[owc] Weekly src changes ending 2008-10-12

OWC auto at squish.net
Mon Oct 13 07:00:01 BST 2008

OpenBSD src changes summary for 2008-10-05 to 2008-10-12 inclusive

bin/dd                                  distrib/sets
etc/MAKEDEV.common                      etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.armish/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.aviion/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.hp300/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.hppa/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.landisk/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.socppc/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV                  etc/ntpd.conf
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        gnu/usr.bin/texinfo
lib/csu                                 lib/libc
lib/libm                                regress/usr.bin
sbin/dhclient                           share/man
share/zoneinfo                          sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/arm/include
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/hppa64/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/m68k/include
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/mac68k/dev
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/sgi/conf
sys/arch/sh/include                     sys/arch/socppc/dev
sys/arch/socppc/socppc                  sys/arch/solbourne/solbourne
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/vax/bi
sys/arch/vax/conf                       sys/arch/vax/if
sys/arch/vax/include                    sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/conf                                sys/dev
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/mii                             sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/dev/wscons
sys/kern                                sys/lib/libkern
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/sys                                 sys/uvm
usr.bin/awk                             usr.bin/chpass
usr.bin/compress                        usr.bin/fstat
usr.bin/mail                            usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/sed                             usr.bin/sendbug
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/stat
usr.bin/systat                          usr.bin/vmstat
usr.sbin/authpf                         usr.sbin/httpd
usr.sbin/mtree                          usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/pcidump                        usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/pppd                           usr.sbin/pstat
usr.sbin/relayd                         usr.sbin/snmpd
usr.sbin/tcpdump                        usr.sbin/user
usr.sbin/ypldap

== bin =============================================================== 01/11 ==

dd

  ~ dd.1

  > the ellipsis allow more than one operand being specified.
  > ok jmc@ (sobrado@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/11 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/11 ==

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > skip making /dev/prandom.  as a side effect, /dev/arandom becomes minor 3.
  > but that is OK because both minor 3 and 4 now do the same thing.
  > eventually,
  > 2 releases from now, everyone will have forgotten about minor 4 and we can
  > delete the support code for it from sys/dev/rnd.c
  > various versions of this looked at by millert and todd (deraadt@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.aviion/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.aviion/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  > sync (deraadt@)

ntpd.conf

  ~ ntpd.conf

  > show examples for sensors. use nmea as suggested by mbalmer, henning
  > agrees. (sthen@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/11 ==

usr.bin/perl

  ~ lib/ExtUtils/t/parse_version.t

  > Prevent cvs keyword expansion from causing a test failure. (millert@)

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > re-enable ieeefp mode on alpha again, now that the kernel code is
  > fixed.  tested by me and naddy at .  ok theo (martynas@)

  ~ config.over                           ~ installperl
  ~ lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm

  > Remove hack from MM_Unix.pm and simply set man1dir to 'none' in
  > installperl to prevent man page installation of the perl man pages.
  > (millert@)

usr.bin/texinfo

  ~ makeinfo/xml.c

  > prevent access to output_paragraph with negative offset; PR 5518; ok
  > deraadt@ (otto@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/11 ==

csu

  ~ alpha/Makefile                        ~ amd64/Makefile
  ~ arm/Makefile                          ~ hppa/Makefile
  ~ hppa64/Makefile                       ~ i386/Makefile
  ~ powerpc/Makefile                      ~ sparc/Makefile
  ~ sparc64/Makefile

  > The recent change to bsd.own.mk to allow PICFLAG to be overridden made
  > these previously ignored PICFLAG settings become active. Remove PICFLAG
  > overrides to restore -fpic/-fPIC modes. In snaps for a week.
  > okay drahn@ (kurt@)

libc

  ~ locale/wcstod.c

  > Fix conversion of numbers without an exponent.
  > ok martynas@ (kettenis@)

  ~ time/tz-art.htm

  > update to tzcode2008g from	elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

libm

  - arch/vax/n_cabs.S                     ~ Makefile
  ~ noieee_src/n_cabs.c                   + noieee_src/n_cacos.c
  + noieee_src/n_cacosh.c                 + noieee_src/n_carg.c
  + noieee_src/n_casin.c                  + noieee_src/n_casinh.c
  + noieee_src/n_catan.c                  + noieee_src/n_catanh.c
  + noieee_src/n_ccos.c                   + noieee_src/n_ccosh.c
  + noieee_src/n_cexp.c                   + noieee_src/n_cimag.c
  + noieee_src/n_cimagf.c                 + noieee_src/n_clog.c
  + noieee_src/n_conj.c                   + noieee_src/n_conjf.c
  + noieee_src/n_cpow.c                   + noieee_src/n_cproj.c
  + noieee_src/n_cprojf.c                 + noieee_src/n_creal.c
  + noieee_src/n_crealf.c                 + noieee_src/n_csin.c
  + noieee_src/n_csinh.c                  + noieee_src/n_csqrt.c
  + noieee_src/n_ctan.c                   + noieee_src/n_ctanh.c
  + noieee_src/n_hypot.c                  + arch/vax/n_hypot.S

  > - noieee_src: adapt complex versions of the functions it already
  > supports (which is all, except the float ones)
  > ok millert@ (martynas@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/11 ==

usr.bin

  + sed/Makefile                          + sed/hanoi.expected
  + sed/hanoi.sed                         + sed/math.expected
  + sed/math.in                           + sed/math.sed
  + sed/sedtest.expected                  + sed/sedtest.sh
  + sed/sierpinski.expected               + sed/sierpinski.sed

  > Adapt sed test suite to regress framework.
  > Add sierpinski triangle script from
  > http://sed.sourceforge.net/grabbag/scripts (millert@)

  ~ Makefile

  > hook up sed regress (millert@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.conf.5

  > Clarify discussion of option modifiers. They only affect values passed
  > to dhclient-script. Our default script only uses a few options so
  > others are unaffected by option modifiers. PR#5834 is thus rendered
  > moot.
  > Feedback & suggestions from jmc@, ok deraadt at . (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.conf.5

  > Oops. Missed one typo jmc@ spotted. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.conf.5

  > - talk about the "client configuration script" consistenly
  > - Xr dhclient-script on first mention, which is section 8 not 5
  > ok krw (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man8/release.8

  > Mention that /usr/src is now needed to build xenocara.
  > ok jmc@, oga at . (matthieu@)

  ~ man4/umsm.4

  > sync man page
  > "Option N.V. Globetrotter HSDPA Modem" is moved to umsm(4) from ubsa(4)
  > (yuo@)

  ~ man4/pflow.4

  > write "pflow", "flowsrc" and "flowdst" using the right macros. (sobrado@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/random.4

  > prandom dies (deraadt@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > sync tcl/tk description with reality (steven@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/southamerica

  > update to tzdata2008g from	elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ fp_complete.c

  > unbreak ieeefp emulation code wrt converting double to unsigned
  > long ints for alpha.  we've got only one instruction (cvttq) to
  > convert double-t to quadword, and float64_to_int64 did not take
  > into account the unsigned conversions
  > therefore, overflow always occured, and half of the unsigned range
  > (LONG_MAX .. ULONG_MAX) was broken
  > introduce roundAndPackInt64NoOverflow and float64_to_int64_no_overflow
  > for softfloat, that works with unsigned integers as well.  note
  > that this will return zero for nan/inf/oflow/uflow, raising exception
  > flag
  > perl is happy now
  > looked over by miod@
  > tested by naddy@, and by me on nick@'s alpha (martynas@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > more readable virtual memory size values.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ db_disasm.c

  > remove dead stores and newly created unused variables.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok weingart@ (chl@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Remove useless comment. (kettenis@)

  ~ db_memrw.c

  > remove a dead store.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok weingart@ (chl@)

  ~ intr.c

  > replace M_WAITOK with M_NOWAIT
  > ok krw@ kettenis@ (chl@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Skip memory areas smaller than 1 MB above the 16 MB boundary to deal with
  > buggy ACP BIOSes.  Based on a diff from weingart at .
  > ok deraadt@, oga@ (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > uhci(4) at cardbus(4) seems to work (to the same extent that ohci(4) and
  > ehci(4) work; ie. it has the same variety of unplug bugs) (deraadt@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

  > uhci(4) at cardbus(4) seems to work (to the same extent that ohci(4) and
  > ehci(4) work; ie. it has the same variety of unplug bugs) (deraadt@)

  ~ files.i386

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ ioapic.c
  ~ mpbios.c

  > Remove IOAPIC ID remapping code.  It should not be necessary to avoid
  > reusing
  > LAPIC IDs and if there are MPBIOSes we handle them with ACPI now.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Unconditionally compile idt_vec_xxx functions. (kettenis@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Skip memory areas smaller than 1 MB above the 16 MB boundary to deal with
  > buggy ACP BIOSes.  Based on a diff from weingart at .
  > ok deraadt@, oga@ (kettenis@)

  - random.s

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ i82093var.h

  > Remove IOAPIC ID remapping code.  It should not be necessary to avoid
  > reusing
  > LAPIC IDs and if there are MPBIOSes we handle them with ACPI now.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ if_mc.c                               ~ if_sn.c

  > cosmetic change for ioctl funtions.. move splnet out from variable
  > declaration. (brad@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ if_mc.c

  > cosmetic change for ioctl funtions.. move splnet out from variable
  > declaration. (brad@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > - add and enable rum(4)
  > committed over a rum(4) donated by Maxim Belooussov, thanks!
  > ok jsing@ (jasper@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/socppc/dev

  ~ ipic.c

  > Adjust for redesigned powerpc interrupt architecture. (kettenis@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ machdep.c

  > Adjust for redesigned powerpc interrupt architecture. (kettenis@)

  ~ clock.c

  > Reduce diff to macppc version. (kettenis@)

arch/solbourne/solbourne

  ~ locore.s

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ cpuvar.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpuvar.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpuvar.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

  ~ locore.s

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ sbbc.c

  > Add missing argument to printf. (kettenis@)

  ~ vbus.c                                ~ vbusvar.h

  > Add interrupt support. (kettenis@)

  ~ vcons.c

  > Make vcons(4) interrupt driven. (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

arch/vax/bi

  ~ if_ni.c

  > cosmetic change for ioctl funtions.. move splnet out from variable
  > declaration. (brad@)

arch/vax/conf

  ~ files.vax

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

arch/vax/if

  ~ if_qe.c

  > cosmetic change for ioctl funtions.. move splnet out from variable
  > declaration. (brad@)

  ~ if_de.c                               ~ sgec.c

  > cosmetic change for ioctl funtions.. move splnet out from variable
  > declaration. (brad@)

  ~ if_de.c

  > Use ether_ioctl(). (brad@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement CPU_INFO_UNIT for everyone, not just MP kernels.
  > ok miod@ (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS on all architectures.
  > For now, sparc64 is arbitrarily set to 256 (only architecture that didn't
  > have
  > a practical limit in the code on the number of cpus). (art@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add empty cpu_unidle() macros for architectures that currently don't do
  > anything special to prod a cpu to leave the idle loop in signotify.
  > powerpc, i386, amd64 and sparc64 will follow soon so that everyone has
  > the same interface to wake an idling cpu. (art@)

arch/vax/vax

  - random.s

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ rnd.c                                 ~ rndvar.h

  > minor 3 was /dev/prandom, which used random().  make that use the
  > arandom code, just like minor 4.  in fact, make them act exactly
  > the same. (deraadt@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Fix various printf constructs either missing arguments or format
  > specifiers. (miod@)

dev/acpi

  ~ dsdt.c                                ~ dsdt.h

  > Fix memory leak bug during scope evaluation (now without introducing a bug
  > in evaluation of the Return() operator).  Based jordan@'s diff from rev.
  > 1.133.
  > ok jordan@, marco@ (kettenis@)

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > Fix various printf constructs either missing arguments or format
  > specifiers. (miod@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ if_re_cardbus.c

  > If re_attach() fails at any point make sure to disestablish various
  > resources setup by the bus front ends, especially the shutdown hook.
  > Found while testing some other changes with a CardBus adapter and
  > re_attach() was failing early before the interface pointer was
  > assigned. Then the system was rebooted, the shutdown hook was called
  > and *boom* in re_stop(). (brad@)

dev/ic

  ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Detect if the adapter is a PCIe adapter and set the RL_FLAG_PCIE flag
  > if so. (brad@)

  ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Add a flag to indicate a 64-bit PCI bus is present. (brad@)

  ~ re.c                                  ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Detect and store the PCI/PCIe bus speed.
  > From DragonFly (brad@)

  ~ mpi.c

  > if fetching a config page for a sas target doesnt work then let the scsi
  > midlayer try to probe it anyway. this lets raid devices configured on an
  > mpi to work again.
  > reported by djm@ (dlg@)

  ~ re.c

  > Set hardware timer according to bus clock speed.
  > From sephe at DragonFly (brad@)

  ~ re.c                                  ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Use hardware timer to simulate interrupt moderation.  Old devices will no
  > longer be livelocked when they are receiving on GigE line.	Newer devices
  > also gain well controlled interrupt rate.
  > If hardware supports interrupt moderation (e.g. 8168B, 8168C), you could
  > also use hardware based interrupt moderation, however, due to lack of
  > necessary information it does not work as reliably as simulated interrupt
  > moderation.  It is _not_ recommended currently.
  > By default, PCIe devices' simulated interrupt moderation timer is set to
  > 75us, while PCI devices' is set to 125us.
  > From sephe at DragonFly (brad@)

dev/isa

  ~ it.c                                  ~ itvar.h

  > o chip revision is 4-bit value
  > o some #define's instead of digits (form@)

  ~ it.c

  > Older IT8712F chips have 8-bit watchdog timeout counter.
  > Use minutes for 16-bit values. (form@)

  ~ it.c

  > better comments (form@)

  ~ it.c

  > Fix various printf constructs either missing arguments or format
  > specifiers. (miod@)

dev/mii

  ~ eephy.c

  > Make sure page 0 is selected when we initialize the PHY.  Fixes problems
  > with the eephy(4) that attaches to nfe(4) on machines like the Sun Ultra
  > 40.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_em.c

  > Always update published link state even if the internal link state doesn't
  > change.  Prevents us from getting stuck in LINK_STATE_UNKNOWN.  Fixes PR
  > 5914.
  > tested by deraadt@, sthen@
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ if_re_pci.c

  > Detect if the adapter is a PCIe adapter and set the RL_FLAG_PCIE flag
  > if so. (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > another geforce (deraadt@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add some devices from submitted dmesgs. (jsg@)

  ~ if_lii.c

  > If we fail to read the MAC address from the eeprom, fallback to reading
  > the MAC address registers. In most cases these already have the correct
  > MAC address. This should address PR5743. Thanks to Rodolfo Gouveia for
  > testing earlier diffs.
  > ok dlg@ (jsing@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_agpsupport.c
  ~ drm/drm_bufs.c                        ~ drm/drm_context.c
  ~ drm/drm_dma.c                         ~ drm/drm_drv.c
  ~ drm/drm_ioctl.c                       ~ drm/drm_irq.c
  ~ drm/drm_lock.c                        ~ drm/i915_dma.c
  ~ drm/i915_drv.c                        ~ drm/i915_drv.h
  ~ drm/mach64_drv.c                      ~ drm/mach64_drv.h
  ~ drm/mach64_state.c                    ~ drm/mga_drv.c
  ~ drm/mga_drv.h                         ~ drm/mga_state.c
  ~ drm/r128_drv.c                        ~ drm/r128_drv.h
  ~ drm/r128_state.c                      ~ drm/radeon_drv.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.h                      ~ drm/radeon_state.c
  ~ drm/savage_bci.c                      ~ drm/savage_drv.c
  ~ drm/savage_drv.h                      ~ drm/sis_drv.c
  ~ drm/sis_drv.h                         ~ drm/sis_mm.c
  ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c                        ~ drm/via_dma.c
  ~ drm/via_drv.c                         ~ drm/via_drv.h

  > Move dev->driver over to being a pointer to a const struct, instead of
  > stupidly
  > filling in a pre-allocated one on each attach.
  > Makes the code a bunch nicer, shrinks a kernel by about 1.5k on amd64,
  > helps with my sanity, and paves way for later changes.
  > Tested by a few for a couple of weeks now. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_dma.c
  ~ drm/drm_drv.c                         ~ drm/i915_dma.c
  ~ drm/i915_irq.c                        ~ drm/i915_mem.c
  ~ drm/mach64_dma.c                      ~ drm/mach64_drv.h
  ~ drm/mach64_irq.c                      ~ drm/mach64_state.c
  ~ drm/mga_dma.c                         ~ drm/mga_drv.h
  ~ drm/mga_state.c                       ~ drm/mga_warp.c
  ~ drm/r128_cce.c                        ~ drm/r128_drv.h
  ~ drm/r128_state.c                      ~ drm/r300_cmdbuf.c
  ~ drm/radeon_cp.c                       ~ drm/radeon_irq.c
  ~ drm/radeon_mem.c                      ~ drm/radeon_state.c
  ~ drm/savage_bci.c                      ~ drm/savage_state.c
  ~ drm/sis_mm.c                          ~ drm/via_dma.c
  ~ drm/via_irq.c                         ~ drm/via_map.c
  ~ drm/via_mm.c                          ~ drm/via_verifier.c
  ~ drm/via_video.c

  > Kill the linux-ready negative return codes in ``shared'' code. We handle
  > them wrong in several cases that i've noticed and Merging when needed is
  > still fairly simple, anyway. This shaves another 500 bytes from an amd64
  > kernel due to not having to flip the sign on some things. It also stops
  > my eyes bleeding.
  > Tested by a few along with the last diff that went in. (oga@)

  ~ drm/i915_drv.c                        ~ drm/mach64_drv.c
  ~ drm/mga_drv.c                         ~ drm/r128_drv.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.c                      ~ drm/savage_drv.c
  ~ drm/sis_drv.c                         ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c
  ~ drm/via_drv.c

  > Kill a bunch of #ifdef freebsd/netbsd code in *_drv.c. No binary change.
  > (oga@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > new PCI ID for Intel WiFi Link 5350. (damien@)

  > sync (damien@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > missing spl() for codec command setting/retrieval
  > from NetBSD via Alexey Suslikov, thanks
  > "looks good" ratchov@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > Enable PCIe snooping on the remaining ATI/NVIDIA chipsets.
  > Fixes clicking and other noise related issues.
  > ok ratchov@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ix.c                               ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > Fix various printf constructs either missing arguments or format
  > specifiers. (miod@)

  ~ if_re_pci.c

  > If re_attach() fails at any point make sure to disestablish various
  > resources setup by the bus front ends, especially the shutdown hook.
  > Found while testing some other changes with a CardBus adapter and
  > re_attach() was failing early before the interface pointer was
  > assigned. Then the system was rebooted, the shutdown hook was called
  > and *boom* in re_stop(). (brad@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > add azalia_codec_disconnect_stream(), a function to direct all
  > converters in a group to use HDA link stream #0.  use it when
  > halting playback/recording.
  > from NetBSD via Alexey Suslikov, thanks
  > tested by several, thanks also (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > if converters in a group are not needed to satisfy the requirements
  > of a stream, direct the unneeded converters use HDA link stream #0
  > from NetBSD via Alexey Suslikov, thanks
  > tested by several, thanks also (jakemsr@)

dev/usb

  ~ ehci.c

  > Don't force multi transaction endpoints (>1024 bytes) down to single
  > transactions.  From NetBSD. (mglocker@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > In ehci_free_itd() replace LIST_INSERT_AFTER(LIST_FIRST(..), ..) with
  > LIST_INSERT_HEAD(..) to prevent a crash when the freelist is empty. From
  > NetBSD. (mglocker@)

  ~ umsm.c                                ~ ubsa.c

  > As the Option N.V. Globetrotter HSDPA Modem is not compatible
  > with ubsa(4), it is moved to umsm(4).
  > ok jsg@, reported by Daniele Pilenga (yuo@)

  ~ ulpt.c

  > stop waiting for the printer to become ready, see PR 5427 for more
  > information.  Also explains PR 4124 and 5318 (deraadt@)

  ~ usbdi.c

  > For none interrupt endpoints call the xfer done function before
  > calling the xfer callback function to allow a device driver to
  > immediately reschedule the same xfer.
  > This e.g. improves performance for isoc high- fullspeed xfers (ehci).
  > From NetBSD.  OK phessler@ (mglocker@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsdisplay.c

  > Add missing checks for sc_focus being NULL. Found the hard way by
  > Jesus Sanchez. (miod@)

kern

  ~ kern_malloc.c

  > In malloc_page_free(), restore the correct wire_count value. (miod@)

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Do not display file offsets and a few other pieces of information, except
  > to the user or the superuser.  Display * for those fields instead.	From
  > PR 5113, but modified to use copyout correctly.
  > comments from tedu, ok from others (deraadt@)

  ~ kern_prot.c

  > Use the reference count in struct process to update the proc count
  > for users by the correct amount when changing real UID on (r)threaded
  > processes.
  > ok art@ tedu@ (guenther@)

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ kern_exit.c
  ~ kern_fork.c

  > Put a reference count in struct process to prevent use-after-free
  > if the main thread reaches the reaper ahead of some other thread
  > in the process.
  > ok art@ tedu@ (guenther@)

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > pass NULL rather than 0 for interrupt time usage to calcru()
  > ok art@ (kevlo@)

  ~ uipc_socket.c

  > Change sb_timeo to unsigned, so that even if some calculation (ie. n * HZ)
  > becomes a very large number it will not wrap the short into a negative
  > number and screw up timeouts.  It will simply become a max of 65535.  Since
  > this happens when HZ is cranked to a high number, this will still only take
  > n seconds, or less.  Safer than crashing.
  > Prompted by PR 5511
  > ok guenther (deraadt@)

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ kern_exit.c
  ~ kern_fork.c                           ~ kern_prot.c

  > backout; is causing some people difficulty (deraadt@)

  ~ kern_malloc.c

  > Since malloc_page_alloc() is a pool allocator it should check for PR_WAITOK
  > instead of M_NOWAIT.  Checking for M_NOWAIT made many malloc calls that
  > used
  > that flag actually wait.  This probably explains many if the strange hangs
  > people have seen recently.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

lib/libkern

  ~ softfloat.c                           ~ softfloat.h

  > unbreak ieeefp emulation code wrt converting double to unsigned
  > long ints for alpha.  we've got only one instruction (cvttq) to
  > convert double-t to quadword, and float64_to_int64 did not take
  > into account the unsigned conversions
  > therefore, overflow always occured, and half of the unsigned range
  > (LONG_MAX .. ULONG_MAX) was broken
  > introduce roundAndPackInt64NoOverflow and float64_to_int64_no_overflow
  > for softfloat, that works with unsigned integers as well.  note
  > that this will return zero for nan/inf/oflow/uflow, raising exception
  > flag
  > perl is happy now
  > looked over by miod@
  > tested by naddy@, and by me on nick@'s alpha (martynas@)

  - arch/sparc/random.S

  > Use the MI random() for all cases; no need for a MD version since it
  > has never been performance sensitive.
  > Running on all platforms, discussed with millert and kettenis, ok toby
  > (deraadt@)

net

  ~ pf_table.c                            ~ pfvar.h

  > Get rid of the second table entry pool (pfr_kentry_pl2); we're already
  > using the default interrupt handler for both, so there's no need to keep
  > table entries created in interrupt context separate.
  > ok henning art (mcbride@)

  ~ if_ethersubr.c

  > Add fallback ioctl handlers for MTU and multicast to ether_ioctl(). (brad@)

  ~ if_pppoe.c

  > Make sure no two pppoe devices share the same sc_unique identifier. While
  > there, fix some typos, and pass M_CANFAIL to all malloc() calls which use
  > M_WAITOK but are tested for failure.
  > test&ok brad@ (miod@)

  ~ trunklacp.c                           ~ trunklacp.h

  > Some more cleanup. No binary change.
  > OK reyk@ (mpf@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_input.c

  > Comment out statekey code to stop 'panic: soreceive 3', which
  > happens with IPv6 TCP traffic, until a better fix is found.
  > patch from henning@
  > proded by deraadt@ (dhill@)

  ~ tcp_input.c

  > back out previous change.  Another panic, not as frequent, and
  > definitely not at will. (dhill@)

sys

  ~ sysctl.h

  > Do not display file offsets and a few other pieces of information, except
  > to the user or the superuser.  Display * for those fields instead.	From
  > PR 5113, but modified to use copyout correctly.
  > comments from tedu, ok from others (deraadt@)

  ~ proc.h

  > Put a reference count in struct process to prevent use-after-free
  > if the main thread reaches the reaper ahead of some other thread
  > in the process.
  > ok art@ tedu@ (guenther@)

  ~ socketvar.h

  > Change sb_timeo to unsigned, so that even if some calculation (ie. n * HZ)
  > becomes a very large number it will not wrap the short into a negative
  > number and screw up timeouts.  It will simply become a max of 65535.  Since
  > this happens when HZ is cranked to a high number, this will still only take
  > n seconds, or less.  Safer than crashing.
  > Prompted by PR 5511
  > ok guenther (deraadt@)

  ~ proc.h

  > backout; is causing some people difficulty (deraadt@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_vnode.c

  > uvn_attach message is purely diagnostic, not needed
  > no ok's from anyone because they are all slacking (deraadt@)

  ~ uvm_amap.c                            ~ uvm_map.c

  > Don't extend amaps beyond what their supposed maximum. This code path is
  > not taken anymore, but it doesn't hurt to be correct.
  > from NetBSD, through mickey in pr 5812
  > prodded by otto@ (art@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

awk

  ~ FIXES                                 ~ awk.h
  ~ awkgram.y                             ~ b.c
  ~ lex.c                                 ~ lib.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ maketab.c
  ~ run.c

  > Update awk to version 20071023; OK deraadt@ (millert@)

chpass

  ~ util.c

  > remove unused variable
  > ok millert@ jsing@ (chl@)

compress

  ~ main.c

  > For "gunzip -N", the name stored in the gzip header has no directory,
  > so write the uncompressed file in the same directory we would use
  > were the -N option not specified.  Closes PR 5224 (millert@)

fstat

  ~ fstat.1                               ~ fstat.c

  > Do not display file offsets and a few other pieces of information, except
  > to the user or the superuser.  Display * for those fields instead.	From
  > PR 5113, but modified to use copyout correctly.
  > comments from tedu, ok from others (deraadt@)

mail

  ~ mail.1

  > document -d.  ok millert@ (martynas@)

  ~ main.c

  > - add -d to usage
  > - sync -f arg name with man page synopsis (jmc@)

rcs

  ~ rcs.c

  > cvs(1) uses a config file to know about the $OpenBSD$ expansion keyword,
  > but unfortunately rcs is not so lucky, and it will have to encoded inside.
  > A bit gross, but what can we do? PR 5953, ok tobias (deraadt@)

sed

  ~ TEST/sed.test

  > There is no /usr/old/bin/sed so compare test results against /usr/bin/sed
  > (millert@)

  ~ sed.1                                 ~ process.c

  > The 'l' command should not encode newlines.  Also document that
  > backspace is escaped as \b.  OK phessler@ and jmc@ (millert@)

  ~ compile.c                             ~ extern.h
  ~ main.c                                ~ misc.c

  > Allow sed to handle arbitrarily long lines.  Also plug a memory
  > leak noticed in the process.  Closes PR 5303.  OK otto@ deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ main.c

  > Don't strip newline when reading lines; matches the original behavior.
  > From otto@ (millert@)

  ~ compile.c

  > In compile_subst(), adjust for the fact that the initial buffer
  > that is passed in may now be larger than _POSIX2_LINE_MAX.
  > Thanks to pedro@ for the test case.  OK pedro@ (millert@)

  ~ compile.c

  > Now that len is set later in compile_subst() we need to move the
  > xmalloc call that goes with it. (millert@)

sendbug

  ~ sendbug.c

  > parse all arguments before going and doing the job requested by -P
  > (slight change made to check argc == 0)
  > from Daniel Dickman (deraadt@)

ssh

  ~ ssh.1                                 ~ ssh.c

  > Add -y option to force logging via syslog rather than stderr.
  > Useful for daemonised ssh connection (ssh -f). Patch originally from
  > and ok'd by markus@ (djm@)

  ~ servconf.c                            ~ sshd_config.5

  > support setting PermitEmptyPasswords in a Match block
  > requested in PR3891; ok dtucker@ (djm@)

  ~ ssh.c

  > add -y to usage(); (jmc@)

  ~ scp.c

  > spelling in comment; ok djm@ (stevesk@)

  ~ key.c

  > typo in error message; ok djm@ (stevesk@)

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > use 'Privileged ports can be forwarded only when logging in as root on
  > the remote machine.' for RemoteForward just like ssh.1 -R.
  > ok djm@ jmc@ (stevesk@)

stat

  ~ stat.1

  > give working examples (s/timespec/time/ for variables exported)
  > please commit from jmc@ (todd@)

systat

  ~ pftop.c

  > Fix the order of traversal when printing the queues. Properly places
  > child queues under their respective interface root queues. Reported
  > by jared r r spiegel via PR 5861. (canacar@)

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > use (unsigned) in rate calculation for > 2 billion interrupts.  This will
  > do until when we tweak struct uvmexp to have unsigned 64 bit counters,
  > and when we do, it will not break.
  > from PR 4046, ok millert (deraadt@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

authpf

  ~ authpf.c

  > grammar; PR 5394 (deraadt@)

  ~ authpf.c

  > protect better against races from incoming signals; slightly changed
  > from 5394 by tracking the fd instead of the fp.
  > ok beck (deraadt@)

httpd

  ~ src/support/rotatelogs.c

  > Don't exit if the logfile specified on the command line can not be
  > created due to a path component not existing, but log the error and
  > retry.  This will repeatetly log an error, like it does without the patch,
  > but it will not slowly eat up memory.  This fixes pr 4228. (mbalmer@)

mtree

  ~ mtree.h                               ~ verify.c

  > Correct exit codes for extra files. PR 5072.
  > Reminded by millert. ok millert, deraaadt (kili@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.conf.5

  > - use nmea(4) for general sensor example rather than udcf(4)
  > which only works in w.europe
  > - use a more realistic value for udcf correction example
  > - use a GPS-only receiver for "refid GPS" example
  > suggested/ok mbalmer (sthen@)

pcidump

  ~ pcidump.8                             ~ pcidump.c

  > dump pci devices from all the domains available in the system. this gives
  > a proper view of what is plugged into the box, previously only the first
  > domain was displayed.
  > from Paul de Weerd <weerd at weirdnet.nl> with help and feedback from
  > kettenis at . thanks paul :) (dlg@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_create                            ~ pkg_merge
  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/CollisionReport.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm                     ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm                ~ OpenBSD/md5.pm

  > turn the checksums stored in packing elements into real objects, so that
  > pkg_add becomes mostly independent of the type of checksum stored.
  > separate md5 into an abstract OpenBSD::digest class and an md5 subclass
  > with specific methods to compute checksums and serialize results, and
  > create
  > an sha class that does the same thing with sha256 (with a base64
  > serializer) (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm

  > oops, missed one compute_md5
  > noticed by djm@ (espie@)

  ~ pkg_merge                             ~ pkg_mklocatedb

  > add rcs tags
  > ok espie (steven@)

pppd

  ~ sys-bsd.c

  > SIOCAIFADDR can fail with EEXIST either if the local or the destination
  > address already exists so mention both addresses in the error message.
  > From PR4584 (alexander at beard dot se) I just tuned the error message a
  > bit. (claudio@)

pstat

  ~ pstat.8                               ~ pstat.c

  > pstat can hide information too; also based on PR 5113 (deraadt@)

relayd

  ~ relayd.conf.5

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

snmpd

  ~ trap.c

  > plug memleak by calling ber_free() after sending a trap to cleanup the
  > BER write buffer. (reyk@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-ppp.c

  > Fix -X output of ppp packets. Inspired by PR4624 and especially the patch
  > provided by canacar at . I just modified it a bit to skip the data link proto
  > number as well. OK deraadt@ (claudio@)

user

  ~ user.c

  > When adding a new user, do not move a potential yp line (+:*:::0:0::::) to
  > the
  > end of the file, for this would make logins coming after the yp line (such
  > as nomadic or fallback accounts) to come back before the yp line and take
  > precedence. Found the hard way installing packages needing a user to be
  > created.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

ypldap

  ~ aldap.c

  > use strtonum() instead of atoi() and remove an unnecessary bzero()
  > ok pyr@ (aschrijver@)

  ~ ldapclient.c                          ~ aldap.h