[owc] Weekly src changes ending 2007-04-29

OWC auto at squish.net
Mon Apr 30 08:00:21 BST 2007

OpenBSD src changes summary for 2007-04-22 to 2007-04-29 inclusive

bin/ls                                  distrib/amd64
distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
etc/etc.amd64/disktab                   etc/etc.landisk/sysctl.conf
etc/mtree/4.4BSD.dist                   etc/rc
etc/rpc                                 lib/libpthread
libexec/spamd                           regress/sys
sbin/bioctl                             sbin/disklabel
sbin/fdisk                              sbin/fsck_ffs
sbin/growfs                             sbin/isakmpd
sbin/newfs                              sbin/scsi
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/amd64/isa                      sys/arch/amd64/stand/boot
sys/arch/amd64/stand/cdboot             sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa
sys/arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot            sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/i386/isa                       sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/i386/stand/boot                sys/arch/i386/stand/cdboot
sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa               sys/arch/i386/stand/pxeboot
sys/arch/landisk/dev                    sys/arch/landisk/include
sys/arch/landisk/landisk                sys/arch/mac68k/dev
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/macppc/dev
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc
sys/arch/sgi/dev                        sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/sh/include                     sys/arch/sh/sh
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/include
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/dev
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/ata
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/raidframe
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/netinet6
sys/nfs                                 sys/scsi
sys/stand                               sys/sys
sys/ufs/ffs                             sys/uvm
usr.bin/calendar                        usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/join                            usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/sdiff
usr.bin/sendbug                         usr.bin/skey
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/systat
usr.bin/xlint                           usr.sbin/apmd
usr.sbin/bgpctl                         usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/procmap
usr.sbin/ripd

== bin =============================================================== 01/11 ==

ls

  ~ util.c

  > the non existent -W option is removed from the usage()
  > ok by jmc@ (sobrado@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/11 ==

amd64

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > grow ramdisk mr.fs size, it is needed (deraadt@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Add capacity to specify one ntp 'server' (not 'servers') during install.
  > Suggested by deraadt@, nifty sed nit from ray at .  > ok deraadt@ beck@ mbalmer@ (krw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Use 'ifconfig' and not 'ifconfig -a' as the -a is now the default. (krw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > caps for NTP server; from jdixon (deraadt@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/11 ==

etc.amd64/disktab

  ~ etc.amd64/disktab

  > grow ramdisk mr.fs size, it is needed (deraadt@)

etc.landisk/sysctl.conf

  ~ etc.landisk/sysctl.conf

  > machdep.led_blink sysctl for landisk, also move cpu_sysctl() code and
  > related
  > variables from arch/sh/ to arch/landisk/. ok deraadt@ (miod@)

mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  ~ mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  > - add /usr/xobj to the file hierarchy
  > "why not" mblamer@, ok krw@ todd@ (ajacoutot@)

rc

  ~ rc

  > shutdown existing carp interfaces based on ifconfig output, not static
  > /etc/*.if files.
  > okay reyk@, deraadt@, krw at ...spie@)

rpc

  ~ rpc

  > add sgi_fam as a well-know rpc protocol
  > okay deraadt@ (espie@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/11 ==

libpthread

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h

  > remove unused var. okay marc@ (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h             ~ uthread/uthread_fd.c

  > Remove unused function _thread_fd_unlock_owned() and
  > merge _thread_fd_unlock_thread() into _thread_fd_unlock(). okay marc@
  > (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h             ~ uthread/uthread_close.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_closefrom.c           ~ uthread/uthread_dup2.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_execve.c              ~ uthread/uthread_exit.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_fd.c                  ~ uthread/uthread_fork.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_info_openbsd.c        ~ uthread/uthread_init.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_kern.c                ~ uthread/uthread_poll.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_select.c              ~ uthread/uthread_sig.c

  > Use rlimit nofiles max to size fd/fdp tables instead of cur. Fixes
  > applications that increase nofiles using setrlimit(2). ok marc@ (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h             ~ uthread/uthread_cancel.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_cond.c                ~ uthread/uthread_mutex.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_suspend_np.c

  > fix thread_continuation_t typedef and use passed curthread instead of
  > calling _get_curthread() again. fixes some lint warnings. okay marc@
  > (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/uthread_cancel.c

  > fix minor nit with previous commit (kurt@)

  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h

  > more lint warning reductions. use int for all priority vars. okay marc@
  > (kurt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/11 ==

spamd

  ~ sync.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > sync the syncer to the latest syncer.
  > r1.2 Fix dribbly HMAC leak. patch by beck@, ok reyk@
  > r1.3 rename h_name to sh_name to avoid memory corruption. patch by otto@,
  > ok reyk@ (ckuethe@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/11 ==

  ~ dev/audio/autest.1                    ~ dev/audio/autest.c

  > - add ability to specify a tone to be played (defaults to 440hz)
  > - stop using atoi ... use strtod/strtol
  > - fixing timing stuff for alaw/8 (jason@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.8                              ~ bioctl.c

  > remove -D stuff which is just silly, imagine if ls had a debug mode; ok
  > marco (deraadt@)

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c

  > Copy sendbug's editit() to disklabel.
  > OK krw at .ay@)

  ~ disklabel.8                           ~ disklabel.c
  ~ editor.c

  > Eliminate CPU_BIOS from userland and wd(4) by always using the BIOS
  > geometry in the disklabel when there is a BIOS geometry to provide.
  > This removes the option to set a disklabel to 'BIOS' geometry via the
  > 'g b' command in the editor.
  > Makes reported geometry more consistant and moves MD code to MD land
  > where it should be.
  > Doc help from jmc@, Feedback from millert@, marco@, weingart@,
  > kettenis at .  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > includes that are not needed anymore (deraadt@)

  ~ editor.c

  > fix rounding in the modify case; ok millert@ miod@ (otto@)

fdisk

  ~ disk.c                                ~ disk.h

  > Eliminate CPU_BIOS from userland and wd(4) by always using the BIOS
  > geometry in the disklabel when there is a BIOS geometry to provide.
  > This removes the option to set a disklabel to 'BIOS' geometry via the
  > 'g b' command in the editor.
  > Makes reported geometry more consistant and moves MD code to MD land
  > where it should be.
  > Doc help from jmc@, Feedback from millert@, marco@, weingart@,
  > kettenis at .  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ fdisk.c

  > lint says: fdisk.c:160: warning: operator '==' found where '=' was expected
  > yet gcc happily ate it... see, lint is useful (deraadt@)

  ~ disk.c

  > Remove unneeded #include's, as already done for disklabel. CPU_BIOS
  > fallout. (krw@)

fsck_ffs

  ~ pass5.c

  > Remove 'cg_space' from 'struct cg'. Due to the alignment on 64-bit
  > architectures, CGSIZE() was returning something sligthly over one block.
  > The 'new' fsck would round this value up to a fragment boundary, and end
  > up trying to access memory beyond allocated space. From mickey@, okay
  > pedro@, millert@ and otto at .edro@)

growfs

  ~ growfs.c

  > Remove 'cg_space' from 'struct cg'. Due to the alignment on 64-bit
  > architectures, CGSIZE() was returning something sligthly over one block.
  > The 'new' fsck would round this value up to a fragment boundary, and end
  > up trying to access memory beyond allocated space. From mickey@, okay
  > pedro@, millert@ and otto at .edro@)

isakmpd

  ~ ike_phase_1.c

  > Use conf_free_list() after calling conf_get_list().
  > Otherwise we leak memory.
  > ok ho@ (moritz@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Free allocated node in conf_set_now() before failing,
  > so we do not leak memory.
  > ok hshoexer@ (moritz@)

newfs

  ~ mkfs.c

  > Remove 'cg_space' from 'struct cg'. Due to the alignment on 64-bit
  > architectures, CGSIZE() was returning something sligthly over one block.
  > The 'new' fsck would round this value up to a fragment boundary, and end
  > up trying to access memory beyond allocated space. From mickey@, okay
  > pedro@, millert@ and otto at .edro@)

scsi

  ~ scsi.c

  > Copy sendbug's editit().
  > OK deraadt at .ay@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man5/printcap.5

  > repair a sentence that didn't make sense; ok jmc@ (stevesk@)

  - man4/man4.macppc/blinkenlights.4      ~ man4/man4.macppc/Makefile
  ~ man4/man4.macppc/macobio.4            + man4/man4.macppc/xlights.4

  > rename a very long driver name to something shorter, and more clear
  > and while there, fix the interrupt name for vmstat -iz; ok gwk (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/Makefile             ~ man4/man4.macppc/macobio.4
  + man4/man4.macppc/sysbutton.4

  > Add sysbutton manpage, alphabetize xlights. A macgpio manpage is still
  > needed. (gwk@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/sysbutton.4

  > typos
  > consle->console
  > macobio->macgpio (gwk@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/sysbutton.4          ~ man4/man4.macppc/macobio.4
  + man4/man4.macppc/macgpio.4

  > Add prototype macgpio(4) manpage mention sysbutton(4) on it, and
  > reference it from macobio(4). (gwk@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/Makefile

  > Forgot the Makefile. (gwk@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/macgpio.4

  > macgpio can also attach to itself fix the synopsis. (gwk@)

  ~ man8/release.8

  > - add /usr/xobj to the file hierarchy
  > "why not" mblamer@, ok krw@ todd@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/sysbutton.4

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/macgpio.4

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/macobio.4

  > sync Nd for macgpio; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/xlights.4

  > driver was renamed to xlights, not blights; (jmc@)

  - man4/man4.macppc/ki2c.4               - man4/man4.macppc/pi2c.4
  ~ man4/man4.macppc/Makefile             ~ man4/man4.macppc/adb.4
  ~ man4/man4.macppc/macobio.4            + man4/man4.macppc/kiic.4
  + man4/man4.macppc/piic.4

  > rename drivers with numbers in them; ok gwk drahn (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/iic.4

  > more ki2c/pi2c -> kiic/piic; spotted by jmc (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/bge.4

  > the Broadcom BCM5751M Gigabit Ethernet device found on the
  > IBM ThinkPad T43 and T43p is supported by the bge(4) driver
  > ok by jmc@ (sobrado@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/sysbutton.4

  > BUGS have been resolved. (gwk@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/fcu.4

  > missing "macppc" from the .Dt line; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/Makefile               + man4/man4.i386/piixpcib.4

  > Add a setperf mechanism for ich speedstep controlled by SMI on certain
  > parings of the Intel Pentium 3 and the ich southbridges. Written by
  > Stefan Sperling <stsp AT tsp DOT in-berlin DOT de> based on a driver in
  > NetBSD and sys/arch/i386/pci/ichpcib.c.
  > Tested my mpf@ among others,
  > ok tedu (gwk@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/piixpcib.4

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pci.4                            ~ man4/isa.4

  > piixpcib bits; ok gwk (jmc@)

  ~ man9/Makefile                         + man9/atomic.9

  > Document atomic_{set,clear}bits_int. (art@)

  ~ man9/atomic.9

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pci.4                            ~ man4/viapm.4

  > Match on VT8237A/VT8251/CX700 like the equivalent Linux driver does.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsg@)

  ~ man4/iic.4

  > Sync the viapm .Nd here as well.
  > Pointed out by jmc@ (jsg@)

  ~ man4/piixpm.4

  > Match on ATI IXP/SB600 as well.
  > Seen in a dmesg from alemao <skanabiz at gmail.com  > ok grange@ (jsg@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ clock.c                               ~ machdep.c

  > Switch alpha to timecounters.
  > We use rpcc for the clock. We don't try to get the frequency from the
  > hwrpb, since from experience we know that it's very unreliable and
  > can be several % off from the real frequency. Instead we calibrate
  > the timecounter frequency by using the clock device and count the
  > number of cycles between two second ticks of the clocks.
  > This is not perfect, but still much better than what we had before.
  > We'll have to add an i8254 clock for MP though.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ clock.c

  > Set the time even when the clock chip is bad.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ clock.c

  > Yet another case that forgot to set the time.
  > pointed out by and ok miod@ (art@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ _types.h

  > Switch alpha to timecounters.
  > We use rpcc for the clock. We don't try to get the frequency from the
  > hwrpb, since from experience we know that it's very unreliable and
  > can be several % off from the real frequency. Instead we calibrate
  > the timecounter frequency by using the clock device and count the
  > number of cycles between two second ticks of the clocks.
  > This is not perfect, but still much better than what we had before.
  > We'll have to add an i8254 clock for MP though.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ powernow-k8.c

  > Same change as i386, use the number of states to calculate performance
  > levels.
  > ok canacar (gwk@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Eliminate CPU_BIOS from userland and wd(4) by always using the BIOS
  > geometry in the disklabel when there is a BIOS geometry to provide.
  > This removes the option to set a disklabel to 'BIOS' geometry via the
  > 'g b' command in the editor.
  > Makes reported geometry more consistant and moves MD code to MD land
  > where it should be.
  > Doc help from jmc@, Feedback from millert@, marco@, weingart@,
  > kettenis at .  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > grow ramdisk mr.fs size, it is needed (deraadt@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable tht so it is more available for testing. (dlg@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ specialreg.h

  > remove duplicate defines.
  > found by lint, ok deraadt@ (dlg@)

arch/amd64/isa

  ~ isa_machdep.c

  > Remove a duplicate copyright statement. (jsg@)

arch/amd64/stand/boot

  ~ boot.8                                ~ conf.c

  > clone "Control key" logic from i386 written by tom; tested by art
  > (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/cdboot

  ~ cdboot.8                              ~ conf.c

  > clone "Control key" logic from i386 written by tom; tested by art
  > (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ bioscons.c                            ~ biosdev.h
  ~ libsa.h                               ~ machdep.c

  > clone "Control key" logic from i386 written by tom; tested by art
  > (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ pxeboot.8

  > clone "Control key" logic from i386 written by tom; tested by art
  > (deraadt@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ syscall.c

  > Enable interrupts during syscall processing. Need to verify if the
  > test actually has any value. ok miod@ (drahn@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ atomic.h                              ~ intr.h

  > Proper atomic_{set,clear}bits_{int,long} implementation, and use it for
  > softintr(); ok mickey@ (miod@)

  > enable tht so it is more available for testing. (dlg@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.i386

  > Add a setperf mechanism for ich speedstep controlled by SMI on certain
  > parings of the Intel Pentium 3 and the ich southbridges. Written by
  > Stefan Sperling <stsp AT tsp DOT in-berlin DOT de> based on a driver in
  > NetBSD and sys/arch/i386/pci/ichpcib.c.
  > Tested my mpf@ among others,
  > ok tedu (gwk@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ cpu.c

  > Use the physical address we have stored for the page directory rather
  > than calculating it with vtophys().
  > From mickey's original PAE work of a year ago
  > Tested by myself and nick@; ok art@ (tom@)

  ~ mpbios.c

  > apic_address should be 32 bits, rather than paddr_t; prepares us for
  > paddr_t changing from 32 bits.
  > From mickey's original PAE work of a year ago
  > Tested by myself and nick@; ok art@ (tom@)

  ~ est.c                                 ~ powernow-k8.c
  ~ powernow-k7.c

  > Choose the state for a request performance level based on calculations
  > involving the number of states and not the frequencies of the states,
  > which can lead to strange distributions of the states over the hw.setperf
  > range (0-100). Tested by many.
  > ok canacar, tedu (gwk@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Switch i386 pmap to VM_PAGE_MD. We store the MOD/REF flags in
  > pg_flags, so we actually shave quite a few bytes from the memory
  > we eat at boot. (a machine with 1GB memory saves 256k).
  > deraadt@, pedro@, krw@ ok. Lots of testing. (art@)

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Eliminate CPU_BIOS from userland and wd(4) by always using the BIOS
  > geometry in the disklabel when there is a BIOS geometry to provide.
  > This removes the option to set a disklabel to 'BIOS' geometry via the
  > 'g b' command in the editor.
  > Makes reported geometry more consistant and moves MD code to MD land
  > where it should be.
  > Doc help from jmc@, Feedback from millert@, marco@, weingart@,
  > kettenis at .  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Fix pmap_extract to not return TRUE just because we have a PTP. Make sure
  > that the PTP and the PTE are valid before returning success.
  > deraadt@ ok, tested by many. (art@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ apicvar.h

  > apic_address should be 32 bits, rather than paddr_t; prepares us for
  > paddr_t changing from 32 bits.
  > From mickey's original PAE work of a year ago
  > Tested by myself and nick@; ok art@ (tom@)

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ vmparam.h

  > Switch i386 pmap to VM_PAGE_MD. We store the MOD/REF flags in
  > pg_flags, so we actually shave quite a few bytes from the memory
  > we eat at boot. (a machine with 1GB memory saves 256k).
  > deraadt@, pedro@, krw@ ok. Lots of testing. (art@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ isa_machdep.c

  > Remove a duplicate copyright statement. (jsg@)

arch/i386/pci

  + piixpcib.c

  > Add a setperf mechanism for ich speedstep controlled by SMI on certain
  > parings of the Intel Pentium 3 and the ich southbridges. Written by
  > Stefan Sperling <stsp AT tsp DOT in-berlin DOT de> based on a driver in
  > NetBSD and sys/arch/i386/pci/ichpcib.c.
  > Tested my mpf@ among others,
  > ok tedu (gwk@)

arch/i386/stand/boot

  ~ boot.8                                ~ conf.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/i386/stand/cdboot

  ~ cdboot.8                              ~ conf.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ bioscons.c                            ~ biosdev.h
  ~ libsa.h                               ~ machdep.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/i386/stand/pxeboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ pxeboot.8

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

arch/landisk/dev

  ~ power.c

  > ack the power switch interrupt even if machdep.kbdreset is not set
  > from Matthew R. Dempsky (martin@)

arch/landisk/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > machdep.led_blink sysctl for landisk, also move cpu_sysctl() code and
  > related
  > variables from arch/sh/ to arch/landisk/. ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ landiskreg.h                          ~ machdep.c

  > machdep.led_blink sysctl for landisk, also move cpu_sysctl() code and
  > related
  > variables from arch/sh/ to arch/landisk/. ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Blink 8x slower, so that this fits better with Kraftwerk's ``Elektro
  > Kardiogramm'' in the background. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ ncr5380.c

  > It's never too late to write "too late" correctly. (miod@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.macppc

  > rename a very long driver name to something shorter, and more clear
  > and while there, fix the interrupt name for vmstat -iz; ok gwk (deraadt@)

  ~ files.macppc                          ~ GENERIC

  > Add sysbutton a driver for the 'System identifier' button found on the
  > fornt panel of the xserve (the button with the triangle on it). This driver
  > will dump you into ddb at the press of a button if the ddb.console sysctl
  > is set. The bug still has one unresolved issue if ddb.console is not set
  > and you press and hold the button you will cause a interrupt storm that
  > will
  > slow the system down. So if you keep your xserve near a toddler or you
  > yourself are a toddler you might want to consider disabling this device
  > remember buttons arn't toys.
  > ok deraadt. (gwk@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.macppc

  > rename drivers with numbers in them; ok gwk drahn (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/dev

  - blinkenlights.c                       + xlights.c

  > rename a very long driver name to something shorter, and more clear
  > and while there, fix the interrupt name for vmstat -iz; ok gwk (deraadt@)

  + sysbutton.c

  > Add sysbutton a driver for the 'System identifier' button found on the
  > fornt panel of the xserve (the button with the triangle on it). This driver
  > will dump you into ddb at the press of a button if the ddb.console sysctl
  > is set. The bug still has one unresolved issue if ddb.console is not set
  > and you press and hold the button you will cause a interrupt storm that
  > will
  > slow the system down. So if you keep your xserve near a toddler or you
  > yourself are a toddler you might want to consider disabling this device
  > remember buttons arn't toys.
  > ok deraadt. (gwk@)

  ~ adb.c                                 ~ awacs.c
  ~ esp.c                                 ~ i2s.c
  ~ if_bm.c                               ~ if_mc.c
  ~ macgpio.c                             ~ mesh.c
  ~ openpic.c                             ~ smu.c

  > better interrupt names for vmstat -iz; ok miod gwk (deraadt@)

  ~ sysbutton.c

  > iqg -> irq
  > spotted by miod (gwk@)

  - ki2c.c                                - ki2cvar.h
  - pi2c.c                                ~ adb.c
  ~ daca.c                                ~ onyx.c
  ~ snapper.c                             ~ tumbler.c
  + kiic.c                                + kiicvar.h
  + piic.c

  > rename drivers with numbers in them; ok gwk drahn (deraadt@)

  ~ sysbutton.c

  > Firmware lies! Switching from LEVEL to EDGE triggered interrupt prevents
  > storms.
  > ok kettenis (gwk@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ exception.h

  > exeption -> exception (miod@)

  ~ arcbios.h

  > Do not invoke arcbios routines from the moment our page tables are set up,
  > to the moment we reboot, for we do not know what it can do behind our back;
  > this means the built-in ethernet address has to be read from the arcbios
  > environment earlier. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pte.h
  ~ vmparam.h

  > More pmap changes from the potpourri pool:
  > - use wm_page pg_flags pmap-reserved flags to store attributes, instead of
  > defining a vm_page_md field.
  > - use atomic operations to touch the above mentioned flags.
  > - never create ptes with PG_RO and PG_M set (this was harmless anyway).
  > - in pmap_clear_modify(), do not flush cache if the page was mapped
  > uncached.
  > Tested on r5k, rm5200, r10k and r12k. (miod@)

  ~ pte.h

  > Remove unused macros, and make sure the remaining one do not truncate the
  > high 32 bits of addresses. (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ exception.S

  > exeption -> exception (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > It's never too late to write "too late" correctly. (miod@)

  ~ arcbios.c

  > Do not invoke arcbios routines from the moment our page tables are set up,
  > to the moment we reboot, for we do not know what it can do behind our back;
  > this means the built-in ethernet address has to be read from the arcbios
  > environment earlier. (miod@)

  ~ process_machdep.c

  > Do not allow userland to change cop0 SR via ptrace; from NetBSD. (miod@)

  ~ lcore_float.S                         ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Be more careful when changing cop0 SR value; or flags in instead of setting
  > the SR value to them, and correctly propagate the SR to userland via proper
  > proc0 initialization and cpu_fork() care. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > In pmap_enter_pv(), when uncaching a page due to a VAC conflict, only flush
  > the existing cached va range, instead of the whole cache.
  > Tested on rm5200 and r12k. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > More pmap changes from the potpourri pool:
  > - use wm_page pg_flags pmap-reserved flags to store attributes, instead of
  > defining a vm_page_md field.
  > - use atomic operations to touch the above mentioned flags.
  > - never create ptes with PG_RO and PG_M set (this was harmless anyway).
  > - in pmap_clear_modify(), do not flush cache if the page was mapped
  > uncached.
  > Tested on r5k, rm5200, r10k and r12k. (miod@)

  ~ clock.c

  > The cpu clock frequency we get from ARCBIOS may be off by something in the
  > order of 1%.  So calibrate the CP0 timecounter frequency using the TOD
  > clock
  > if we have one.
  > "looks like good stuff" deraadt@, also tested by jsg@ (kettenis@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ trap.h

  > Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > ok thib@, deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ trap.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_9
  > MFC: Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > original diff ok thib@, deraadt@ (ckuethe@)

  ~ trap.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_0
  > MFC: Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > original diff ok thib@, deraadt@ (ckuethe@)

  ~ trap.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > original patch by kettenis@
  > original patch ok thib@, deraadt@ (ckuethe@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ trap.c

  > Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > ok thib@, deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ trap.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_9
  > MFC: Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > original diff ok thib@, deraadt@ (ckuethe@)

  ~ trap.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_0
  > MFC: Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > original diff ok thib@, deraadt@ (ckuethe@)

  ~ trap.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > Handle AltiVec Assist exceptions.  Fixes a panic when running crashme.
  > original patch by kettenis@
  > original patch ok thib@, deraadt@ (ckuethe@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ if_mec.c

  > Do not invoke arcbios routines from the moment our page tables are set up,
  > to the moment we reboot, for we do not know what it can do behind our back;
  > this means the built-in ethernet address has to be read from the arcbios
  > environment earlier. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ machdep.c

  > Do not invoke arcbios routines from the moment our page tables are set up,
  > to the moment we reboot, for we do not know what it can do behind our back;
  > this means the built-in ethernet address has to be read from the arcbios
  > environment earlier. (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Be more careful when changing cop0 SR value; or flags in instead of setting
  > the SR value to them, and correctly propagate the SR to userland via proper
  > proc0 initialization and cpu_fork() care. (miod@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > machdep.led_blink sysctl for landisk, also move cpu_sysctl() code and
  > related
  > variables from arch/sh/ to arch/landisk/. ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sh/sh

  ~ sh_machdep.c

  > machdep.led_blink sysctl for landisk, also move cpu_sysctl() code and
  > related
  > variables from arch/sh/ to arch/landisk/. ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Even floppies should use DISKLABELDEV() on the dev_t parameter to
  > readdisklabel/writedisklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ weingart@ conceptual ok drahn@ (krw@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ atomic.h

  > Disable interrupts around bit operations; ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > ahci works on sparc64.  wish the teeny teeny tiny jmicron sample i have
  > had a bracket though, because it almost falls out of the pci slot...
  > (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ power.c

  > Make power(4) map registers in io space if mem space fails.
  > Tested on u5, u10, blade100 and v210.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ power.c                               ~ rtc.c

  > Tell init(8) to power down machine instead of just halting it.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ fd.c

  > Even floppies should use DISKLABELDEV() on the dev_t parameter to
  > readdisklabel/writedisklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ weingart@ conceptual ok drahn@ (krw@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ pmap.c

  > - Use pmap_get_page and pmap_free_page to manage memory allocations
  > for sparc64 pmap. They take care of all the magic of checking for
  > initialized pages, zeroing them, etc.
  > - merge pmap_create and pmap_pinit.
  > - don't do the page allocation dance in pmap_kenter, we have growkernel.
  > - Clean up if I was close to something dirty.
  > kettenis@ ok (art@)

  ~ trap.c

  > do not printf+panic, when a longer panic message is easier; kettenis ok
  > (deraadt@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ vmparam.h

  > Switch the vax pmap to __HAVE_VM_PAGE_MD.
  > pv_entry head of lists are no longer preallocated at boot, and will only be
  > allocated for managed pages (instead of all physical memory pages,
  > including
  > those containing the kernel).
  > pmap and pv_entry will now be allocated from a pool, instead of malloc for
  > the
  > former and a homegrown allocator which never relinquishes unused elements
  > the VM system for the latter.
  > The net result is a slight decrease in memory usage, and better behaviour
  > in
  > low-memory conditions. (miod@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ pmap.c

  > Switch the vax pmap to __HAVE_VM_PAGE_MD.
  > pv_entry head of lists are no longer preallocated at boot, and will only be
  > allocated for managed pages (instead of all physical memory pages,
  > including
  > those containing the kernel).
  > pmap and pv_entry will now be allocated from a pool, instead of malloc for
  > the
  > former and a homegrown allocator which never relinquishes unused elements
  > the VM system for the latter.
  > The net result is a slight decrease in memory usage, and better behaviour
  > in
  > low-memory conditions. (miod@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraidvar.h

  > Skip past SBLOCK_UFS1 to make sure that metadata does not destroy anything
  > filesystem related.
  > pointed out by deraadt (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraidvar.h

  > Don't use SBLOCK_UFS1.  Don't call it SKIP either.
  > Pompted by deraadt (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraidvar.h

  > Add more debug output for metadata.
  > Spacing as well. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Calculate metadata checksums.
  > Add chunks to debug prints. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Keep track of coerced chunk sizes. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraidvar.h

  > Add interesting runtime stats. (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Add initial test for existing metadata on chunks. (marco@)

  ~ ramdisk.c

  > Pass a real dev_t to readdisklabel(), not a unit number with lipstick.
  > Suggestions from miod@, KNF nit from mk@
  > ok miod@ millert@ (krw@)

  ~ ccd.c

  > CCDLABELDEV/ect and RAIDLABELDEV/etc join other no-op defines in the
  > trashbin of history, replaced by DISKLABELDEV/etc. No change to .o
  > files except for __line__.
  > ok jsg@ (krw@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpidock.c                            ~ acpidev.h

  > Add a TAILQ, aml_nodelist, of devices depending on the dock device to
  > struct acpidock_softc and stuff devices into it during attach.
  > This list is not yet used, but I have code ready to handle the ACPI side
  > of this.  However, it still doesn't handle that there may in fact be
  > multiple dock devices in a machine (e.g. on pre-60 series ThinkPads), but
  > I need to figure out how to do so properly first.  In the mean time I want
  > this in the tree so I don't lose the code. (mk@)

  ~ acpidock.c

  > Remove unnecessary local variable in acpidock_status() and kill an XXX
  > by using STA_PRESENT instead of home-brewed value. (mk@)

  ~ acpidev.h

  > Whitespace cleanup. (mk@)

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > spacing and some really long lines (gwk@)

  ~ acpidev.h                             ~ acpidock.c

  > In acpidock_softc, change sc_sens from being a one element long array to
  > simply being a single struct ksensor. (mk@)

  ~ acpidock.c

  > When adding a device node to the list of dependant devices, don't add
  > the _EJD node.  Instead, add the parent actual device node instead
  > which makes more sense and makes sure that it doesn't matter if the _EJ0
  > node under a device node comes before the _EJD node. (mk@)

  ~ acpidock.c

  > When receiving an undock request, walk the list of dependant devices
  > and pull their _EJ0 knobs before undocking.  This ejects any dependant
  > devices (if necessary) before actually undocking.
  > Without this, the usb hub in my X6 gets upset when it's suddenly kicked
  > off the system without warning, and upon redocking it attaches as uberry.
  > Now it's behaving as it should. (mk@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.c

  > when an ata command returns an error, dont fill dmesg with messages about
  > it. returning an error to the scsi midlayer is all we need to do, which in
  > turn will do the right thing. (dlg@)

  ~ wd.c

  > Eliminate CPU_BIOS from userland and wd(4) by always using the BIOS
  > geometry in the disklabel when there is a BIOS geometry to provide.
  > This removes the option to set a disklabel to 'BIOS' geometry via the
  > 'g b' command in the editor.
  > Makes reported geometry more consistant and moves MD code to MD land
  > where it should be.
  > Doc help from jmc@, Feedback from millert@, marco@, weingart@,
  > kettenis at .  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ wd.c

  > Nuke WDUNIT/WDPART/etc. defines and just use standard
  > DISKUNIT/DISKPART/etc.
  > ones. No change to wd.o.
  > ok deraadt@ marco@ (krw@)

  ~ wd.c

  > Fix comments above DISKMINOR uses. DISKMINOR provides minor not major
  > number (wd.c), and the uses are to find the minimum minor to be
  > detached. (krw@)

dev/ic

  ~ sili.c

  > disable debug output here too. it's working fine (even on strange archs)
  > (dlg@)

  ~ aic7xxx_inline.h

  > Kill inlines to shave some bytes.
  > krw@ (art@)

  ~ ami.c

  > Improve debug statements.  No binary change without AMI_DEBUG.
  > ok marco (bluhm@)

  ~ gdt_common.c                          ~ gdtvar.h

  > remove abstraction around splbio/splx; they just confuse things; ok dlg
  > marco krw (deraadt@)

  ~ gdt_common.c

  > missing splbio/splx pair (which splasserted me per-device probe) in
  > polling mode code; ok dlg marco krw (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ fd.c

  > Even floppies should use DISKLABELDEV() on the dev_t parameter to
  > readdisklabel/writedisklabel.
  > ok deraadt@ weingart@ conceptual ok drahn@ (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ ahci.c

  > prettier debug, if it is ever re-enabled, ok dlg (deraadt@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > macros for accessing bits of the rx descriptors (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > i seem to be having lots of trouble with writing bus_dmamap_sync calls
  > properly these days.
  > when draining the rxf fifo we want to POSTREAD the mbuf, not PREREAD it.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > start implementing processing of the rx descriptor fifo. this is the one
  > that returns rx buffers to us that we previously posted in the rx free.
  > theoretically we should now be receiving packets.
  > practically, im still waiting on a cable so i can plug this card into
  > something and test it, and then that's going to be difficult cos i only
  > have two tht cards to test it. i need tx and rx working before i can test
  > if tx and rx work. fun fun fun.
  > this code doesnt process rx data change descriptors yet. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > hookup bpf. this pushes packets along bpf on the rx side. i need to write
  > tx now. (dlg@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > unload the dmamap of the ccb used in ncq error handling once we've finished
  > with it. prevents free panics on sparc64.
  > found by deraadt on a v215. (dlg@)

  ~ ahci.c

  > mark the ccb used for error handling as complete when it completes. this
  > prevents dmesg spam when we return this ccb to the free list. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > only printf if the firmware load failed. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > this is the start of the transmit path. this takes packets off the
  > interface send queue and puts them on the hardwares tx task fifo. the tx
  > completion path hasnt been written yet.
  > the mbuf dmamap loading has been stolen from vic.
  > there's obviously a lot of code that is shared between the rxf fifo loading
  > and the txt fifo loading. i also have to think about how to better
  > calculate and keep track of space in the fifos.
  > this is getting harder and harder. it sucks writing tons of code without
  > being able to verify that it works. i might take a break for a bit. (dlg@)

  ~ if_casreg.h

  > Correct offsets for Tx completion regs. (kettenis@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > process the tx free queue. this indicates when transmitted packets have
  > been completed. it's the simplest fifo of the lot, im sorry i didnt start
  > with it.
  > this is the last of the fifos we have to deal with. now we need an
  > interrupt handler, but i wont be doing that till i get my cable. (dlg@)

  ~ if_vic.c

  > this is my previous commit again, but this time it was tested.
  > dma sync the rx mbuf before we push it to the hardware.
  > technically this isnt necessary cos bus_dmamap_sync is a nop on i386 and
  > amd64. but i like to be correct, and someone might read this as an example
  > of how to write a driver. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > add tht_write_dmap, and tht_write_pad.
  > tht_write_dmap will walk a loaded bus_dmamap_t and write the appropriate
  > pbd's to the fifo.
  > tht_write_pad will take the length of the whole descriptor and add a 4 byte
  > pad to the descriptor if necessary. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > replace the code in the rxf and txt fifo handlers that loads the dma
  > descriptors and adds the pad with tht_write_dmap and tht_write_pad. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > when we use a fifo we always seem to need to know how much of the fifo is
  > ready to be used, and we need to decrement that "ready" count as we go over
  > the fifo. this diff moves that ready counter into the tht_fifo struct.
  > the ready value is calculated when we read the fifo pointers off the
  > hardware, and decremented by fifo_read or fifo_write as we work through it.
  > each of the loops over the fifos checks it directly to see if there's
  > anything left to work on. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > spelling in comment fix. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > increment opackets and ipackets. clear OACTIVE when tx completes. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > use the fifos ready byte counter in the firmware loading. (dlg@)

  ~ if_bce.c

  > do not use static function declarations in kernel drivers (no
  > functional change).
  > from Brad Smith
  > ok and tested by todd@ (reyk@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > add some debug goo to be used soon (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > im an idiot. for (;;) { } while (condition); loops forever, no matter what
  > the condition is. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > add more register definitions, in particular the interrupt ones. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > start implementing interrupt handling.
  > the firmware generates an interrupt when it detects a link state change,
  > so we dont have to poll for it like other nics do. this sets it up so the
  > interrupt is handled even if the nic is down at the time.
  > you can plug and unplug the cable now and see pretty dmesg output. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > split tht_fifo_ready into tht_fifo_writable and tht_fifo_readable. the way
  > you determine usable space in the fifo is different between read and write
  > fifos, not half different like i thought it was. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > configure the 10G mac and enable (more) interrupts when the interface is
  > brought up. mask them again when the interface goes down. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > fix the conditions that the tx free path keeps looping on so that it will
  > process all available descriptors, instead of leaving one behind. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > format string fix (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > add some debug to the tx paths so i can see packets go on and off the hw.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > shift some bits like the spec says i should. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > put a two second timeout on the chip init after the firmware is loaded
  > (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > more register init in tht_up (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > fix a dprintf in the debug path (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > enable tx completion interrupts and provide handling for them.
  > unfortunately theres a bug somehwere. i had this working 6 hours ago, but
  > after scrubbing that diff it no longer completes packets. so annoying.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > i got a reg init wrong, still no tx completion though. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > we only have to mask interrupts once when we bring the interface down
  > (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > when populating the rxf fifo, actually sync the rxf fifo at the start and
  > end of it, not txf.
  > still doesnt fix my bug (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > add some dprintfs to the fifo handlers.
  > enabling these makes tx completions occur. i wish i could figure out why.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > hook the rx path up.
  > despite having written it without being able to test, there was only one
  > real bug. i wasnt keeping track of the mbuf in the rx init path, so when
  > the completion tried to use it, it was dereferencing random memory. (dlg@)

  ~ puc.c

  > Some cleanup, ansify remaining K&R functions, neatly summarize the
  > available ports e.g.
  > puc0 at pci1 dev 7 function 0 "Moxa C168H" rev 0x02: com, com, com, com,
  > com, com, com, com
  > vs
  > puc0 at pci1 dev 7 function 0 "Moxa C168H" rev 0x02: ports: 8 com
  > and panicing is an extreme behaviour if we dont know the name of a port
  > simply print a message informing of the unknown port and dont attempt to
  > attach it.
  > ok deraadt (gwk@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add a bunch of nvidia pci ids from The Linux PCI ID Repository inspired
  > by a dmesg on misc.
  > From brad, ok mk. (mk@)

  > sync (mk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > add a comment that NetXen provided hardware and documentation to make
  > this driver possible. (reyk@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > my txt fifo write bug is extremely strange. i need a delay before the
  > wptr write for it to work. delay(75) works, delay(67) doesnt, so im
  > disabling the fifo debug and adding delay(100) till this is worked out
  > properly with tehuti. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > Fix copy/paste-o in offset of TDINTCM register jointly spotted by dlg and
  > myself. This register controls TX interrupt and packet coalescing.
  > OK dlg@ (cloder@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > only attach nx NICs with 128MB memory and a 32bit memory type for now
  > (the chipset uses a configurable window to access the complete address
  > range). (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > add NX_DEBUG macros (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > rename sc_io* types to sc_mem* to reflect the bus space memory type.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > add initial nxb_read/nxb_write functions (reyk@)

  ~ if_nxreg.h

  > add a section to define the nx memory layout (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > sync (also update the PCI IDs in the nx driver) (reyk@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > update NetXen PCI IDs (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > also map the seconds PCI memory space (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > spacing (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > registers are accessed via configurable windows in the PCI memory space,
  > some macro abstraction is required to support different window mappings.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ if_nxreg.h

  > update a comment to reflect the truth - the documentation that is
  > available online is incomplete or even outdated and this driver is
  > only partially based on it. other information is obtained from the
  > netxen reference driver. (reyk@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > Correct typo in comment, no code changes (cloder@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > initialize and bootstrap the device and enable the firmware
  > verification check. the NIC's bootstrap process can take up to 10
  > seconds. (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > add code to access the flash memory in the ROMUSB register area and
  > read the board information data from the flash on startup. this is required
  > to determine the board type, version, etc. etc. (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > query the board information before mapping the interrupt and before
  > printing the interrupt string. (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > read more information from flash - get the user info field and copy
  > one lladdr per port. (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > spacing (cleanup the code before i leave the room) (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c

  > add different flags for debug messages to minimize the noise. (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > attach the available ports and print the lladdr (no operation yet). (reyk@)

  ~ if_nx.c                               ~ if_nxreg.h

  > validate the firmware version, this driver requires 3.4.xx (3.4.31).
  > this code is not enabled yet because i need to bootstrap the chipset
  > first. (reyk@)

  ~ viapm.c

  > Match on VT8237A/VT8251/CX700 like the equivalent Linux driver does.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsg@)

  ~ piixpm.c

  > Match on ATI IXP/SB600 as well.
  > Seen in a dmesg from alemao <skanabiz at gmail.com  > ok grange@ (jsg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > when completing a tx pkt, put it back on the tx free list, not the rx one.
  > found by Nadav Shemer at Tehuti Networks. (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > when we post a fifo we're giving the dma mem back to the hardware, so we
  > need a presync, not a postsync.
  > another good find by Nadav Shemer at Tehuti Networks (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > we dont want to completely fill fifos, so leave a gap when we calculate
  > how much of the fifo we want to write firmware to.
  > from Nadav Shemer at Tehuti Networks (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > clocks and pll register bits (dlg@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > Nadav Shemer of Tehuti Networks is magical.
  > not leaving the gap in the txt fifo when uploading the firmware was the
  > cause of my fifo write bug in tht_start. because i was filling the whole
  > fifo, i was writing the wptr back to its original position. because of
  > this i dont think the firmware thought i had written anything. only the
  > last short chunk would have been noticed, which strikes me as possibly
  > confusing to the chip.
  > this diff removes the delay at the top of tht_fifo_post. one less XXX :)
  > (dlg@)

dev/raidframe

  ~ rf_openbsdkintf.c

  > CCDLABELDEV/ect and RAIDLABELDEV/etc join other no-op defines in the
  > trashbin of history, replaced by DISKLABELDEV/etc. No change to .o
  > files except for __line__.
  > ok jsg@ (krw@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > New unbranded uplcom(4). (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ uplcom.c

  > Add an unbranded device I have, chip says its a PL-2303HX. (jsg@)

  ~ uts.c

  > Add suport for printing debug information like coordinates if UTS_DEBUG
  > is defined and make sure that we are calling wsmouse_input every time
  > the screen gets touched on different types of touchscreens.
  > Some minor cleanups while here. (robert@)

  ~ if_axe.c                              ~ if_ubt.c
  ~ uberry.c                              ~ uts.c

  > USB device lists do not need a terminating sentinel, so don't provide any;
  > this should prevent phantom devices from attaching axe or uberry on
  > some machines.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

kern

  ~ subr_pool.c

  > Clean up an obsolete allocator.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ subr_prf.c

  > enable splassert (1) by default; requested and ok many (deraadt@)

  ~ uipc_mbuf2.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > Since we're not always called with M_WAIT, check return value from
  > MGETHDR and fail if it's NULL.
  > original patch art@
  > original patch ok miod@ (ckuethe@)

  ~ kern_event.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > stability fix from reyk
  > Original commit message:
  > the splnet() does not make sense at this place and can lead to a panic
  > with heavy kqueue usage. changing it to splhigh() fixes the problem.
  > suggested by dlg@ deraadt@, ok dlg@ tedu@ art@
  > ============================================================ (ckuethe@)

net

  ~ ethertypes.h

  > add ethernet type for "slow protocols" (defined in IEEE 802.3ad)
  > ok dlg@ (reyk@)

  ~ if_trunk.c                            ~ if_trunk.h

  > extend the trunk protocol API with some additional callbacks required
  > for future work. also move the repeated tx start code into a common
  > function.
  > parts of it are merged from FreeBSD's trunk(4) port. oh, wait... they
  > renamed it to 'lagg(4)' because a little green guy from Cizzco-Eeeh
  > told them "trunk is for VLANs, trunk is for VLANs". Bad FreeBSD, don't
  > listen to the little green guy from Cizzco-Eeeh!
  > ok claudio@ (reyk@)

netinet6

  ~ route6.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_0
  > IPv6 routing headers are a type of 'super source routing', and pose a
  > significant and serious risk to hosts and the internet.  That this
  > host-controlled routing even came into existance once again shows how
  > broken the IETF process is.  Disable this source routing, with
  > prejudice.
  > (a fix for 3.9-stable and an errata will follow soon) (mbalmer@)

  ~ route6.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_9
  > IPv6 routing headers are a type of 'super source routing', and pose a
  > significant and serious risk to hosts and the internet.  That this
  > host-controlled routing even came into existance once again shows how
  > broken the IETF process is.  Disable this source routing, with
  > prejudice. (mbalmer@)

  ~ route6.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_1
  > IPv6 routing headers are a type of 'super source routing', and pose a
  > significant and serious risk to hosts and the internet.  That this
  > host-controlled routing even came into existance once again shows how
  > broken the IETF process is.  Disable this source routing, with
  > prejudice. (ckuethe@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_socket.c

  > Dont log() send failures in nfs_send(), they arent helpful since we retry
  > and recover for the client case (or terminate with EINTR if to many
  > retries),
  > and in the server case, if we cant send due to f.x network troubles its up
  > the client to retry not the server.
  > (server not responding messages are logged in another place though).
  > discussed with deraadt@ (thib@)

scsi

  ~ sd.c                                  ~ cd.c

  > Use the standard DISKPART/DISKUNIT/etc. defines rather than identical
  > but differently named SD/CD ones. No change to .o files.
  > ok deraadt@ dlg@ (krw@)

  ~ cd.c                                  ~ sd.c

  > Fix comments above DISKMINOR uses. DISKMINOR provides minor not major
  > number (wd.c), and the uses are to find the minimum minor to be
  > detached. (krw@)

stand

  ~ boot/cmd.c

  > Check for Control key held down when starting, and don't read boot.conf
  > if it is.  This gives a way to recover from "switching to com0" when
  > there's no serial cable handy.
  > Bump version numbers.
  > A similar change will be made to amd64 boot soon.
  > ok toby@ deraadt@ (tom@)

sys

  ~ pool.h

  > Clean up an obsolete allocator.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ pool.h

  > Clean up some comments.
  > Don't say that the nointr allocator happens to be interrupt safe since
  > that's something that callers shouldn't know and it just confuses people.
  > If you want an interrupt safe allocator you specify NULL as the last
  > argument to pool_init(). If you want a no interrupt allocator you use
  > _nointr. The fact that they happen to be the same right now is irrelevant.
  > pointed out by kettenis@ (art@)

  ~ mount.h

  > Fix mounting of ffs2 via "mount -a".  ffs2 is not separate from ffs
  > and should not have its own MOUNT_XXX define. (millert@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ fs.h

  > Remove 'cg_space' from 'struct cg'. Due to the alignment on 64-bit
  > architectures, CGSIZE() was returning something sligthly over one block.
  > The 'new' fsck would round this value up to a fragment boundary, and end
  > up trying to access memory beyond allocated space. From mickey@, okay
  > pedro@, millert@ and otto at .edro@)

  ~ ffs_vfsops.c

  > Fix mounting of ffs2 via "mount -a".  ffs2 is not separate from ffs
  > and should not have its own MOUNT_XXX define. (millert@)

  ~ ffs_alloc.c

  > enforce -Wdeclaration-after-statement by hand (deraadt@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_amap.c

  > Some ANSI function prototypes and misc cleanups.
  > only binary change is the line numbers to asserts. (art@)

  ~ uvm_km.c

  > Use the right size when we're backing out the allocation in
  > uvm_km_kmemalloc.
  > "should probbaly go in" millert@, "I think it should too" deraadt@ (art@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > For uvm_map and uvm_unmap, splassert(IPL_NONE) for non-INTRSAFE maps.
  > miod@ ok (art@)

  ~ uvm_user.c

  > Another indentation cleanup without binary changes.
  > (I'm reading code, that's where this comes from). (art@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > Some indentation cleanup.
  > md5@ ok. (art@)

  ~ uvm_km.c

  > Change the loop test in uvm_km_kmemalloc from '<' to '!='. Everything
  > is aligned just fine and in case we allocate the last piece of the
  > address space we don't want wrap-around to cause us to fail.
  > pointed out by and ok miod@ (art@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

calendar

  ~ calendars/calendar.history

  > +04/22  Portuguese navigator Pedro Alvares Cabral becomes the first
  > +	    European to sight Brazil, 1500 (pedro@)

  ~ calendars/calendar.holiday

  > typo; mikolaj.kucharski at gmaileraadt@)

cvs

  ~ cvs.1                                 ~ cvs.c

  > changes "Usage" to "usage"; sorts options list in cvs history;
  > the argument to -z is tz, not timezone; argument names to flags
  > should use lowercase letters; cvs's usage() output should fit
  > on a 80-column display
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@ and xsa@ (sobrado@)

  ~ cvs.1

  > replace D, D1 and D2 by date, date1 and date2 respectively;
  > date1<date2 implies date2>date1, not date2<date1
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@ and xsa@ (sobrado@)

join

  ~ join.c

  > Remove duplicate commment
  > Simplify -j parsing
  > Use warnx() not errx() for illegal -j option so that usage() gets called.
  > When parsing -o don't go past the end of argv
  > Sync usage() with man page, use __progname and make it line up nicely
  > Based on a diff from Tobias Stoeckmann (millert@)

mg

  ~ README

  > It's never too late to write "too late" correctly. (miod@)

rcs

  ~ rcs.1

  > chopping the end of this sentence off made more sense than fixing it;
  > ok xsa (jmc@)

  ~ ci.c

  > replace tabs by spaces in the message returned by usage()
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@, and xsa@ (sobrado@)

  ~ merge.c

  > compatibility (`do nothing') options do not need to be announced
  > in the synopsis/usage(); we do not want `[-L label]' three times
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@, and xsa@ (sobrado@)

  ~ rcsdiff.c

  > the message returned by usage() must fit on a 80-column display
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@, and xsa@ (sobrado@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > `[-sstate[:rev]]' is not available in rcs(1)
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@, and xsa@ (sobrado@)

  ~ rlog.1

  > replace D, D1 and D2 by date, date1 and date2 respectively;
  > date1<date2 implies date2>date1, not date2<date1
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@ and xsa@ (sobrado@)

  ~ rlog.1

  > replace REV, REV1 and REV2 with rev, rev1 and rev2, respectively;
  > substitute BRANCH, BRANCH1 and BRANCH2 with branch, branch1 and branch2
  > ok by jmc@, niallo@, and xsa@ (sobrado@)

sdiff

  ~ edit.c

  > Copy signal-safe edit function from sendbug.
  > OK millert@, threatened by deraadt at .ay@)

sendbug

  ~ sendbug.c

  > Remove extra code that only applies to setuid/setgid programs.
  > ``Slacker!	We'll burn your hands if you don't get going!'' deraadt@ (ray@)

skey

  ~ skey.1

  > the options list must be alphabetically sorted
  > ok by jmc@ (sobrado@)

ssh

  ~ servconf.c

  > Remove debug() left over from development.	ok deraadt@ (dtucker@)

systat

  ~ systat.1

  > Remove non-existent keyword protocol and replace it with
  > the correct keywords (tcp, udp, all). Also add another
  > missing argument to the show keyword.
  > With and ok jmc@ and deraadt@ (moritz@)

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ extern.h
  ~ main.c

  > support non-integral refresh intervals, possibly as low as 0.1s.
  > this makes it more useful for real time display of fast changing stats
  > ok art deraadt (tedu@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/cgram.y

  > exeption -> exception (miod@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

apmd

  ~ apmd.c

  > support for cpu throttling on mp systems
  > based on a similar diff by Simon Effenberg
  > ok krw, gwk (sturm@)

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.c                              ~ parser.c

  > bgpctl needs to know about 4-byte AS numbers as well. (claudio@)

bgpd

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ log.c
  ~ mrt.c                                 ~ parse.y
  ~ printconf.c                           ~ rde.c
  ~ rde.h                                 ~ rde_attr.c
  ~ rde_filter.c                          ~ rde_update.c
  ~ session.c                             ~ session.h
  ~ util.c

  > Make bgpd 4-byte AS compatible. All internal representations of AS numbers
  > are now 4-byte instead of the old 2-byte numbers. The only exception are
  > communities because they can not be switched. The RDE will inflate and
  > deflate
  > the ASPATH and AGGREGATOR attributes on demand and create the NEW_ASPATH
  > and
  > NEW_AGGREGATOR field whenever needed. Both old and new stile sessions are
  > supported and can be mixed. Currently new stile sessions with the 4-byte AS
  > number capability turned on are only enabled if one of the AS numbers
  > involved
  > is a 4-byte one.
  > This is based on an initial diff by Geoff Huston gih (at) apnic (dot) net
  > Cleanup, testing and bug-fixes by myself (via AS 3.10).
  > Currently mrt table dumps are producing incompatible output this will be
  > fixed
  > afterwards -- this diff is already big enough.
  > "get it in if you think it is ready" henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ carp.c

  > Use correct function name in log_warn(). (claudio@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > Add draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-13 to the see also list. (claudio@)

  ~ bgpd.conf.5

  > Try to document the new 4-byte AS numbers without being to invasive.
  > "people will complain if it's unclear" jmc@ (claudio@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > bgpd supports RFC 2796 and 3682 so mention them with all the others.
  > (claudio@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > put RFC 3765 in the right place; (jmc@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_create.1

  > Document
  > @comment no checksum
  > as noticed by Martynas. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create.1

  > groff cannot deal with ".Li" before other macros that change font - just
  > remove it; (jmc@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm                ~ pod/OpenBSD::PackingList.pod

  > use an AUTOLOAD to auto-create PackingList visitors when needed.
  > Document visitors, at least partially. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create                            ~ pkg_info
  ~ pkg_merge                             ~ pkg_mklocatedb
  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackageLocator.pm             ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/SharedItems.pm                ~ OpenBSD/SharedLibs.pm

  > replace $p->visit('method') calls with $p->method
  > now that it works. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > rename archive into create_package, split its function into
  > archive (when the arc is defined) and comment_create_package (if verbose).
  > (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > now we always call create_package with a valid archive. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm                ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm

  > make packing-lists more regular by including the CONTENTS. Avoid
  > `recursion' by not writing it out. also remove PackingList::write,
  > since it's a simple visitor. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > explain how to archive special files, and turn
  > create_package/comment_create_package into actual visitors for more
  > regularity (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > turn avert_duplicates into a full visitor (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > rename compute_checksum to create_checksum (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > all of them.... (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > unify some other consistency checks (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > fix recreation of packing-lists: we now have exactly one element in there.
  > (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > now that checksum creation uses OO methods, reuse the same code for
  > create_checksum and verify_checksum. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create

  > verify_checksum can be used as a normal visitor (espie@)

procmap

  ~ procmap.c

  > kill some commented "struct proc *", and knf while there; ok ray (deraadt@)

ripd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Ripd needs a valid route for 224.0.0.9 to work. Instead of forcing users to
  > set multicast_router=YES we inject a 224.0.0.9/32 route into the kernel and
  > remove the route on exit if the insert was successful. With this ripd
  > works out of the box.
  > OK michele@ norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ ripd.8