[odc] Daily src changes for 2012-03-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Mar 4 07:00:01 GMT 2012

distrib/sets                            lib/libpthread
lib/librthread                          regress/lib
sys/arch/loongson/dev                   sys/dev/pci
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/tmux
usr.bin/yacc

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/05 ==

libpthread

  ~ include/semaphore.h

  > Add sem_timewait() and fix sem_wait()'s handling of signals, so
  > that it resumes waiting unless the thread was canceled.  As part
  > of this, change the internal _sem_wait() function to return zero
  > on success and an errno value on failure instead of 1 on success
  > and zero on failure. (guenther@)

  ~ man/Makefile.inc                      ~ man/sem_wait.3

  > Document sem_timedwait() (guenther@)

librthread

  ~ rthread.c                             ~ rthread.h
  ~ rthread_sem.c

  > Add sem_timewait() and fix sem_wait()'s handling of signals, so
  > that it resumes waiting unless the thread was canceled.  As part
  > of this, change the internal _sem_wait() function to return zero
  > on success and an errno value on failure instead of 1 on success
  > and zero on failure. (guenther@)

  ~ rthread_sem.c

  > sem_timedwait() should return ETIMEDOUT instead of EWOULDBLOCK on timeout
  > (guenther@)

  ~ shlib_version

  > Bump minor for recent additions (guenther@)

  ~ arch/hppa/_atomic_lock.c

  > Sync the assembly statements with <machine/lock.h> for consistency. (miod@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/05 ==

lib

  ~ libpthread/semaphore/sem_getvalue/sem_getvalue.c
  ~ libpthread/semaphore/sem_trywait/sem_trywait.c
  ~ libpthread/semaphore/sem_wait/sem_wait.c

  > While we guarantee that a zero-filled sem_t variable will trigger
  > EINVAL errors, a sem_t on the stack may have garbage, so make the
  > tests portable by moving the sem_t from function to file scope.
  > problem found by miod@ (guenther@)

  ~ libpthread/semaphore/sem_wait/sem_wait.c

  > Verify that sem_wait() doesn't return zero without decrementing the
  > semaphore when a signal is received.  It should either resume waiting
  > or return EINTR, preferrably the former. (guenther@)

  ~ libpthread/semaphore/Makefile
  + libpthread/semaphore/sem_timedwait/Makefile
  + libpthread/semaphore/sem_timedwait/sem_timedwait.c

  > Add tests for sem_timedwait() (guenther@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/loongson/dev

  ~ glx.c

  > Fix the logic deciding whether to return PCI_COMMAND_MASTER_ENABLE in the
  > emulated pci functions #2 and #3; from NetBSD (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ yds.c

  > Don't print the device name again in attach error messages occuring before
  > a newline ever gets printed. Found the hard way with a device dying on me.
  > (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

rcs

  ~ rcs.c

  > Remove unused variable, from Michael W Bombardieri who also got an ok
  > from tobias at . (nicm@)

tmux

  ~ cmd-join-pane.c                       ~ cmd-split-window.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ layout.c
  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.h

  > Add move-pane command (like join-pane but allows the same window). Also
  > -b flag to join-pane and move-pane to place the pane to the left or
  > above. From George Nachman. (nicm@)

  ~ status.c                              ~ tmux.h

  > The wlmouse offset should be part of the client, not the server. From
  > Ailin Nemui. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-paste-buffer.c                    ~ input.c
  ~ screen-write.c                        ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ tty.c

  > Support "bracketed paste" mode. This adds a -p flag to paste-buffer - if
  > this is used and the application has requested bracketed pastes, then
  > tmux surrounds the pasted text by \033[200~ and \033[201~. Applications
  > like vim can (apparently) use this to avoid, for example, indenting the
  > text. From Ailin Nemui. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-display-message.c

  > Terminate strftime buffer properly and free format string, whoops. From
  > Tiago Cunha. (nicm@)

yacc

  ~ lalr.c                                ~ lr0.c
  ~ mkpar.c                               ~ output.c
  ~ symtab.c