[odc] Daily src changes for 2012-03-01

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Mar 2 07:00:01 GMT 2012

distrib/notes                           etc/etc.luna88k/Makefile.inc
gnu                                     gnu/usr.bin/gcc
lib/libc                                share/man
share/zoneinfo                          sys/arch/luna88k/conf
sys/arch/zaurus/dev                     sys/dev/usb
usr.bin/pkill                           usr.bin/telnet
usr.bin/tftp                            usr.bin/units

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ hppa/hardware

  > remove c230, while we have a model number in cpudevs it was apparently
  > never released
  > confirmed by Paul Weissmann of openpa.net (jsg@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/07 ==

etc.luna88k/Makefile.inc

  ~ etc.luna88k/Makefile.inc

  > Add luna88k GENERIC.MP configuration file, based on mvme88k.
  > ok miod@ (aoyama@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/07 ==

gnu

  ~ gcc/gcc/c-format.c

  > Sync gcc3 and gcc4 knowledge of the kernel printf capabilities with
  > reality:
  > kprintf supports %z, doesn't support old ddb %n/%r%z anymore, and check of
  > %b arguments have to occur on the next argument, like, duh.
  > These changes will eventually allow for kernel to be compiled without
  > -Wno-format, but some more casts or type changes are necessary, first.
  > Discussed about six months ago at s2k11, time to put this in, so that I
  > have no excuse not to work on the format fixes diffs. (miod@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/c-format.c

  > Sync gcc3 and gcc4 knowledge of the kernel printf capabilities with
  > reality:
  > kprintf supports %z, doesn't support old ddb %n/%r%z anymore, and check of
  > %b arguments have to occur on the next argument, like, duh.
  > These changes will eventually allow for kernel to be compiled without
  > -Wno-format, but some more casts or type changes are necessary, first.
  > Discussed about six months ago at s2k11, time to put this in, so that I
  > have no excuse not to work on the format fixes diffs. (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/07 ==

  ~ time/README                           ~ time/strftime.3
  ~ time/tz-art.htm                       ~ time/tz-link.htm

  > Update to tzcode2012a from munnari.oz.au (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 05/07 ==

  ~ man8/afterboot.8

  > Add sentence about ntpd. ok jmc@ (lum@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/antarctica                   ~ datfiles/asia
  ~ datfiles/australasia                  ~ datfiles/europe
  ~ datfiles/leapseconds                  ~ datfiles/northamerica
  ~ datfiles/southamerica                 ~ datfiles/zone.tab

  > Update to tzdata2012a from munnari.oz.au (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/07 ==

arch/luna88k/conf

  + GENERIC.MP

  > Add luna88k GENERIC.MP configuration file, based on mvme88k.
  > ok miod@ (aoyama@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_audio.c

  > zaudio is play only, so return ENXIO on any attempt to open the device
  > for recording. Fixes full-duplex apps (including sndiod) unable to fall
  > back to play-only mode. Found by david@ (ratchov@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > ASIX AX88772B (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ if_axereg.h                           ~ if_axe.c

  > add support for AX88772B
  > tweaked version of a diff from jcs@ (jsg@)

  ~ uaudio.c

  > use UE_GET_ADDR to get endpoint address (remove direction bit). Fixes
  > devices using sych endpoints. From Gregor Pintar <grpintar at gmail.com>
  > Thanks! (ratchov@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/07 ==

pkill

  ~ pkill.c

  > Remove unused variable. Added in 1.20 by me. (lum@)

telnet

  ~ telnet.1

  > Add ssh(1) to SEE ALSO.
  > ok jmc@ (lum@)

tftp

  ~ tftp.1

  > -This option devlivers the retransmission timeout,
  > +This option delivers the retransmission timeout, (dlg@)

units

  ~ units.lib