (read: SIGSGEV) on RM7000 O2 systems. (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Round the reserved memory size up when printing it in MB units (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Fix math in previous. Oops. (miod@)

make

  ~ make.c                                ~ suff.c

  > When a new parent is attached to an already examined child (prerequisite),
  > use the same logic to update the parent (factored out as SuffLinkParent())
  > as is used for updating the original parent.  Fixes the "make -j2" problem
  > reported by tedu@ at c2k11
  > ok espie@ (guenther@)

pkill

  ~ pkill.c

  > Remove a check made superfluous by the KERN_PROC_SHOW_THREADS flag.
  > This lets new binaries work (at least w/o the -H option) with old kernels.
  > ok pirofti@ deraadt@ (guenther@)

top

  ~ machine.c

  > Remove a check made superfluous by the KERN_PROC_SHOW_THREADS flag.
  > This lets new binaries work (at least w/o the -H option) with old kernels.
  > ok pirofti@ deraadt@ (guenther@)

smtpd

  ~ aliases.c