[owc] Weekly src changes ending 2011-05-29

OWC auto at squish.net
Mon May 30 07:00:01 BST 2011

OpenBSD src changes summary for 2011-05-22 to 2011-05-29 inclusive

bin/pax                                 distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            etc/netstart
include/fenv.h                          include/math.h
include/wchar.h                         lib/libc
lib/libkvm                              lib/libm
lib/libssl                              lib/libz
libexec/ld.so                           libexec/security
regress/lib                             regress/usr.bin
regress/usr.sbin                        sbin/disklabel
sbin/ifconfig                           sbin/iked
sbin/newfs                              sbin/sysctl
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/conf
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/amd64/pci                      sys/arch/arm/include
sys/arch/armish/conf                    sys/arch/gumstix/conf
sys/arch/hppa/conf                      sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/hppa64/conf                    sys/arch/hppa64/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/landisk/conf                   sys/arch/loongson/conf
sys/arch/loongson/dev                   sys/arch/loongson/loongson
sys/arch/m68k/include                   sys/arch/m68k/m68k
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/macppc/include
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/palm/conf                      sys/arch/powerpc/include
sys/arch/sgi/conf                       sys/arch/sh/include
sys/arch/socppc/include                 sys/arch/socppc/socppc
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/zaurus/conf
sys/ddb                                 sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/atapiscsi
sys/dev/i2c                             sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/lib/libsa
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/aucat
usr.bin/man                             usr.bin/mandoc
usr.bin/pkg-config                      usr.bin/ssh
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.sbin
usr.sbin/ikectl                         usr.sbin/nsd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/procmap
usr.sbin/relayd                         usr.sbin/smtpd

== bin =============================================================== 01/12 ==

pax

  ~ pax.c

  > fix one signal race bug, and mark the others that remain much more
  > specifically
  > ok nicm (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/12 ==

  ~ m4.common

  > sollicitation -> solicitation; (jmc@)

sets

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.loongson                ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.palm
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/12 ==

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > Add svlan(4) startup bits.
  > From markus at . OK naddy, claudio, reyk. (mpf@)

== include =========================================================== 04/12 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

fenv.h

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

math.h

  ~ math.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

wchar.h

  ~ wchar.h

  > wcs(n)casecmp support, manpage comments from jmc@, okay deraadt@ (espie@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/12 ==

  ~ arch/powerpc/gen/fpsetsticky.c

  > On PowerPC we cannot manipulate FPSCR[VX]--it's a summary of all
  > the invalid exception bits, as described in Section 3.3.6.1.1 of
  > PowerPC Architecture Programming Environments Manual.
  > A proper way to cause an invalid operation exception is to set
  > FPSCR[VXSOFT].  Similarly, we clear all the FPSCR[VX*] bits otherwise.
  > (martynas@)

  ~ shlib_version                         ~ string/Makefile.inc
  ~ string/wmemchr.3                      + string/wcscasecmp.c

  > wcs(n)casecmp support, manpage comments from jmc@, okay deraadt@ (espie@)

  ~ string/wmemchr.3

  > tweak previous (my fault); (jmc@)

libkvm

  ~ kvm_proc.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

libm

  ~ Makefile                              + man/feclearexcept.3
  + man/feenableexcept.3                  + man/fegetenv.3
  + man/fegetround.3

  > Document C99 floating-point environment. (martynas@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ man/rint.3

  > Document nearbyint, nearbyintf, nearbyintl. (martynas@)

  ~ man/feclearexcept.3                   ~ man/feenableexcept.3
  ~ man/fegetenv.3                        ~ man/fegetround.3
  ~ man/rint.3

  > tweak previous; ok martynas (jmc@)

  ~ Makefile                              + arch/mc68881/e_acosf.S
  + arch/mc68881/e_asinf.S                + arch/mc68881/e_atanhf.S
  + arch/mc68881/e_coshf.S                + arch/mc68881/e_expf.S
  + arch/mc68881/e_log10f.S               + arch/mc68881/e_logf.S
  + arch/mc68881/e_remainderf.S           + arch/mc68881/e_scalbf.S
  + arch/mc68881/e_sinhf.S                + arch/mc68881/e_sqrtf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_atanf.S                + arch/mc68881/s_ceilf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_copysignf.S            + arch/mc68881/s_cosf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_expm1f.S               + arch/mc68881/s_floorf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_log1pf.S               + arch/mc68881/s_logbf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_rintf.S                + arch/mc68881/s_scalbnf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_sinf.S                 + arch/mc68881/s_tanf.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_tanhf.S

  > Adapt m68k MD functions to single-precision.
  > Looked over by miod at . (martynas@)

  ~ Makefile                              + arch/mc68881/e_acosl.S
  + arch/mc68881/e_asinl.S                + arch/mc68881/e_sqrtl.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_atanl.S                + arch/mc68881/s_copysignl.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_cosl.S                 + arch/mc68881/s_logbl.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_rintl.S                + arch/mc68881/s_scalbnl.S
  + arch/mc68881/s_sinl.S                 + arch/mc68881/s_tanl.S

  > Adapt m68k MD functions to extended-precision.
  > Go for it miod at . (martynas@)

  ~ src/e_lgamma_r.c                      ~ src/e_lgammaf_r.c

  > Store -1 into signgam in case of a special value of -0. (martynas@)

libssl

  ~ Makefile

  > remove hack to test and create /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ if needed, it's been six
  > months since it was introduced so it's safe to assume people have this dir
  > now.
  > ok deraadt@ (jasper@)

libz

  ~ Makefile

  > remove hack to test and create /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ if needed, it's been six
  > months since it was introduced so it's safe to assume people have this dir
  > now.
  > ok deraadt@ (jasper@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/12 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ loader.c
  ~ resolve.c                             ~ resolve.h

  > Dynamic linker speed improvement diff. tested by several sinc k2k11.
  > get it in tree now deraadt@, ok by several ports folks. Thanks for the
  > testing. (drahn@)

  ~ resolve.c

  > No need to call _dl_newsymsearch() twice; ok drahn@ (otto@)

security

  ~ security

  > Fix two bugs where race conditions might cause stat(2) to fail,
  > such that security(8) would output garbage on stderr.
  > One reported by <RD at thrush dot com>, the other found by code audit.
  > While here, remove dead code in two other places: stat(_) uses cashed
  > data and cannot fail, not even if the file is removed in between.
  > ok Andrew Fresh (schwarze@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/12 ==

lib

  + libm/lgamma/Makefile                  + libm/lgamma/lgamma.c

  > Add some simple test cases for lgamma, and lgammaf.
  > Currently the functions return correct results for the input of
  > negative zero;  however signgam is wrong in this case. (martynas@)

usr.bin

  ~ ssh/cfgmatch.sh

  > include testing of multiple/overridden AuthorizedKeysFiles
  > refactor to simply daemon start/stop and get rid of racy constructs (djm@)

usr.sbin

  ~ pkg_add/signatures.ref

  > fix test output for new message (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add/Makefile                      + pkg_add/check-path

  > unit-test @pkgpath before we add a lot of junk to it (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add/check-path

  > flesh out flavors, future test that does not match yet (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add/check-path

  > more extra stuff for later (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add/check-path

  > rename (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add/check-path

  > several more bizarre cases (espie@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/12 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > In addition to relative resizing, allow absolute resizing of partitions
  > in auto-allocated labels. ok krw@ sthen@ (otto@)

  ~ disklabel.c

  > zap unused var (otto@)

  ~ disklabel.8

  > sync auto-allocation table with code (otto@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Apply proper rounding for the R command (changing of auto-allocated
  > partitions); ok krw@ (otto@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Make /usr/obj a bit bigger, on small disks it ends up just a little
  > bit too small. ok krw@ (otto@)

  ~ disklabel.8

  > sync auto-allocation table (otto@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ editor.c

  > Allow for more room for /usr/obj on static linking only archs; ok krw@
  > deraadt@ (otto@)

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > Don't provide an af hint to getaddrinfo in settunnel(), this function
  > already checks that families of source and destination addresses match
  > and that's all we need.
  > This allows "ifconfig foo tunnel 1::1 2::2" syntax rather than requiring
  > "ifconfig foo inet6 tunnel 1::1 2::2", which in turn allows hostname.if
  > files to create an IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel without games with shell escapes.
  > ok dcoppa@, seems ok todd@, "Yes, yes and yes" claudio@ (sthen@)

iked

  ~ ca.c                                  ~ chap_ms.c
  ~ eap.c                                 ~ ikev2.c
  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfkey.c
  ~ timer.c                               ~ util.c

  > spacing (reyk@)

newfs

  ~ mkfs.c                                ~ newfs.8
  ~ newfs.c

  > Allow specifying k/m/g/... suffixes in newfs(8) -S and -s options.
  > Useful for mount_mfs, now you can just say:
  > # mount_mfs -s 50m swap /tmp
  > And it will do what you want, taking into account sector size.
  > Old behaviour of -s (specifying count of sectors) is, of course,
  > preserved.
  > All the work was done by Vadim Zhukov (persgray(at)gmail com).
  > OK myself, otto@, thib@ (dcoppa@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.c

  > allow ranges for entering net.inet.(tcp|udp).baddynamic lists, e.g.
  > sysctl net.inet.tcp.baddynamic=1-32768
  > sysctl net.inet.udp.baddynamic=+40000-65535
  > ok mk@ (djm@)

  ~ sysctl.8

  > mention ranges; prodding and feedback jmc@ (djm@)

== share ============================================================= 09/12 ==

  ~ man9/Makefile

  > fix pathname (deraadt@)

  ~ man9/pci_intr_map.9

  > - new sentence, new line
  > - space needed before punctuation (jmc@)

  ~ man8/rc.shutdown.8

  > better document what happens at system shutdown;
  > much discussion/help/ok ajacoutot schwarze (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/Makefile             + man4/man4.macppc/dfs.4

  > Manpage for dfs(4) with tweaks from jmc@
  > ok sthen@, kettenis@, miod@ (mpi@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/dfs.4

  > no comma desired for last Xr in SEE ALSO; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/macgpio.4

  > update the hardware list; (jmc@)

  ~ man8/rc.d.8

  > BUGS: there is currently no way to know whether a background process was
  > successfully started so rc_start will always succeed.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man8/rc.d.8

  > no .Pp before/after .S{s,h}; (jmc@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > Adapt after recent dconf MODULE change. (ajacoutot@)

== sys =============================================================== 10/12 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISKBIG

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ identcpu.c                            + k1x-pstate.c

  > AMD K10/K11 pstate driver allows setperf and apm to change CPU
  > frequencies on newer AMD systems.
  > Driver written by Bryan Steele / brynet gmail.com
  > Put it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ intr.c

  > Remove out of data XXX comment. (kettenis@)

  ~ k1x-pstate.c

  > Let this compile on kernels without acpicpu.
  > Problem found by Nathanael Rensen (nathanael at polymorpheus dot com)
  > (claudio@)

  ~ identcpu.c

  > Use k1x cpu scaling on all families 0x10 and above (the trend is likely to
  > continue); makes the AMD E-350 speed adjust (from slow to way slower).
  > discussion with jsg. (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ files.amd64

  > AMD K10/K11 pstate driver allows setperf and apm to change CPU
  > frequencies on newer AMD systems.
  > Driver written by Bryan Steele / brynet gmail.com
  > Put it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > AMD K10/K11 pstate driver allows setperf and apm to change CPU
  > frequencies on newer AMD systems.
  > Driver written by Bryan Steele / brynet gmail.com
  > Put it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/amd64/pci

  ~ pci_machdep.c

  > Don't attempt to use MSI if we're not running in APIC mode. (kettenis@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/armish/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/gumstix/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/hppa64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ files.i386

  > AMD K10/K11 pstate driver allows setperf and apm to change CPU
  > frequencies on newer AMD systems.
  > Driver written by Bryan Steele / brynet gmail.com adjusted for i386
  > by myself. Put it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISKC
  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ machdep.c                             + k1x-pstate.c

  > AMD K10/K11 pstate driver allows setperf and apm to change CPU
  > frequencies on newer AMD systems.
  > Driver written by Bryan Steele / brynet gmail.com adjusted for i386
  > by myself. Put it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

  ~ k1x-pstate.c

  > Let this compile on kernels without acpicpu.
  > Problem found by Nathanael Rensen (nathanael at polymorpheus dot com)
  > (claudio@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Use k1x cpu scaling on all families 0x10 and above (the trend is likely to
  > continue); makes the AMD E-350 speed adjust (from slow to way slower).
  > discussion with jsg. (deraadt@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > AMD K10/K11 pstate driver allows setperf and apm to change CPU
  > frequencies on newer AMD systems.
  > Driver written by Bryan Steele / brynet gmail.com adjusted for i386
  > by myself. Put it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_machdep.c

  > Don't attempt to use MSI if we're not running in APIC mode. (kettenis@)

arch/landisk/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/loongson/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

  ~ RAMDISK

  > Add the second serial port, might be the console device on 2E systems.
  > (miod@)

arch/loongson/dev

  ~ smfb.c

  > Do not dereference ri_devcmap[] twice; found the hard way by Gilbert
  > Fernandes
  > (firstname dot lastname at orange dot frogland). (miod@)

arch/loongson/loongson

  ~ machdep.c

  > Set UX and SX in the system register early in boot. While not necessary on
  > the real hardware, some emulators (such as those which name start with `qe'
  > and end in `mu' and are four letters long) expect the cpu behaviour to
  > honour the value of these bits. This is not worth doing but it's cheap.
  > (miod@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ pmap_motorola.h

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/m68k/m68k

  ~ pmap_motorola.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

  ~ pmap_motorola.c

  > Thou shall not use uninitialized TAILQs (miod@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Enable ath(4)
  > ok deraadt@ (mpi@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.macppc

  > Add dfs(4), a driver to support the Dynamic Frequency Switching feature
  > found on some G4 PowerBook.
  > Tested by many, thanks.
  > ok sthen@, kettenis@, miod@ (mpi@)

arch/macppc/dev

  + dfs.c

  > Add dfs(4), a driver to support the Dynamic Frequency Switching feature
  > found on some G4 PowerBook.
  > Tested by many, thanks.
  > ok sthen@, kettenis@, miod@ (mpi@)

arch/macppc/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add dfs(4), a driver to support the Dynamic Frequency Switching feature
  > found on some G4 PowerBook.
  > Tested by many, thanks.
  > ok sthen@, kettenis@, miod@ (mpi@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ cpu.c

  > Add dfs(4), a driver to support the Dynamic Frequency Switching feature
  > found on some G4 PowerBook.
  > Tested by many, thanks.
  > ok sthen@, kettenis@, miod@ (mpi@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/palm/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ GENERIC-IP27                          ~ GENERIC-IP30
  ~ GENERIC-IP32                          ~ RAMDISK-IP27
  ~ RAMDISK-IP30                          ~ RAMDISK-IP32

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/socppc/include

  ~ disklabel.h

  > do not need the DPME parts anymore (deraadt@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > socppc is a pure MBR architecture (just like landisk and armish), so
  > it does not need macppc DPME logic
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ fenv.h

  > Also enclose variable names with external linkage in __BEGIN_DECLS.
  > Doesn't matter much since C++ ABI used by GCC doesn't mangle variable
  > names;  however technically is required by Section 7.5 of the C++ spec.
  > Discussed with/OK guenther@, matthew at . (martynas@)

arch/zaurus/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

ddb

  ~ db_expr.c

  > In ddb, when dereferencing a pointer, use sizeof a pointer.
  > Enables  show map /f *kernel_map  to succeed without nullpointer errors on
  > 64-bit archs.
  > ok miod@ (ariane@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpivout.c

  > Do not check malloc return value against NULL, as M_WAITOK is used.
  > (pirofti@)

  ~ acpivideo.c

  > Remove leftover include. (pirofti@)

  ~ acpithinkpad.c

  > Ignore errors from the UCMS method.  Some newer (really crappy, stay
  > away from them) thinkpads are returning garbage for the return value.
  > We never did anything special about the return value except spit out
  > some noise, so silence it.
  > ok mlarkin (deraadt@)

dev/ata

  ~ ata_wdc.c

  > Move wdc_cd from ata/ata_wdc.c to ic/wdc.c so that you can compile a
  > kernel without the former.	Also, eliminate two dead stores in
  > wdcattach().
  > ok dlg@ (matthew@)

dev/atapiscsi

  ~ files.atapiscsi

  > wdc.c doesn't use NATAPISCSI, so no point in including atapiscsi.h.
  > It's the last file referencing atapiscsi.h too, so might as well get
  > rid of the need-flags in files.atapiscsi. (matthew@)

dev/i2c

  ~ i2c_scan.c

  > The check for the mcp98243 sdtemp(4) device was too strict.  Relax it.
  > Tested by Joe Gidi (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ com.c

  > Fix a problem found where one SOC has a uart implementation that causes bus
  > errors if the fifo is read when the fifo is empty. Dont read an empty fifo.
  > ok deraaadt@ fgsch@ (drahn@)

  ~ cac.c

  > Fix after poolification. For reasons not completely understood, the
  > fifo full check has to be protected by the mutex. ok dlg@ krw@ (otto@)

  ~ wdc.c

  > Move wdc_cd from ata/ata_wdc.c to ic/wdc.c so that you can compile a
  > kernel without the former.	Also, eliminate two dead stores in
  > wdcattach().
  > ok dlg@ (matthew@)

  ~ wdc.c

  > wdc.c doesn't use NATAPISCSI, so no point in including atapiscsi.h.
  > It's the last file referencing atapiscsi.h too, so might as well get
  > rid of the need-flags in files.atapiscsi. (matthew@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > The RD890 entries here are really SR5690/5670/5650 devices.
  > ok deraadt@, krw@ (kettenis@)

  ~ drm/i915_drv.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > a few more devices (deraadt@)

  ~ mpii.c

  > try to map an msi style interrupt. if that doesnt work then try to map a
  > normal intx style interrupt.
  > tested on a box with three mpii(4) controllers:
  > mpii0 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Symbios Logic SAS2008" rev 0x03: msi
  > mpii1 at pci8 dev 0 function 0 "Symbios Logic SAS2008" rev 0x03: msi
  > mpii2 at pci14 dev 0 function 0 "Symbios Logic SAS2008" rev 0x03: apic 2
  > int 8
  > no functional change, ie, everything still works.
  > it is ok to do this in mpii(4) since it is only enabled on i386 and
  > amd64, which are the only archs to get msi code so far.
  > discussed with and ok kettenis@ (dlg@)

  ~ if_alc.c                              ~ if_alcreg.h

  > - For AR8132 fast ethernet controller, do not report 1000baseT
  > capability to mii(4).
  > - Limit DMA burst size to be less than or equal to 1024 bytes.
  > Controller does not seem to support more than 1024 bytes DMA burst.
  > - Do not touch CMB TX threshold register when CMB is not used.
  > From FreeBSD via Brad
  > - Properly initialize sc_product and alc_rev early enough in
  > alc_attach() with the PCI product id and PCI revision.
  > - Further sync if_alcvar.h changes from FreeBSD for L2C/L1D
  > addition commit which in OpenBSD has been merged into if_alcreg.h
  > From Brad; tested by Gabriel Linder and edd at . (kevlo@)

  ~ if_alc.c

  > Whitespace nits; from Brad (kevlo@)

  ~ if_age.c

  > age_newbuf is called from the interrupt context so it can't sleep.
  > From Brad. Tested by Thomas Pfaff (kevlo@)

  ~ if_vte.c                              ~ if_vtereg.h

  > Sync MCR0_BROADCAST register naming from FreeBSD now that its
  > known the register is to disable broadcast instead of enabling
  > broadcast packets.
  > From Brad (kevlo@)

  ~ piixpm.c                              ~ piixreg.h

  > Add support for AMD SB800, where the SMBus control registers have been
  > hidden
  > away.  Based on a diff from Bryan Steele.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add AMD Family 14h devices. (kettenis@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Fix typo in previous commit. (kettenis@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Intels calls this the 5400 chipset series instead of the E5400 chipset
  > series
  > (the latter is the name of the associated Xeon processors). (kettenis@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > two ATI bridges found in the x201 (deraadt@)

  ~ pcidevs_data.h

  > pcidevs.h (deraadt@)

  ~ pcidevs.h

  > Add a few missing ATI chipset entries (and fix one since we prefer the chip
  > names used in the documentation over marketing names). (kettenis@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Shorten a couple of old Intel chip names for consistency.  Should save a
  > few
  > bytes as a bonus. (kettenis@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ if_re_pci.c

  > Add MSI support.
  > ok dlg@, oga@ (kettenis@)

dev/usb

  ~ files.usb                             ~ umass.c
  ~ umass_scsi.c                          ~ usb_port.h

  > On OpenBSD, we've always attached scsibus(4) to umass(4), even for
  > ATAPI devices.  atapiscsi(4) is only for handling ATAPI devices on an
  > ATA bus, so umass(4) shouldn't care about it.
  > ok krw@, dlg@; no objections from deraadt@ (matthew@)

kern

  ~ exec_elf.c                            ~ kern_exec.c
  ~ kern_malloc.c                         ~ sysv_shm.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

  ~ sys_pipe.c

  > Fix the return values from pipe_kqfilter - kqfilters should return an
  > errno not 0/1.
  > ok guenther (nicm@)

lib/libsa

  ~ ufs.c

  > Do not leak memory if ufs_open() fails; reported by and ok martynas@
  > (miod@)

net

  ~ if_pflog.c                            ~ if_pflog.h
  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pfvar.h

  > Do not pass AF specific information to pf_test_rule() and PFLOG_PACKET()
  > because either the info is already available in struct pd or easy
  > to figure out.  Makes pf_test() and pf_test6() even more similar
  > (with the target to remove one of them in the near future).
  > OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pf_norm.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > Merge pf_scrub_ip() and pf_scrub_ip6() into a single function.  Call
  > pf_scrub with the right arugments in the rule case so that match
  > rules will work as expected.  As a benefit allow setting the tos
  > on IPv6 packets as well.
  > OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ pf.c

  > Don't do last minute changes to diffs. Revert the argument change to
  > pf_scrub in the rule (no-state) case. Since the action (a) may be NULL
  > for e.g. the implicit pass rule. Should fix the panics seen by other
  > people. (claudio@)

netinet

  ~ ip_output.c

  > Do not allow traffic to be sent with a destination address in 0/8;
  > this is not allowed according to Stevens and RFCs 5735 and 1122.
  > Suggestion to use ENETUNREACH from claudio.
  > OK phessler@, claudio@ (weerd@)

  ~ in_pcb.c

  > Move the source address selection for multicast destinations that
  > specify the outgoing interface with a multicast option up. Doing
  > this before the route lookup allows multicast traffic to work even
  > when the default 224/4 reject route is installed. Raw IP and IPv6
  > already had this behaviour.
  > Based on work by Christiano F. Haesbaert. OK sthen@ (claudio@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_extern.h                          ~ uvm_fault.c
  ~ uvm_io.c                              ~ uvm_km.c
  ~ uvm_map.c                             ~ uvm_map.h
  ~ uvm_mmap.c                            ~ uvm_unix.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > Fix parameter range clamping in vmmap routines.
  > The old VM_MAP_RANGE_CHECK macro was wrong and caused code to be unreadable
  > (argument altering macros are harmful).
  > Each function now treats the memory range outside the map as it would treat
  > free memory: if it would error on being given free memory, it'll error
  > in a similar fashion when the start,end parameters fall outside the map.
  > If it would accept free memory in its argument range, it'll silently accept
  > the outside-map memory too.
  > Confirmed to help ports build machines. (ariane@)

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > Replace the lower bound PAGE_SIZE with VMMAP_MIN_ADDR.
  > This makes writing a diff that makes 64-bit unclean applications explode
  > a one-line diff.
  > ok deraadt (ariane@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 11/12 ==

aucat

  ~ aucat.1

  > postion -> position; (jmc@)

  ~ aproc.c                               ~ aproc.h
  ~ aucat.1                               ~ aucat.c
  ~ dev.c                                 ~ dev.h

  > add a new -w flag to control whether master volume is automatically
  > adjusted when new streams are connected and disconnected. Disabling
  > automatic volume adjustment makes sense if all streams are recorded
  > with properly lowered volumes. (ratchov@)

  ~ aproc.c

  > make clipping less ugly, from Sviatoslav Chagaev (ratchov@)

  ~ aucat.1

  > slightly clarify -v option description (ratchov@)

  ~ aucat.1

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

man

  ~ man.c

  > add one more signal block for handling '_intmp' (the list of files
  > scheduled
  > to be deleted at termination), and then make the signal handler race safe.
  > ok nicm (deraadt@)

mandoc

  ~ Makefile                              ~ chars.c
  ~ chars.in                              ~ html.c
  ~ html.h                                ~ libmandoc.h
  ~ libmdoc.h                             ~ main.c
  ~ main.h                                ~ man_html.c
  ~ man_term.c                            ~ man_validate.c
  ~ mandoc.1                              ~ mandoc.c
  ~ mandoc.h                              ~ mdoc_argv.c
  ~ mdoc_html.c                           ~ mdoc_macro.c
  ~ mdoc_term.c                           ~ mdoc_validate.c
  ~ out.c                                 ~ out.h
  ~ read.c                                ~ roff.c
  ~ tbl_layout.c                          ~ term.c
  ~ term.h                                ~ term_ascii.c
  ~ term_ps.c                             + predefs.in

  > Merge release 1.11.3, almost all code by kristaps@:
  > * Unicode output support (no Unicode input yet, though).
  > * Refactoring: completely handle predefined strings in roff.c.
  > - New function mandoc_escape() replaces a2roffdeco() and mandoc_special().
  > - Start using mandoc_getarg() in mdoc_argv.c.
  > - Clean up parsing of delimiters in mdoc(7).
  > * And many minor fixes and lots of cleanup. (schwarze@)

  ~ chars.c

  > Fix two regressions introduced in 1.11.3:
  > * Do not pass integers outside the ASCII range to isprint().
  > * Make sure escaped characters are really printed verbatim
  > when the escape sequence has no special meaning. (schwarze@)

  ~ predefs.in

  > Fix more regressions introduced in 1.11.3:
  > Some predefined strings got changed in -Tascii mode.
  > With this fix, they change in other output modes, but -Tascii is what
  > matters. (schwarze@)

pkg-config

  ~ pkg-config

  > memoize handle_config; is not a slow routine per se, but we spend
  > a lot of time in it, so cache the return values. The most gain
  > is from configure scripts/build commands which query several modules
  > at the same time. this results in as much as a 40% speedup for
  > those pkg-config invocations.
  > tested in a bulk/ok landry@ (jasper@)

ssh

  ~ auth-rsa.c                            ~ auth.c
  ~ auth.h                                ~ auth2-pubkey.c
  ~ monitor.c                             ~ monitor_wrap.c
  ~ pathnames.h                           ~ servconf.c
  ~ servconf.h                            ~ sshd.8
  ~ sshd_config                           ~ sshd_config.5

  > allow AuthorizedKeysFile to specify multiple files, separated by spaces.
  > Bring back authorized_keys2 as a default search path (to avoid breaking
  > existing users of this file), but override this in sshd_config so it will
  > be no longer used on fresh installs. Maybe in 2015 we can remove it
  > entierly :)
  > feedback and ok markus@ dtucker@ (djm@)

  ~ auth.c

  > make secure_filename() spam debug logs less (djm@)

  ~ sshconnect.c

  > remove extra newline (djm@)

  ~ sshd.8                                ~ sshd_config.5

  > tweak previous; ok djm (jmc@)

  ~ authfile.c

  > read in key comments for v.2 keys (though note that these are not
  > passed over the agent protocol); bz#439, based on patch from binder
  > AT arago.de; ok markus@ (djm@)

  ~ readconf.c                            ~ readconf.h
  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ ssh_config.5
  ~ sshconnect.c                          ~ sshconnect2.c

  > Remove undocumented legacy options UserKnownHostsFile2 and
  > GlobalKnownHostsFile2 by making UserKnownHostsFile/GlobalKnownHostsFile
  > accept multiple paths per line and making their defaults include
  > known_hosts2; ok markus (djm@)

tmux

  ~ cmd-if-shell.c

  > Nuke a redundant if statement, from Tiago Cunha. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-set-buffer.c

  > Memory leak in error path, from Tiago Cunha. (nicm@)

  ~ tty.c

  > Trim another useless if statement, from Ailin Nemui. (nicm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 12/12 ==

usr.sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > disable nsd until the yoyos get their shit together (deraadt@)

  ~ Makefile

  > re-enable nsd; if it happens again nsd in-tree will be abandoned (deraadt@)

ikectl

  ~ ikeca.c                               ~ ikectl.c
  ~ parser.c                              ~ parser.h

  > spacing (reyk@)

nsd

  - nsd-checkconf.8                       - nsd-notify.8
  - nsd-patch.8                           - nsd-xfer.8
  - nsd-zonec.8                           - nsd.8
  - nsd.conf.5                            - nsdc.8

  > remove old man-pages (jakob@)

  ~ nsd-checkconf.8.in                    ~ nsd-notify.8.in
  ~ nsd-patch.8.in                        ~ nsd-xfer.8.in
  ~ nsd.8.in                              ~ nsd.conf.5.in
  ~ nsdc.8.in                             ~ zonec.8.in

  > make sure nsd-zonec is used instead of zonec (jakob@)

  ~ Makefile.in

  > nsd-zonec.8 (jakob@)

  ~ Makefile.in

  > fix manpage build; from theo (jakob@)

ospfd

  ~ rde_spf.c

  > Fix nexthop calculation for directly connected P2P links. connected
  > may only be set on directly connected networks but not on router
  > nodes which are used by the P2P links. Fix for PR 6597. OK sthen@
  > (claudio@)

procmap

  ~ procmap.c

  > Reimplement uvm/uvm_map.
  > vmmap is designed to perform address space randomized allocations,
  > without letting fragmentation of the address space go through the roof.
  > Some highlights:
  > - kernel address space randomization
  > - proper implementation of guardpages
  > - roughly 10% system time reduction during kernel build
  > Tested by alot of people on tech@ and developers.
  > Theo's machines are still happy. (ariane@)

relayd

  ~ parse.y                               ~ relayd.conf.5

  > Support interface groups in address specifications for tables or
  > directives like "listen on egress".
  > Based on gilles@' code for smtpd and an idea from Mikolaj Kucharski.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ check_script.c                        ~ relayd.h

  > fix "check script" by sending all required information to the parent.
  > (reyk@)

  ~ check_script.c                        ~ parse.y
  ~ relayd.h

  > Add additional check to prevent running scripts when not configured.
  > (reyk@)

smtpd

  ~ smtpd.conf.5

  > fix examples so they stay do not use external utilities and do not refer
  > to external domains
  > prompted by deraadt@ (gilles@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ smtpd.conf.5

  > teach smtpd how to listen on an interface group so that we can do:
  > listen on egress
  > listen on wlan
  > idea unvoluntarily suggested by Mikolaj Kucharski a few weeks ago,
  > unslacked after theo suggested it again. (gilles@)

  ~ smtpd.conf.5