[odc] Daily src changes for 2012-04-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Apr 25 07:00:02 BST 2012

distrib/notes                           lib/libc
sbin/iked                               sbin/ipsecctl
share/man                               sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/sgi/gio
sys/kern                                usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/dvmrpd                         usr.sbin/hostapd
usr.sbin/ifstated                       usr.sbin/ldapd
usr.sbin/ldpd                           usr.sbin/ospf6d
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/relayd
usr.sbin/ripd                           usr.sbin/smtpd
usr.sbin/snmpd                          usr.sbin/ypldap

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ sgi/hardware

  > Fix a few inaccuracies (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ sys/accept.2

  > document address truncation; from Steffen Daode Nurpmeso
  > ok deraadt matthew millert (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

iked

  ~ iked.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsec.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/mips64/include

  ~ pte.h

  > Introduce a #define for the number of PFN bits in a pte, to be used in the
  > .S code when masking the upper bits, instead of hardcoding them. Makes code
  > easier to understand (and also I might have a need to reduce PFN width on
  > some particular CPU models in the future).
  > No change in generated code. (miod@)

  ~ pte.h

  > Add support for wired mappings, using the last unused bit in the PTE.
  > (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ context.S                             ~ tlbhandler.S

  > Introduce a #define for the number of PFN bits in a pte, to be used in the
  > .S code when masking the upper bits, instead of hardcoding them. Makes code
  > easier to understand (and also I might have a need to reduce PFN width on
  > some particular CPU models in the future).
  > No change in generated code. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Add support for wired mappings, using the last unused bit in the PTE.
  > (miod@)

  ~ cache_r5k.S

  > Harvest some low-hanging fruit in thu R5k/RM7k cache routines:
  > - replace masking with large `power of two minus one' constants with a pair
  > of
  > shifts, this is shorter code and does not require the at register.
  > - merge R5000 and RM52xx setup, as the configuration register layout is the
  > same
  > on both processors.
  > - In Mips5k_IOSyncDCache(), delay building the call frame until we know we
  > will not perform a leaf call. Replace leaf calls with jumps to the
  > appropriate routines.
  > Tested on R5000, RM5271 and RM7000. (miod@)

arch/sgi/gio

  ~ gio.c                                 ~ giovar.h
  ~ grtwo.c                               ~ impact_gio.c
  ~ light.c                               ~ newport.c

  > Pour even more smarts into the GIO device identification code, to the point
  > that it can now tell ID-less framebuffers apart correctly. Therefore, we
  > can
  > use direct configuration instead of ugly games. Frame buffer drivers match
  > routines now only need to check for the fake ID they receive.
  > Tested on various newport and grtwo setups (including multihead
  > configurations) (miod@)

  ~ newport.c

  > Minor tweaks:
  > - correctly gather version information. When reading device registers is a
  > two
  > step process (write address, read data), it is a very bad idea to call a
  > wrapper around these two operations (to read register B) between the two
  > operations inline (to read register A). Unless you want to know the version
  > information for your garbage latches, that is. Now Indy 8-bit devices
  > no longer get reported as 24-bit devices, and Indy 24-bit devices no longer
  > get reported as 8-bit devices. (not that it mattered much anyway)
  > - define and use symbolic constants when parsing the video mode settings to
  > figure out the display resolution. This code still itches, but much less
  > now. (miod@)

kern

  ~ uipc_socket.c

  > In sosend() for AF_UNIX control message sending, correctly calculate
  > the size (internalized ones can be larger on some architectures) for
  > fitting into the socket.  Avoid getting confused by sb_hiwat as well.
  > This fixes a variety of issues where sendmsg() would fail to deliver
  > a fd set or fail to wait; even leading to file leakage.
  > Worked on this with claudio for about a week... (deraadt@)

  ~ bgpd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

dvmrpd

  ~ dvmrpd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

hostapd

  ~ hostapd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ifstated

  ~ ifstated.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ldapd

  ~ ldapd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ldpd

  ~ ldpd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ospf6d

  ~ ospf6d.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ospfd

  ~ ospfd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

relayd

  ~ relayd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ripd

  ~ ripd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

smtpd

  ~ smtpd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

snmpd

  ~ snmpd.conf.5

  > take a stab at documenting when arguments need quoted, and valid macro
  > characters;
  > prompted by a diff from robert peichaer org
  > thanks gilles and henning for feedback
  > ok deraadt zinke (jmc@)

ypldap

  ~ ypldap.conf.5